Californians complaining that American flag on police cars is too "aggressive".

^^^^^^This. The town council, and police department should either have just ignored these few idiots, or issue a statement saying, "The police cars reflect our solidarity as Americans, and the principals in which we embrace. The cars will remain as is." That's it. No studies, no discussions. Worry about real problems of which I am sure there are MANY. Meanwhile, they are wasting valuable resources dealing with a few far left, mentally disturbed whackos who have nothing better to do but look for things to be "triggered", and offended.

He said he received about a dozen emails of concern from residents after the council approved the design and before it decided to rehear the issue. “Some of the words people used was that they felt it was threatening, intimidating, harassing and a symbol of racism,” Dicterow said. At a recent council meeting, local artist Carrie Woodburn said the design scheme on the squad cars looked “aggressive.”

==================================

I wish I knew how many on the Left are secretly thinking to themselves, "holy shit, this is getting truly insane", but not saying anything out of fear of annoying their tribe. Just the thought that someone would bring something like this up shows where we are now. Not long ago, this wouldn't have even come up.

The Regressives will downplay and pooh-pooh it, of course. They know they created this madness, and that it's politically advantageous in its division.

But yeah, this is getting truly insane.

Last edited:
He said he received about a dozen emails of concern from residents after the council approved the design and before it decided to rehear the issue. “Some of the words people used was that they felt it was threatening, intimidating, harassing and a symbol of racism,” Dicterow said. At a recent council meeting, local artist Carrie Woodburn said the design scheme on the squad cars looked “aggressive.”

I wish I knew how many on the Left are secretly thinking to themselves, "holy shit, this is getting truly insane", but not saying anything out of fear of annoying their tribe. Just the thought that someone would bring something like this up shows where we are now. Not long ago, this wouldn't have even come up.

The Regressives will downplay and pooh-pooh it, of course. They know they created this madness, and that it's politically advantageous in its division.

our flag is not a symbol of racism. this is the bullshit i knew would happen when you let liberals go nuts and remove the confed flag because of it's "history" as they see it. problem is, once they learn they get what they want by using that card, that card comes out A LOT until they're told NO then they scream RACISM and the like akin to a child throwing a tantrum.

not racism - get over it. something doesn't become something else because you need it to in order to be the SJW of the day.

our flag is not a symbol of racism. this is the bullshit i knew would happen when you let liberals go nuts and remove the confed flag because of it's "history" as they see it. problem is, once they learn they get what they want by using that card, that card comes out A LOT until they're told NO then they scream RACISM and the like akin to a child throwing a tantrum.

not racism - get over it. something doesn't become something else because you need it to in order to be the SJW of the day.
What concerns me as much as anything else is that it would even enter someone's mind.

That's an example of how this has been a slow process over time, and now, here we are.

What concerns me as much as anything else is that it would even enter someone's mind.

That's an example of how this has been a slow process over time, and now, here we are.
i knew at the time that if there was a cave in on the confederate flag it wouldn't matter they said time and again WE JUST WANT THIS ONE FLAG - once you validate they have the sole authority / power to determine what is and is not racism, they will go nuts with it. the time following that event has born that out ot be unfortunately true.

dukes of hazard, sony games that had "the south" in it, school names, streets, statues - suddenly every jackwhipe out there was taking it up a notch and saying "well if that is racist then this MUST be" and demanding the same banning treatment.

we've gotten to the point where the OK sign is now racist for no other reason than "they" said so. last week blizzard said the OK sign was not allowed in their gaming platforms. suddenly they found it littered on their facebook page in protest.

people just need to calm the hell down and stop looking for racism. what i've discovered in life is when someone wants to find something, they will. they will "feed that hungry dog" and because we do some hero type accolades on people who spot racism, everyone spots it now to be said hero.

we need to stop validating idiots.

i knew at the time that if there was a cave in on the confederate flag it wouldn't matter they said time and again WE JUST WANT THIS ONE FLAG - once you validate they have the sole authority / power to determine what is and is not racism, they will go nuts with it. the time following that event has born that out ot be unfortunately true.

dukes of hazard, sony games that had "the south" in it, school names, streets, statues - suddenly every jackwhipe out there was taking it up a notch and saying "well if that is racist then this MUST be" and demanding the same banning treatment.

we've gotten to the point where the OK sign is now racist for no other reason than "they" said so. last week blizzard said the OK sign was not allowed in their gaming platforms. suddenly they found it littered on their facebook page in protest.

people just need to calm the hell down and stop looking for racism. what i've discovered in life is when someone wants to find something, they will. they will "feed that hungry dog" and because we do some hero type accolades on people who spot racism, everyone spots it now to be said hero.

