Californians to pay more federal taxes next year

California was being subsidized by the Federal govt., for its high state taxes. In other words, when individuals and corporations in CA filed federal taxes, they were able to deduct for the state taxes they were paying. So the Federal govt. was basically funding the California lifestyle and its warped immigration policies.

What people don't understand about CA is that it has a strong vein of conservatism and there are many cities and counties that are rebelling against the lunatic Leftists that are in charge. There might still be hope for CA!
That would all make sense except for one very very very big thing....

California sends to the Federal government, much much more in tax revenues that they ever get back from them....

And now with this new lower cap on their Real Estate of State taxes that they can take, the Federal government is going to get MUCH MORE from California and california is now going to subsidizen even MORE of the federal budget, with nothing more in return from federal spending....

even more of Californians money is going to states who don't pay in to the federal coffers, even what the federal gvt spends on them.....

That is not right....they already paid enough, same with New York state, they fund the red states too, and get less back in federal revenue that they send in, so they too are being dicked with this new tax measure even more than they were getting dicked.....

so the fed can give income tax breaks to everyone else, but them...they will end up paying more.

And as said, it was done for partisan reasons, and the Republicans used the IRS code to do their political machinations against primarily blue state citizens.
No actually, a state should stand or fall on its own merits, and not get extra subsidies based on its population, or number of illegal immigrants it has to support, or how much in taxes it sends to the govt.

The govt. should not be in the business of propping up states that have policies that are detrimental to its own residents or the rest of the country. The Democratic hypocricy is clearly evident even in this instance. They demand equal treatment, except for Leftwing states with lunatic policies. Then, they want affirmative action for states run by Libtards.

The southern red States that collect more from the feds than their citizens pay have a disproportionate amount of working class poor. They should have a $15.00/hr or more minimum wage.

Ooooh really, is that why California has the highest poverty rate? So let's get this straight, they collect the most taxes from their residents, even get a bailout for some of it from the Feds, and they have the highest poverty rate?! Time to rethink Leftwing nutjob policies, and boot out elitist Liberals running Californina over the cliff?

Poverty in California - Public Policy Institute of California

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

California Is a Shining Example of Democrats’ Economic Ineptitude

New Census Figures Show That 1 in 5 Californians Struggle to Get By - California Budget & Policy Center

California has highest poverty rate of all US states, new report finds

California leads the nation — in poverty – Orange County Register
As if you read a single word of any of those articles. Who do you think you are fooling?
so sad that red states are so poor that they need to over tax California, to bail them out... :rolleyes:

Why should Californians (or anyone else) get to claim a deduction on their federal taxes based on what they paid in state taxes?
Why shouldn't they??

Because the liberal BS programs driving the higher tax are denying those funds that would have gone to the Feds under a more typical state tax percentage. Why should the Feds compensate a State which has liberal agendas?

-Geaux
All ridiculous garbage.

California was being subsidized by the Federal govt., for its high state taxes. In other words, when individuals and corporations in CA filed federal taxes, they were able to deduct for the state taxes they were paying. So the Federal govt. was basically funding the California lifestyle and its warped immigration policies.

What people don't understand about CA is that it has a strong vein of conservatism and there are many cities and counties that are rebelling against the lunatic Leftists that are in charge. There might still be hope for CA!
That would all make sense except for one very very very big thing....

California sends to the Federal government, much much more in tax revenues that they ever get back from them....

And now with this new lower cap on their Real Estate of State taxes that they can take, the Federal government is going to get MUCH MORE from California and california is now going to subsidizen even MORE of the federal budget, with nothing more in return from federal spending....

even more of Californians money is going to states who don't pay in to the federal coffers, even what the federal gvt spends on them.....

That is not right....they already paid enough, same with New York state, they fund the red states too, and get less back in federal revenue that they send in, so they too are being dicked with this new tax measure even more than they were getting dicked.....

so the fed can give income tax breaks to everyone else, but them...they will end up paying more.

And as said, it was done for partisan reasons, and the Republicans used the IRS code to do their political machinations against primarily blue state citizens.
No actually, a state should stand or fall on its own merits, and not get extra subsidies based on its population, or number of illegal immigrants it has to support, or how much in taxes it sends to the govt.

The govt. should not be in the business of propping up states that have policies that are detrimental to its own residents or the rest of the country. The Democratic hypocricy is clearly evident even in this instance. They demand equal treatment, except for Leftwing states with lunatic policies. Then, they want affirmative action for states run by Libtards.

The southern red States that collect more from the feds than their citizens pay have a disproportionate amount of working class poor. They should have a $15.00/hr or more minimum wage.

Ooooh really, is that why California has the highest poverty rate? So let's get this straight, they collect the most taxes from their residents, even get a bailout for some of it from the Feds, and they have the highest poverty rate?! Time to rethink Leftwing nutjob policies, and boot out elitist Liberals running Californina over the cliff?

Poverty in California - Public Policy Institute of California

Why is liberal California the poverty capital of America?

California Is a Shining Example of Democrats’ Economic Ineptitude

New Census Figures Show That 1 in 5 Californians Struggle to Get By - California Budget & Policy Center

California has highest poverty rate of all US states, new report finds

California leads the nation — in poverty – Orange County Register
As if you read a single word of any of those articles. Who do you think you are fooling?
so sad that red states are so poor that they need to over tax California, to bail them out... :rolleyes:

Why should Californians (or anyone else) get to claim a deduction on their federal taxes based on what they paid in state taxes?
Why shouldn't they??

