California Senate Passes Law Preventing Retailers From Stopping Shoplifters

Democrats ruin everything they touch. - Dennis Prager
Democrats are evil, and promote evil.

Bill to Stop Employees Confronting Shoplifters Passed by California Senate

Lawmakers in California are hoping to push through controversial legislation that would ban retail staff from stopping thieves stealing from their stores.

Senate Bill 553, which was submitted by Senator Dave Cortese, has been passed by the State Senate and will now progress to policy committees in the State Assembly. Cortese hopes the proposed law will prevent workplace violence and protect staff from being forced by their employers to step-in during robberies. But some store bosses are furious about the plans, with the California Retailers Association mocking the move as an open invitation for thieves "to come in and steal."
I really don't know what goes on in their minds. I really don't. It's like trying to figure out what is going on in the mind of an Alzheimer's patient. Maybe the problem is there is nothing going on in their minds so trying to figure it out is nothing but a waste of time.

This is hardly news-worthy if you actually read what it says. I agree that it doesn't really do much.

Yet it's YOU GUYS who didn't read it and put it into the Breaking News section. You guys are just looking for something to get pissy about. This isn't it.
I did read it but I didn't have to... Like I said I know how democrats fake out their voter base... its with do nothing but sounds good legislation like this.... I wish they would stop falling for this kind of BS....
Its stuff like this that left me no other option but to leave California for good.... I miss the ocean but I've never been happier....

If you want to know how degraded the democrat voter has become just watch what kind of nonsense their elected officials dream up....

I did read it but I didn't have to... Like I said I know how democrats fake out their voter base... its with do nothing but sounds good legislation like this.... I wish they would stop falling for this kind of BS....
Like I said, YOU GUYS put this in the Breaking News section because you failed to read what it says. It sounds bad so you just guys jumped all over it.

Had you read the bill you would see that the bill seeks to stop a business from using non-security employees to stop shop lifters, the bill doesn't say that it should not be stopped but only with security personnel.
Fuck you idiotic leftfucks.

Anyone who steals from me is going to get hurt.

Law or no law.

But can they fire you for not doing so?
They can always fire you. They can fire you for a good reason, a bad reason or no reason at all as long as it's not an "unlawful" reason. Unlawful I believe would be in violation of public policy, in violation of an employment contract and/or a violation of one of the federal or state civil rights statutes prohibiting certain behaviors - discrimination, harassment, retaliation, based on protected class status or participating in protected activity (filing a complaint against your employer or participating in an investigation of said complain for one of the preceding violations). I'm sure there are more than just these.

So yeah, they can fire you for insubordination if "chasing down and apprehending shoplifters" was not in the job description for the position you applied for and subsequently were hired to do. And if they did fire you then you would have a pretty iron-clad case against your former employer.

To see how wicked this can be, remember when Wells Fargo got busted for making their employees open up accounts in their current customer's name without their knowledge or consent? The employees should have just refused to do so or reported them to an agency with oversight of the bank. At least one of the Well Fargo employees who did this got awarded a million dollars plus I believe as a whistleblower. And I think they excused her illicit behavior on top of everything else.

Democrats ruin everything they touch. - Dennis Prager
Democrats are evil, and promote evil.

Bill to Stop Employees Confronting Shoplifters Passed by California Senate

Lawmakers in California are hoping to push through controversial legislation that would ban retail staff from stopping thieves stealing from their stores.

Senate Bill 553, which was submitted by Senator Dave Cortese, has been passed by the State Senate and will now progress to policy committees in the State Assembly. Cortese hopes the proposed law will prevent workplace violence and protect staff from being forced by their employers to step-in during robberies. But some store bosses are furious about the plans, with the California Retailers Association mocking the move as an open invitation for thieves "to come in and steal."

What's wrong with this then?
You want employees to get themselves killed? I doubt many employees would actually stop someone committing crimes anyway.

Had you read the bill you would see that the bill seeks to stop a business from using non-security employees to stop shop lifters, the bill doesn't say that it should not be stopped but only with security personnel.
What's wrong with ANYBODY stopping shoplifters ?

I owned a business in California. There was a very anti-business climate. I moved to Florida. That was in 1978, and it's been getting worse ever since.

What's wrong with this then?
You want employees to get themselves killed? I doubt many employees would actually stop someone committing crimes anyway.

I want demonRats to put criminals in jail where they belong, thus leaving fewer of them on the street to be robbing stores.

Simple.

But you folks won't do simple.

Oh, wait. What was that? Not enough prisons, you say? Well, I wonder how many prisons could have been built with the billions that have gone through the money laundering machine and into the pockets of the Biden Crime Family.....................OOPS! I meant to Ukraine?

I want demonRats to put criminals in jail where they belong, thus leaving fewer of them on the street to be robbing stores.

Simple.

But you folks won't do simple.

Oh, wait. What was that? Not enough prisons, you say? Well, I wonder how many prisons could have been built with the billions that have gone through the money laundering machine and into the pockets of the Biden Crime Family.....................OOPS! I meant to Ukraine?
Or what about the $100 billion it costs taxpayers to support illegals in this country, each and every year? We could build and fund a new prison in every state with that money.

Forum List

Back