You have to admit, the strategy is brilliant: Isolate each step onto itself, where it's small and seemingly insignificant.

"Just this one little thing here, that's all - what, is that really too much to ask? Why are you so hateful?"

Then you get shamed and screamed down and it's the next piece to go.

Pretty smart.

A friend of mine saw this coming with the Confederate flag, and Confederate statues. He said, watch, the American flag will be next as will the Founding Fathers. The Left will use their standard Racism, Sexism, argument, and call the U.S. an exploitive, Colonial nation. That is exactly what is happening.

If the cop cars offend anyone, they can just choose to not look at them, but no they want to effectively BAN everything they don't like including the American flag. It is a control thing of the Left. They love to control others. It is fascism.

You have to admit, the strategy is brilliant: Isolate each step onto itself, where it's small and seemingly insignificant.

"Just this one little thing here, that's all - what, is that really too much to ask? Why are you so hateful?"

Pretty smart.
yep. and that's why i was so dead set against the removal of the flag. in the overall scheme of things it was meaningless alone. but i knew that would be "ground 0" so to speak and simply a launching point for whatever emotion drove them that day.

course when you say that it's taken as RACIST and you get railed for being such. had nothing to do with race but what we can and should allow as a mixed culture. letting 1 drive everything calling anyone who disagrees the most extreme name possible is hardly a way of pulling together. that is a key factor in what drives us apart.

A friend of mine saw this coming with the Confederate flag, and Confederate statues. He said, watch, the American flag will be next as will the Founding Fathers. The Left will use their standard Racism, Sexism, argument, and call the U.S. an exploitive, Colonial nation. That is exactly what is happening.

If the cop cars offend anyone, they can just choose to not look at them, but no they want to effectively BAN everything they don't like including the American flag. It is a control thing of the Left. They love to control others. It is fascism.
most saw it coming but the radical left screams at the "white supremacist" as the lone group rejecting their ideas and was quick to stereotype any resistance as racist.

trouble with that card is it gets overplayed and the value goes to 0. we're pretty close to their words being meaningless and more and more people simply give no credit to their constant whining.

The US flag is now a symbol of racism. In the US.

Pretty smart.

Creeping gradualism. This is the argument often used by the gun lobby, as well as in the abortion debate on both sides. Give em an inch....and it's absolutely true. There is no end. Ever. Just the next step.

In this case I have to wonder who these people "scattering" at the site of police cars were.

My guess is illegals, thinking this was an ICE raid or something.

This is more fodder for Trump. And the lefties wonder why people say they're doing it to themselves.

The state flag is fine. The national flag portrays the notion of federalized police. It also seeks to feed off of the hero worship thing the media has going on.

Last edited:

Pretty smart.

Creeping gradualism. This is the argument often used by the gun lobby, as well as in the abortion debate on both sides. Give em an inch....and it's absolutely true. There is no end. Ever. Just the next step.

In this case I have to wonder who these people "scattering" at the site of police cars were.

This is more fodder for Trump. And the lefties wonder why people say they're doing it to themselves.
i would think the flashing lights and overall police presence would make them scatter. i don't think they'd let all that slide and then see american flag colors on the word POLICE and *that* sends them scattering.

just more bullshit of the left finding shit that isn't there in order to feed their bullshit agenda.

I have no problems with wingnuts on either side but no matter what side you’re on honest debate and honest presentation of information should be paramount. Nobody should stand for perpetuating lies

Apparently the logic here is that one person describing the design as "aggressive", somehow magically transmogrifies into "Californians", a state of 39½ million people. One guy equals 39½ million. This edges out Grover Cleveland, who was only two people.
Exactly, and when questioned about it the OP runs for the hills. Pathetic. Mods... Move this crap thread to the crap section please and label the OPs account as certified idiot. Thanks
im having a convo now with someone who says to have a problem with it.

idiocy is real.
What’s their problem?
they have a problem with the flag colors on the police cars. you said no one really does and called BS on the idea and here i am getting it from some dorkwad who proclaims to have an issue. we went from not proper to the extra cost involved so the reasons for the anger change.

i also daresay it doesn't matter what it was, some people are just terminal assholes when it comes to things like this. the problem is we pay far too much attention to the few idiots out there so we can all point and go LOOK - I FOUND AN IDIOT in the same manner as they scream LOOK I FOUND A SOCIAL PROBLEM!!!

sometimes we just need to treat them as kids jumping into the pool for the 18th time in a row screaming LOOK MOMMY and just say "that's nice, honey" and move on. we really give far too much attention to the stupid encouraging more of said stupidity.

ie - when we go nuts over shit like this, it validates their "efforts" and they'll simply do it again for cheap attention. ignore the fools they'll go away.