Because the liberal BS programs driving the higher tax are denying those funds that would have gone to the Feds under a more typical state tax percentage. Why should the Feds compensate a State which has liberal agendas?

-Geaux
All ridiculous garbage.
There ya go, liberalism at its finest, when all else fails, denial is a river in Egypt.

Gee, I wonder where all the Leftards ran off to?

You leave it up to the Democrats they'll turn this entire country into a Venezuela.
They are having a group hug........lol
Making signs for the next protest march? I wonder what this one will be called?
Teabaggers unite?
Proud of the Tea Party...........started all of this...........now the ABOVE the LAW politicians and high ups are getting a fire lit under their asses..........

GOOD.

I think of Steinbeck and the Grapes of Wrath, accept instead of poor Okies, it's Mexican illegals that ignore American culture that are the protagonists . They work so much cheaper than poor Americans. They are willing to risk their lives to be exploited by yanks and that makes them a cut above.
And that is what makes California such a despicable place, those wankers exploit disparities in
the name of humanity, destroy demographics in the holy name of PROFIT (couched as liberal progressive diversity). California can go to hell.

Low tax loving conservatives now loving taxes being raised. Oh, the irony.

No

We just want blue state citizens to pay their fare share to the feds like the rest of us, it's not our fault they hire 100 grand a year dog catchers ...

Why shouldn't they??

-Geaux
California ALREADY sends in federal income taxes to the federal government, MORE than the state gets back when the federal gvt distributes/spends that money....

California has NEVER used a dime or gotten a dime of federal money that came from another State. People in other states Have NEVER funded California for anything....

AND NOW with this new tax measure, California is giving the federal govt and all the other states in the USA even MORE of their own money.

WHY is that so hard to understand???

Anyone that votes for a man once referred to as "Governor Moonbeam" just because he has a D by his name deserves what they get..... no sympathy....

With that kind of logic, then nobody should ever vote for trump again considering all the names he's being called.

Jerry Brown isn't happy about it. Why not? I thought liberals loved seeing everyone's money going to the federal government.

Trump's tax cut not for everyone: 1 million Californians will owe $12 billion more next year

They’re the Californians who will lose a collective $12 billion because the new law caps a deduction they have been able to take for paying their state and local taxes, according to a new analysis by the Franchise Tax Board.

Very wealthy Californians earning more than $1 million a year will pay the lion’s share of that money, with 43,000 of them paying a combined $9 billion.
We want the finest general government, our tax money can buy!

Why shouldn't they??

-Geaux
California ALREADY sends in federal income taxes to the federal government, MORE than the state gets back when the federal gvt distributes/spends that money....

California has NEVER used a dime or gotten a dime of federal money that came from another State. People in other states Have NEVER funded California for anything....

AND NOW with this new tax measure, California is giving the federal govt and all the other states in the USA even MORE of their own money.

WHY is that so hard to understand???

Yet these poor souls don't mind at all having corporations and the extremely wealthy in this country getting the lions' share of the long term benefits in the last tax bill, even though it's driving this country further in debt.

Let's face it the party formed by Genocide Jackson on the basis of the big lie is 194 years over due for Denazification.

I have talked to Californians. One that owned almond orchards, another that was Walgreens executive. My brother, that has since lost his house, my sister, that is wealthy and it doesn't effect her either way...None of them wanted sanctuary for illegal aliens. The gay rights thing, seemed to come out of nowhere. Well, My brother has gay daughter, and well, he's going to be a little biased. She's a good person, yes.
.But the rest never asked for gay rights or wanted sanctuary for illegal aliens, that was sort of a political unilateral thing. Somebody overstepped...

I have talked to Californians. One that owned almond orchards, another that was Walgreens executive. My brother, that has since lost his house, my sister, that is wealthy and it doesn't effect her either way...None of them wanted sanctuary for illegal aliens. The gay rights thing, seemed to come out of nowhere. Well, My brother has gay daughter, and well, he's going to be a little biased. She's a good person, yes.
.But the rest never asked for gay rights or wanted sanctuary for illegal aliens, that was sort of a political unilateral thing. Somebody overstepped...
the right wing Only cares about natural and individual rights, when it is specifically about guns.

Ahumn..
the right wing Only cares about natural and individual rights, when it is specifically about guns.
As far as California goes? My poor elitist older brother that was in Vietnam LOVES the whole liberal agenda thing. And he's a great guy. He's a lower middle class guy that is proud he voted for Obama. He thinks that absolves him of his sins, I don't know. He's living in his daughters basement because he was kicked out of his house by realtors and manipulators. My dear old sister is a wealthy republican, and is doing quite well. She voted for Trump. Me too..
You tell me what the moral of the story is...

Last edited:
What does that mean? I was never asked about gay rights or sanctuary for illegal aliens, they were sort of forced on us. We don't like that. I am good with repealing the 2nd amendment, though. As long as we make it DEMOCRATIC, unlike the previous two, which were just sort of forced on us...by god knows WHO, and under what constitutional laws. That seems anyone's guess. Money, PACS, lobbyists and deep pocked contributors seem to have more voice than WE the people...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back