CDZ California Farmers Backed Trump, but Now Fear Losing Field Workers

GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..................................... The assholes should be forced to hire AMERICAN CITIZENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILLEGALS ARE HERE ILLEGALLY, KICK THEIR ASSES OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.

People who hire, use, employ, or otherwise help ILLEGALS are breaking the law. Anyone caught hiring, housing, feeding, or otherwise helping or assisting ILLEGALS, should be put in prison for life without the possibility of parole. That would solve our problem with ILLEGALS. If businesses want to stay in business, let them hire American workers, or they can fold and close the doors. I'm sick and tire of anti-America business owners, that are too damn greedy and selfish to hire U.S. citizens. If they want to hire ILLEGALS, then they should move their businesses to the country where the ILLEGALS are originally from.

I'm sick and tire of anti-America business owners, that are too damn greedy and selfish to hire U.S. citizens

Wouldn't it be nice if those stoop crops could be picked by movie extras from L.A. or software engineers from Silicone Valley? I can understand hatred of Mexicans without papers but the reality of Mexican labor in the US goes back 150 years and is not an issue in places where it has been part of the local economy since time out of mind.

What has happened in the past generation or so is that a small number of Mexicans have started showing up in places where they were not seen before, often in places with very little history of immigrants of any kind. That is where the fear and the bigotry are coming from, not Anglos whose families have lived in the Southwest for generations. America's bigotry and racism have their roots in the Appalachian ridge.
You have a problem as California's policies for protecting the illegal class is not going to rule over the rest of the country at this point. Too many have personally seen or have experience and knowledge about the negative effects of illegal aliens.

People that have live in the border areas disagree with you and they have already documented and videoed what they have had to put up with.

You are calling those who are demanding lawful entrants only bigots because that is all you have to try to whine people into sympathizing with you.

America is a big place. The OP references the Central Valley, a very large agricultural area where 70% of the farm workers are undocumented. Have you ever asked yourself why this situation has existed for generations? Why are the citizens who live there not outraged and alarmed as you are? Is there a possibility that not all Americans share your perspective?
I was born and raised in California so I am fairly familiar with what happened there concerning illegals and the trash that followed. There are different kinds of illegal aliens. The ones that came for the harvest were fed by a program dear and near friend for years to help prevent them from starving to death when they got stuck in So. Ca. after the harvest or could not connect to get to the locations that needed workers. My friends were from Mexico originally and their youngest son hated the Chicano gangs that came in as they were destroying the neighborhoods with their trashy ways.

I moved my children out of California and into another state where farmers also used illegal aliens. In a short twenty years they also trashed the cities with gangs and crime in the cities. Those farmers also claimed they needed those illegal workers but the fact was they were getting paid on several fronts with tax payer funded programs to hire them. They simply lied and shuffled paperwork to enrich themselves with money intended to assist the disadvantaged. How do I know these things happened I drove truck during the harvest for a few years and my husband could not get a job with any of those farmers as he did not qualify in order for those farmers that abused the programs to get that extra cash. over thirty years later we are once again in another state which is heavily agriculture based and I see illegal activities not only in the farming industry concerning these illegal aliens but also in areas where young American workers should have a chance to make a living for themselves; from equipment operators and bridge contractors to housekeeping and restaurants jobs are being stolen from young people and from companies that would only hire legal workers and American citizens first. We also spent several years traveling across the country from the west to the east and south. A few of those years we sought employment in areas we thought we may like to stay in for the winters. Those jobs were also being given to illegal aliens.

Like I said previously the Dems had their chance to set forth a program to expedite work permits for migrant workers that work on the harvest. They failed to use their ability to do that. Instead they were too busy cramming all sorts of other bullshit onto the people.
I have had long-standing personal experience with federal programs for the legal hiring of foreign workers for agriculture. Our orchards have employed Jamaican apple pickers every fall for over twenty years. The Dept. of Agriculture has been running the operation far longer than that. To my south, tobacco growers in the Connecticut River valley have been using contract labor from Puerto Rico even longer. These programs run smoothly nation-wide. They require us to pay the "prevailing wage" as well as to provide housing, kitchen facilities and workman's comp. The fact that these programs have been used for so long is a good sign that the motive is not cheap labor -- those Jamaicans cost a lot more than high school kids -- but reliable seasonal help at harvest time when it is so critical. If you think you can get Americans to do this work, you have never talked to one of us who has actually tried.
You may personally be responsible but not all are and that is fact. Those who are corrupt do as much damage to you as they do to anyone else. It is the government's responsibility to wipe out those who are corrupting the system for those who are willing to follow the law. Pussy's out there that demand criminals cannot be sent into work camps screw us all as much as the employers who are unwilling to follow the rules. Also if people are unwilling to teach young people how to do things but yet will call them lazy if they do not know how to do whatever task is set before them helped in creating social issues that eventually come back to bite society in the ass.

