Call for Protest of Obama Tonight

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home, he is going to be targeted for criticism on many fronts. I don't think sending so many troops is a great idea but I will wait and see how it goes.

Try not to rewrite history, Sarah. He campaigned on bringing them out of Iraq by August 09. We're still there.

He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it, even when his military provided him with the solution.

Every day, in every way, Obama shows himself to be a weak leader who thinks saying sorry will make the world love us. It doesn't, the world laughs at us.... and, with Iran, North Korea, etc... it is very dangerous for us all to have a weak leader that the world sees as a coward.
I am looking forward to seeing the enthusiasm level of the cadets this evening as Afghanistan has so many deployed Army personnel.

It should be interesting.

Moore is a freaking moron. But he, like all Americans has the right to protest the deployment of American forces

No,no. Criticizing the president is unAmerican and racist. Where have you been for the last 7 months.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfzMLS_-NU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfzMLS_-NU[/ame]

Moore is a freaking moron. But he, like all Americans has the right to protest the deployment of American forces

No,no. Criticizing the president is unAmerican and racist. Where have you been for the last 7 months.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfzMLS_-NU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtfzMLS_-NU[/ame]

Well, that's different.

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home, he is going to be targeted for criticism on many fronts. I don't think sending so many troops is a great idea but I will wait and see how it goes.

Try not to rewrite history, Sarah. He campaigned on bringing them out of Iraq by August 09. We're still there.

He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it, even when his military provided him with the solution.

Every day, in every way, Obama shows himself to be a weak leader who thinks saying sorry will make the world love us. It doesn't, the world laughs at us.... and, with Iran, North Korea, etc... it is very dangerous for us all to have a weak leader that the world sees as a coward.
I am looking forward to seeing the enthusiasm level of the cadets this evening as Afghanistan has so many deployed Army personnel.

Well, from what I hear currently..... they ain't exactly impressed.

According to my sources (you will be aware of them, no doubt) he needs to talk tough and convince not just our enemies that he means business - but needs to convince our troops.

Obama said (when he was campaigning) he would pull back from Iraq and increase troops in Afghanistan.

Problem?

According to my sources (you will be aware of them, no doubt) he needs to talk tough and convince not just our enemies that he means business - but needs to convince our troops.

More Kirk, less Spock.

The Associated Press: CAPITAL CULTURE: Is Obama another Mr. Spock?

I only hope that the idiot Obama listens to his Generals and lets them use the troops as they see fit within their strategies, and does not start caving to the Code Pink and extreme lefties with wishy washy orders about 'nice' soldiers and not having them to go over and start actually kicking ass

More Kirk, less Spock.

Calling Obama Spock is an insult to trekkies all over the world.

Obama said (when he was campaigning) he would pull back from Iraq and increase troops in Afghanistan.

Problem?

That he sat on the report since fucking August - while our troops died. That may not be a problem to you but to those of us with family and friends in Iraq and Afghanistan, it is a fairly major problem.

Absolutely absurd claims. The crime of trying to rewrite history is your own.

"He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it,"

In nine months Obama doubled ther number of U.S. Troops in Afghanistan, he increased coalition partner troop levels by 40%, he's negotiated increased cooperation with Pakistan and even Russia.

And Si Modo is still harping on the delay even though McChrystal's request REPEATEDLY stated that the request was first and formost a request for a review of strategy and tactics and more troops WERE NOT the crux of the request.

I disagree with this decision as it is applying a strategy that I think has little chance of success and expands the goals of the mission into areas that exceed our legitimate intererst in the area.

But you folks who are so intent on whining even AFTER you get what you want are just a piece of work. Bet you NEVER said thank you for your gifts when you were kids either ...

It's bizarre that anyone is criticizing Obama for taking his time and trying to make the right decision.

Better to go off half-cocked like Bush and invade the wrong country.

:cuckoo:

It's bizarre that anyone is criticizing Obama for taking his time and trying to make the right decision.

1) With war you can't inherently wait for the 'right time'... you do not inherently have that option
2) Bush went After the taliban in Afghanistan quickly but not quickly enough... we did not go into Iraq immediately and we were actually long overdue for finishing what was started before and long overdue for enforcing the cease-fire agreement when Saddam continually violated it... there was no 'invasion' of any 'wrong' country

But don't let reality get in the way of your rant, Ravi

I support the protest, end this rediculous war now.

Instead Barry will 'LBJ' it and up the ante.

Fucking moron.

Yes, it's clear that the deliberations were more than justified - McChrystal himself requested the review.

But I still think he arrived at the wrong answer.

More Kirk, less Spock.

Calling Obama Spock is an insult to trekkies all over the world.

Better than calling Spock Obama, in my opinion.

I criticize him for taking his time.... because our troops are dying. He is the President - he has no military experience and, instead of listening to the people he chose (McCrystal), he decided to get opinions from everyone and their dog first.

Both wars are a waste of life and money.

If we concentrate on securing our borders, air land and sea, tell me what threat does Iraq, Afghanistan or Al Qaeda pose to us?

Little to none is the answer. Certainly not enough to justify the cost both human and monetary.

If the middle-east goes to hell in a hand-basket, so does our economy (even worse than now). I think that's probably the motive, not the "spread of freedom."

Afghanistan is not the middle east.

Afghanistan has no resources we need or want.

We never should have invaded Iraq and that has always been my position but I have also conceded that since we did invade Iraq that we cannot leave until it is stable.

Afghanistan on the other hand is a worthless piece of property to us.

We have just been wanting to build a pipeline or two accross it for years.
Opium is also in demand apparently.

Yes, it's clear that the deliberations were more than justified - McChrystal himself requested the review.

But I still think he arrived at the wrong answer
That could be true. I decided long before the election that I wasn't going to hold it against any of the candidates that ended up having to clean up Bush's mess.

Time will tell...

Forum List

Back