Now this is what I call some fake ass news.

During a City Council meeting in mid-March, artist Carrie Woodburn expressed her displeasure of the graphic, saying she was "shocked to see the boldness of the design."

So the Republicans found one nut job in one community and now they are trying to make this a wedge issue to rally the dopes and fire up the idiotic base.

Republicans would love to get us Democrats to agree with Carrie that "It feels very aggressive."

Sorry, Carrie is on her own

"The council agreed in February to repaint its all-white squad cars in black and white with the image of Old Glory running through the word “police” on the doors.

But the graphic element of the paint job didn't scream “Laguna Beach” to everyone. Local designer Chris Prelitz was dining with his wife at the Montage hotel when he spotted several parents and small children scattering."

Some suspect the critics have a different motive.

"Attorney Jennifer Welsh Zeiter said at the last council meeting that she found the police cars “exceptional” and questioned the loyalty of anyone who objected to the American flag display.

They are so filled with hatred toward this ... office of the president of the United States and the current occupant of that office,” she said, “that they cannot see through their current biases to realize that a police vehicle with the American flag is the ultimate American expression."

Putting American flags on police cars sparks a backlash in Laguna Beach

Here is a picture of the terrifying vehicle that sends crowds of children and adults alike scattering and running for the hills.

la-1555172729-d4e8pe6d7y-snap-image

Another ridiculous, fake news thread from a rabid, Trumpbot.

The article mentions only a few people complaining about the flag. And several people just not liking the bright colors on the writing (not sure what difference it makes - but whatever).

Typical Trumpbot, Fake News bullshit. A few people out of millions say something - and Trumpbots tout it as - in essence - the 'left hates the American flag on police cars'.

Hey moron...it's only a few Californians. Your title makes it sound like a large minority/majority of Californians feel that way.

Thank goodness Trumpbots power will be gone when their Messiah almost certainly gets the boot in 2020.

Pretty smart.

i would think the flashing lights and overall police presence would make them scatter. i don't think they'd let all that slide and then see american flag colors on the word POLICE and *that* sends them scattering.

just more bullshit of the left finding shit that isn't there in order to feed their bullshit agenda.
In addition to feeding an agenda, this kind of thing increases their control. Every little victory makes it less likely that people will fight back on future issues.

As Fueri said, the Left doesn't see how deeply this kind of tactic angers people, and they refuse to see it's a large part of the reason Trump was elected.

Enough people decided they had enough, and they pushed back.

The whacky, twisted, filthy Liberal whore in Laguna Beach whom has taken issue with American pride and patriotism can be found here..Edgy G
I sent her an email to let her know she’s fucked in the head...Just sayin’

Pretty smart.

In addition to feeding an agenda, this kind of thing increases their control. Every little victory makes it less likely that people will fight back on future issues.

As Fueri said, the Left doesn't see how deeply this kind of tactic angers people, and they refuse to see it's a large part of the reason Trump was elected.

i disagree. with every "victory" they "piss off" the extremes on the other side who counter. the more they push their way, the more people that will fall into the "extreme" of the other side. they will lose steam as they keep pushing for things that don't fit the original rush and there *will come* a breaking point.

i don't think we're that far from it and electing trump was likely an answer to the control they were going for.

Pretty smart.

i disagree. with every "victory" they "piss off" the extremes on the other side who counter. the more they push their way, the more people that will fall into the "extreme" of the other side. they will lose steam as they keep pushing for things that don't fit the original rush and there *will come* a breaking point.

i don't think we're that far from it and electing trump was likely an answer to the control they were going for.
Could be. This has gone so far that it's difficult to imagine it being pushed very far back, but we'll see.

Pretty smart.

Could be. This has gone so far that it's difficult to imagine it being pushed very far back, but we'll see.
the pendulum eventually switches.

Forum List

Back