Call for Protest of Obama Tonight

It's bizarre that anyone is criticizing Obama for taking his time and trying to make the right decision.

Better to go off half-cocked like Bush and invade the wrong country.

:cuckoo:

I criticize him for taking his time.... because our troops are dying. He is the President - he has no military experience and, instead of listening to the people he chose (McCrystal), he decided to get opinions from everyone and their dog first.

Another attempt to re-write history.

1) McChrystal himself requested the review - he knew what was involved in that.

2) To even suggest that "people were dying" BECAUSE Obama took his time with the decision is ridiculous. You would have to believe that our officers led their men into positions that could not be defended with reinforcements - reonforcements that may or may not be coming. Absurd.

The additional troops were requested to take up new positions in hotly contested areas. NOT to help the troops already there defend their current positions.

Suggesting otherwise is just an attempt to politicize the situation with emotional appeals - USING the service and sacrifices of our military personnel for political purposes.

It's bizarre that anyone is criticizing Obama for taking his time and trying to make the right decision.

Yes, it's clear that the deliberations were more than justified - McChrystal himself requested the review.

But I still think he arrived at the wrong answer
That could be true. I decided long before the election that I wasn't going to hold it against any of the candidates that ended up having to clean up Bush's mess.

Time will tell...

That's a very intelligent, sober, and realistic position - I'll do my best to follow suit. But I'm not that confident. I support the original mandate in Afghanistan - I just don't know if I can ever get on board with the "mission creep" that I believe has happened there.

Obama has been sitting around with his thumb up his ass for months... that is, when he's not partying or golfing. :rolleyes:

He's got no excuse for that. It's not like Afghanistan fell into his lap yesterday. He WAS a U.S. Senator since 2004, so it's been his business to have an opinion for the last five years. And before we get into all the usual horseshit about "circumstances change"... bear in mind, that part of a commander's job is to be prepared for all contingencies.

This guy's problem is that he SUCKS. He's in over his head and doesn't know how to placate his base and still get the job done. So far, all he's done is play politics, while our guys are over in a war zone with their asses hanging out. :evil:

Honest to God, Liberals-Who-Believe-Obama's-Merely-Being-"Deliberative"... I wish it was YOUR asses over there... waiting.

Obama campaigned on bringing the troops home, he is going to be targeted for criticism on many fronts. I don't think sending so many troops is a great idea but I will wait and see how it goes.

Try not to rewrite history, Sarah. He campaigned on bringing them out of Iraq by August 09. We're still there.

He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it, even when his military provided him with the solution.

Every day, in every way, Obama shows himself to be a weak leader who thinks saying sorry will make the world love us. It doesn't, the world laughs at us.... and, with Iran, North Korea, etc... it is very dangerous for us all to have a weak leader that the world sees as a coward.

Absolutely absurd claims. The crime of trying to rewrite history is your own.

"He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it,"

In nine months Obama doubled ther number of U.S. Troops in Afghanistan, he increased coalition partner troop levels by 40%, he's negotiated increased cooperation with Pakistan and even Russia.

And Si Modo is still harping on the delay even though McChrystal's request REPEATEDLY stated that the request was first and formost a request for a review of strategy and tactics and more troops WERE NOT the crux of the request.

I disagree with this decision as it is applying a strategy that I think has little chance of success and expands the goals of the mission into areas that exceed our legitimate intererst in the area.

But you folks who are so intent on whining even AFTER you get what you want are just a piece of work. Bet you NEVER said thank you for your gifts when you were kids either ...
He let the military down for months. When they said time was critical, several times, over and over, the 'commander' in Chief ignored them.

He is no friend of the military. He FINALLY did the right thing and did SOMETHING.

The puke has had since November of last year, when he started getting briefs on Afghanistan, to come up with a strategy in a hot fucking war zone. He takes over a year to figure out whether to give them the help they want or pull them from harm's way?

Give me and the rest of the DoD a fucking break.

But, he FINALLY did something. So, that is good.

YOU apologize for the unforgivable, and do so dishonestly at that, thus your username is a joke.

Last edited:
FINALLY, President Obama has made a decision to send the boots on the ground the help they requested.

