California: "Land of Poverty"

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
A truly sad story to a native-born Calfornian. The statement that caught my eye is:

Back in the years when the nation had a "California Dream," it would have been inconceivable for things to have gotten so bad --- particularly amidst what is widely hailed as a spectacular recovery. The 2013 data shows California to have the worst housing cost adjusted poverty rate among the 50 states and the District of Columbia. But it gets worse. California's poverty rate is now more than 50 percent higher than Mississippi, which long has set the standard for extreme poverty in the United States.

Read the rest of the sad story @ California: "Land of Poverty" | Newgeography.com

It's really shocking to see what that loony/commie government they and what they've done to that state. they are giving Illegal immigrant JOBS in some city councils, giving them Drivers License. voted to give them something like OScamCare and THE legal citizens there GETS TO PAY FOR IT ALL. and now they have to ration how long of showers they take.

it's horrible for that once thriving and beautiful state.

California believed that illegals were a more productive people than Americans. Get rid of Americans, import more brown skinned third worlders and all will be wonderful.

It's really shocking to see what that loony/commie government they and what they've done to that state. they are giving Illegal immigrant JOBS in some city councils, giving them Drivers License. voted to give them something like OScamCare and THE legal citizens there GETS TO PAY FOR IT ALL. and now they have to ration how long of showers they take.

and now they have to ration how long of showers they take.
first i have heard of that....its not were i am at....

that's good, I read it somewhere. aren't you all on rater rationing? where do you live dear if you don't mind telling. In the later 80's and 90's, I lived in Oceanside and worked at San Onofre nuclear power plant. and then moved up to Grass Valley/Nevada city Husband worked at Beal Air force base

A truly sad story to a native-born Calfornian. The statement that caught my eye is:

Back in the years when the nation had a "California Dream," it would have been inconceivable for things to have gotten so bad --- particularly amidst what is widely hailed as a spectacular recovery. The 2013 data shows California to have the worst housing cost adjusted poverty rate among the 50 states and the District of Columbia. But it gets worse. California's poverty rate is now more than 50 percent higher than Mississippi, which long has set the standard for extreme poverty in the United States.

Read the rest of the sad story @ California: "Land of Poverty" | Newgeography.com

California Pays Off $14 Billion in Costly Debt from 2004

Now they can concentrate on incentives to create jobs

that's good, I read it somewhere. aren't you all on rater rationing? where do you live dear if you don't mind telling. In the later 80's and 90's, I lived in Oceanside and worked at San Onofre nuclear power plant. and then moved up to Grass Valley/Nevada city Husband worked at Beal Air force base
orange county....they are just asking people to be water wise so far....so you live in a small town,whats that like?...its pretty rural up there isnt it?....

orange county....they are just asking people to be water wise so far....so you live in a small town,whats that like?...its pretty rural up there isnt it?....

I lived in a smaller town when we moved to Alaska. 350 people and the town had a school and a bar/Restaurant. I loved living in Grass Valley. BEAUTIFUL
From what I've been reading that Moonbeam Government is going all la la land. and giving Illegal immigrants all kinds of benefits. Anyway been gone from Cali since 1993 when we then moved to Alaska for hubbys job on a Early warning Radar. Lived there for 15 years. Now I'm in the Midwest.

More zoo noises from the right.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.....It's so sad about California.

It's all Obama's fault, too.

California bounces back as No. 7 economy in world
By Julia Horowitz, The Associated Press

POSTED: 06/10/15, 10:35 PM PDT
SACRAMENTO >> After taking a significant recession-era hit, California’s economy has bounced back up to the seventh largest in the world as the state’s gross domestic product reached $2.3 trillion in 2014, according to figures released Wednesday by the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis.
California bounces back as No. 7 economy in world

Oh, and BEFORE the Great Recession of 2008, California was No. 8.

Forum List

Back