Californians to pay more federal taxes next year

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Jerry Brown isn't happy about it. Why not? I thought liberals loved seeing everyone's money going to the federal government.

Trump's tax cut not for everyone: 1 million Californians will owe $12 billion more next year

They’re the Californians who will lose a collective $12 billion because the new law caps a deduction they have been able to take for paying their state and local taxes, according to a new analysis by the Franchise Tax Board.

Very wealthy Californians earning more than $1 million a year will pay the lion’s share of that money, with 43,000 of them paying a combined $9 billion.

so sad that red states are so poor that they need to over tax California, to bail them out... :rolleyes:

• Banned
so sad that red states are so poor that they need to over tax California, to bail them out... :rolleyes:

Why should Californians (or anyone else) get to claim a deduction on their federal taxes based on what they paid in state taxes?

Democrats must be delighted that California is starting to pay its fair share.

Red state citizens have been paying more Federal taxes than Californians to make up for the tax exemption that they used to receive. I had to pay more so that the guy 20 miles away could pay less. That sound fair to you?

They OVERPAY every single year since I was born, in to federal taxes.....

Talk about a president and political party USING the IRS to PUNISH their political opponents.....

You take the cake!

Hypocrites....Lois Lerner, lock her up!!!

They OVERPAY every single year since I was born, in to federal taxes.....

Talk about a president and political party USING the IRS to PUNISH their political opponents.....

You take the cake!

Hypocrites....Lois Lerner, lock her up!!!

You clearly haven't a clue about which you speak. Carry on.

Why should Californians (or anyone else) get to claim a deduction on their federal taxes based on what they paid in state taxes?
Why shouldn't they??

It's not equitable.
Sure it is.....they rwrite off their state property tax, just like you or I would.... carving out the deduction for just some states and not others is unfair...And a punishment put on the individuals in mostly blue states....it was intentional, to hurt them.... it was a political decision....not a fair and just one....

Wait, the wealthy are paying more and the progressives are bitching about it?

WTF?

upload_2018-4-18_8-32-13.png

Forum List

Back