Michael Moore is disappointed in President Obama, strongly implying in an open letter to him that BHO has broken his promise (funny, seems to me BHO just took way too long to keep his promise). Moore is promoting a site calling for a protest of Obama tonight at West Point.

I won't be protesting the President tonight, though. I hope few do. He did the right thing, horribly belatedly, but still the right thing.

I will listen to Obama and his reasoning. However, I do not believe there is much he can say to sway my opinion that we need to send additional troops to a failed campaign.

Try not to rewrite history, Sarah. He campaigned on bringing them out of Iraq by August 09. We're still there.

He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it, even when his military provided him with the solution.

Every day, in every way, Obama shows himself to be a weak leader who thinks saying sorry will make the world love us. It doesn't, the world laughs at us.... and, with Iran, North Korea, etc... it is very dangerous for us all to have a weak leader that the world sees as a coward.

Absolutely absurd claims. The crime of trying to rewrite history is your own.

"He campaigned on Afghanistan being the 'right war'.... and yet he has steadfastly ignored it,"

In nine months Obama doubled ther number of U.S. Troops in Afghanistan, he increased coalition partner troop levels by 40%, he's negotiated increased cooperation with Pakistan and even Russia.

And Si Modo is still harping on the delay even though McChrystal's request REPEATEDLY stated that the request was first and formost a request for a review of strategy and tactics and more troops WERE NOT the crux of the request.

I disagree with this decision as it is applying a strategy that I think has little chance of success and expands the goals of the mission into areas that exceed our legitimate intererst in the area.

But you folks who are so intent on whining even AFTER you get what you want are just a piece of work. Bet you NEVER said thank you for your gifts when you were kids either ...
He let the military down for months. When they said time was critical, several times, over and over, the 'commander' in Chief ignored them.

He is no friend of the military. He FINALLY did the right thing and did SOMETHING.

The puke has had since November of last year, when he started getting briefs on Afghanistan, to come up with a strategy in a hot fucking war zone. He takes over a year to figure out whether to give them the help they want or pull them from harm's way?

Give me and the rest of the DoD a fucking break.

But, he FINALLY did something. So, that is good.

YOU apologize for the unforgivable, and do so dishonestly at that, thus your username is a joke.

Yeah, yeah - when the facts desert you, take a user-name swipe.

McChrsytal ASKED FOR THE REVIEW repeatedly IN AUGUST - he knew what that entailed. Whining because Obama didn't start reading his mind in November - now THERE's the joke.

btw - my user name is the original one I took when I began posting on the msn sports boards a couple of years ago to comment on whether Florida or Michigan should play Ohio State for the NCAA football championship. I was a fan of neither team and really had no dog in that fight.

I keep the name because I think people who switch around their user names to periodically hide behind a new identity are pathetic.

So if that's the best rebuttal you got - you really don't have much do you?

Last edited:

I criticize him for taking his time.... because our troops are dying. He is the President - he has no military experience and, instead of listening to the people he chose (McCrystal), he decided to get opinions from everyone and their dog first.

Maybe President Obama listens to everyone, and you, California G... listen to only those who tell you what you want to hear?
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war. War settles nothing."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Maybe President Obama listens to everyone, and you, California G... listen to only those who tell you what you want to hear?
"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war. War settles nothing."
Dwight D. Eisenhower
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” Patton
"“We make war that we may live in peace.”" Aristotle
“The purpose of all wars...is peace.” St. Augustine

See... we can find war quotes too

Dwight D. Eisenhower

It's a fraction late for the 'inspirational' quotes. We either fight it right or we pull out completely. I am not the President - if I was, I would make Afghanistan and Iraq my top priorities, because there is nothing more important than Americans putting their lives at risk.... not one single, solitary thing.

Maybe, the President should have listened BEFORE. He's known about it since November '08. If the job is too hard for him, he can fuck off and let someone more competent do it.

Dwight D. Eisenhower
“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” Patton
"“We make war that we may live in peace.”" Aristotle
“The purpose of all wars...is peace.” St. Augustine

See... we can find war quotes too

Cool! Now, can you please find the one from DICK Cheney, where he said that the oil revenues generated from the Iraqi oil fields would more than pay for our invasion and occupation of Iraq?

