California Supreme Court: No Right to In-Person Cross-Examination of Accuser During Campus Sexual Assault Proceedings

Does a college degree gain a person a large financial advantage in life?
So any chick pissed off at her boyfriend can screw him over and cost him huge sums of money.
And he has no ability to fight it other than say my accuser - whom ever that is - is lying.

What I don't get about this whole thing is that when the chick went to complain to the dean about getting raped on campus- why didn't the dean just call in the local Special Victims Unit of the LAPD to handle the investigation and adjudication, instead of scheduling a fake, "student kangaroo trial" to expel the young man?

Even if, hell ESPECIALLY if, the young man is as guilty as sin, the last thing you would want to do is to send him home to prey on the broads in his own community. If the fellow gets sent back home to Youngstown Ohio and my mother and sister are living there, the school IMHO is responsible civilly for all the raping he does at home- as they had his ass nabbed and just expelled him

Way to stand up for sexual assaulters!

Title IX is designed to give women equal access across the spectrum of educational pursuits in state run institutions. Has nothing to do with sexual assault.

That's idiotic.

I don't get this whole "disciplinary process" for students accused of being rapists.

Shouldn't this kind of investigation been handled by the LAPD and the Los Angeles DA since it happened in their jurisdiction?

You really don't want to send a dangerous predator back home to their communities, if they are guilty do you? Wouldn't it be preferable for these kinds of serious fucking crimes be cleared by competent legal process instead of ivory tower academics where they expel you as they might for sassing a teacher or something?

And if they are guilty, they just don't "get sent home", they get sent to Folsom Prison.

Accusation equals guilt, trial is by lynch mob.

The Sixth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States explicitly affirms the right of the accused to confront his accuser.

This ruling is blatantly unconstitutional. Hopefully, the U.S. Supreme Court will get the chance to set this right.

Hopefully, with a nice nine-figure civil award to go with it.

False accusations are libel and slander-which should be felonies, punished with decade-long prison terms, gigantic fines, and probably public floggings.

Forum List

Back