California to raise its gas tax, already the highest in the nation to 53.6-cents per gallon on July 1

They poor can't afford to leave. We're getting the entrepreneurs, retirees, and middle class since that's who's leaving the state.
Why would anyone have sympathy for those that can't afford California and choose to live in a dust bowl? Or as most Americans would say, a 'shit hole'.
Ask me. I live in what's considered the most desirable place on earth. Vancouver Island.

California lawmakers appear unlikely to pause the annual summer increase in the state's gasoline tax ahead of a May 1 deadline, Gov. Gavin Newsom’s office said on Monday.

Newsom, a Democrat, had previously expressed support for helping California motorists experiencing pain at the pump by waiting to implement a 5.6% tax hike scheduled to take effect on July 1. The tax is used to fund roads and other infrastructure projects; the state's Legislative Analyst's Office projected the tax will generate about $8.8 billion in revenue during the 2021-22 fiscal year.

But lawmakers will almost certainly fail to stop the gas tax increase from taking place because they would need to pass legislation by Sunday in order to do so – and have yet to introduce a bill on the matter.

California to raise its gas tax, already the highest in the nation

Dems are completely tone deaf......Meh, suck it up CA, it's what you voted for.

The price of a U-Haul out of that shit-hole state just went up....Again.

Good. Anything that hastens the decline of that shithole, and punishes the people who voted for Newsom, is a net positive for Real America.

Why would anyone have sympathy for those that can't afford California and choose to live in a dust bowl? Or as most Americans would say, a 'shit hole'.
Ask me. I live in what's considered the most desirable place on earth. Vancouver Island.
The dust bowl ended over 70 years ago so you really should try to find some new material.

It was a horrible extended drought that affected the center of the country during the late 20's to late thirties.

Irrigation, CRP and modern farm techniques such as no till planting have ensured it's not likely to ever happen again.

Good. Anything that hastens the decline of that shithole, and punishes the people who voted for Newsom, is a net positive for Real America.
If, "The big One" would just hit the problem would be solved.

Get rid of LA and SF and most of the problem takes care if itself.

There's actually a lot of good solid conservatives and republicans in the rest of the state.

1651100382325.png

In California, the average price for a gallon of 93 octane is over six bucks a gallon.

A friend of mine, who live in the Bay Area north of San Francisco, paid $6.89 a gallon.

It's sitting right around $4.19 for regular here in northeast Florida; maybe around $4.49 for 93 octane...

30-40 years ago California had the title....

You are dumber than a Turdeau mandate, duck. Even taking Canada's lower value money into account, your citizens in Montreal pay less in gas tax than people in CA. Montreal residents pay .69 CAD which translates to .55 USD--close, but less than CA. Canadian fuel is less than CA pays as well. A gallon (3.785L) of gas in Montreal costs $5.45 US.
Wrong. A gallon of gas is 4.54 liters.
Oh, and Montreal pays over 80 cents CAD for a US gallon.

Plus about 12 cents city tax? Let me know when you calm down a bit.

80c per gallon or per liter?

Gas price in Canada: 1 Gallon = USD 5.61

Gas price in the USA: 1 Litre = CAD 1.51

Average prices updated 7-Mar-2022

you said the same dam thing....
No learn to read or get glasses. Decimal points are important. I said the gas tax here was .274, just like the page I posted said.

According to the Gas Buddy site that you posted, Montreal pays 1.799 CAD per liter--that includes .69 CAD tax. There are 3.785 liters in a US gallon you stupid fucking duck. Convert gallons to liters If you multiply 1.799 by 3.785 the result is $6.81 CAD. The exchange rate today is .79 US to $1 CAD. $6.81 x .79 equals $5.39 US. Math must not be important in Canada or China or Russia or wherever else you went to school. STFU and run along, fucking idiot. I won't hold my breath waiting for your apology and admission that you are FUCKING WRONG.

Last edited:
No learn to read or get glasses. Decimal points are important. I said the gas tax here was .274, just like the page I posted said.
Sorry, my mistake. I thought you were talking about the price of a gallon and since the numbers are close to a gallon price in Dunlap, 2.76, I figured the .274 was a typo.

Forum List

Back