I won't be protesting the President tonight, though. I hope few do. He did the right thing, horribly belatedly, but still the right thing.

why horribly or belatedly?

bush took six years and did nothing with afghanistan, which should have been his first front. you've just forgotten what it's like when someone actually thinks about what they do instead of going by their "gut".

it's ok to say you agree with obama without the left handed compliment thing. no one will think less of you.

bush took six years and did nothing with afghanistan, which should have been his first front. you've just forgotten what it's like when someone actually thinks about what they do instead of going by their "gut".

it's ok to say you agree with obama without the left handed compliment thing. no one will think less of you.

Exactly - some folks are just so wedded to their rhetoric, they cannot admit that the dastardly Obama has done something they agree with. HUGE problem in American politics today imho - people get so indoctrinated by their party and the refusal to admit that "the other guys" aren't simply evil to the core and NEVER do ANYTHING right. Makes bi-partisanship darn near impossible.

They have to grind their political axes no matter WHAT the cost. Unbelievably juvenile.

Can't acknowledge that Obama granted McChrystal's request to review and revise strategy (the part that took time) AND granted his request for more troops. No - that would be forcing them to admit that it isn't the issues that drive their whining - it's just the habit of whining that drives their whining.

THAT is unforgivable.

Posted by nodog.......Absolutely absurd claims. The crime of trying to rewrite history is your own.

In nine months Obama doubled ther number of U.S. Troops in Afghanistan, he increased coalition partner troop levels by 40%,

and yet when Bush raises troop levels in Afghanistan he's actually lowering them and ignoring the war there.....:rofl: :booze:

What a hypocrite you are!!!!!! :lol:

Posted by nodog.......Absolutely absurd claims. The crime of trying to rewrite history is your own.

In nine months Obama doubled ther number of U.S. Troops in Afghanistan, he increased coalition partner troop levels by 40%,

and yet when Bush raises troop levels in Afghanistan he's actually lowering them and ignoring the war there.....:rofl: :booze:

Everyone who can read knows that nodog showed you where Bush did in fact lower troop levels in Afghanistan on multiple occasions during his reign. Saying something isn't so because it doesn't fit your agenda, does not make it so.

He raised them some months and he lowered them some months. The ultimate effect was an increase but not the STEADY increase you tried to claim. I pointed out your error.

Must have hit home since you still can't shake it off. The glaring hypocrisy you demonstrated (and I pointed out) on the Huckabee thread really has to be stinging for you to stalk me around to here to whine about it.

Good - it should sting. Coming face to face with your hypocrisy SHOULDN'T be a pleasant experience - your vitrol confirms you are enduring what you need to be enduring.

Last edited:

Exactly - some folks are just so wedded to their rhetoric, they cannot admit that the dastardly Obama has done something they agree with. HUGE problem in American politics today imho - people get so indoctrinated by their party and the refusal to admit that "the other guys" aren't simply evil to the core and NEVER do ANYTHING right. Makes bi-partisanship darn near impossible.

They have to grind their political axes no matter WHAT the cost. Unbelievably juvenile.

Can't acknowledge that Obama granted McChrystal's request to review and revise strategy (the part that took time) AND granted his request for more troops. No - that would be forcing them to admit that it isn't the issues that drive their whining - it's just the habit of whining that drives their whining.

THAT is unforgivable.

Ummmmm....Obama said his grand strategy he espoused in March of 2009 was a FAILURE. Quote: "We lost focus..." Basically he forgot about Afghanistan in favor of government run healthcare....now that that's fizzled out....he's back to Afghanistan again. He's doing the right thing by sending more troops there...but it will not help. Pakistani co-operation you are lauding is nothing more than lip service paid to the DUPED who want to believe it...such as yourself. If they were co-operating Bin Laden would have been handed over already as their ISI knows his exact location.

Everyone who can read knows that nodog showed you where Bush did in fact lower troop levels in Afghanistan on multiple occasions during his reign. Saying something isn't so because it doesn't fit your agenda, does not make it so.

I see you need math for dummies as well.
2001...1300 troops
2008 30,000
Ya...that looks like he lowered the troop levels.....to a dope. :booze:

Forum List

Back