I'm sick and tire of anti-America business owners, that are too damn greedy and selfish to hire U.S. citizens

Wouldn't it be nice if those stoop crops could be picked by movie extras from L.A. or software engineers from Silicone Valley? I can understand hatred of Mexicans without papers but the reality of Mexican labor in the US goes back 150 years and is not an issue in places where it has been part of the local economy since time out of mind.

What has happened in the past generation or so is that a small number of Mexicans have started showing up in places where they were not seen before, often in places with very little history of immigrants of any kind. That is where the fear and the bigotry are coming from, not Anglos whose families have lived in the Southwest for generations. America's bigotry and racism have their roots in the Appalachian ridge.
You have a problem as California's policies for protecting the illegal class is not going to rule over the rest of the country at this point. Too many have personally seen or have experience and knowledge about the negative effects of illegal aliens.

People that have live in the border areas disagree with you and they have already documented and videoed what they have had to put up with.

You are calling those who are demanding lawful entrants only bigots because that is all you have to try to whine people into sympathizing with you.

America is a big place. The OP references the Central Valley, a very large agricultural area where 70% of the farm workers are undocumented. Have you ever asked yourself why this situation has existed for generations? Why are the citizens who live there not outraged and alarmed as you are? Is there a possibility that not all Americans share your perspective?
I was born and raised in California so I am fairly familiar with what happened there concerning illegals and the trash that followed. There are different kinds of illegal aliens. The ones that came for the harvest were fed by a program dear and near friend for years to help prevent them from starving to death when they got stuck in So. Ca. after the harvest or could not connect to get to the locations that needed workers. My friends were from Mexico originally and their youngest son hated the Chicano gangs that came in as they were destroying the neighborhoods with their trashy ways.

I moved my children out of California and into another state where farmers also used illegal aliens. In a short twenty years they also trashed the cities with gangs and crime in the cities. Those farmers also claimed they needed those illegal workers but the fact was they were getting paid on several fronts with tax payer funded programs to hire them. They simply lied and shuffled paperwork to enrich themselves with money intended to assist the disadvantaged. How do I know these things happened I drove truck during the harvest for a few years and my husband could not get a job with any of those farmers as he did not qualify in order for those farmers that abused the programs to get that extra cash. over thirty years later we are once again in another state which is heavily agriculture based and I see illegal activities not only in the farming industry concerning these illegal aliens but also in areas where young American workers should have a chance to make a living for themselves; from equipment operators and bridge contractors to housekeeping and restaurants jobs are being stolen from young people and from companies that would only hire legal workers and American citizens first. We also spent several years traveling across the country from the west to the east and south. A few of those years we sought employment in areas we thought we may like to stay in for the winters. Those jobs were also being given to illegal aliens.

Like I said previously the Dems had their chance to set forth a program to expedite work permits for migrant workers that work on the harvest. They failed to use their ability to do that. Instead they were too busy cramming all sorts of other bullshit onto the people.
I have had long-standing personal experience with federal programs for the legal hiring of foreign workers for agriculture. Our orchards have employed Jamaican apple pickers every fall for over twenty years. The Dept. of Agriculture has been running the operation far longer than that. To my south, tobacco growers in the Connecticut River valley have been using contract labor from Puerto Rico even longer. These programs run smoothly nation-wide. They require us to pay the "prevailing wage" as well as to provide housing, kitchen facilities and workman's comp. The fact that these programs have been used for so long is a good sign that the motive is not cheap labor -- those Jamaicans cost a lot more than high school kids -- but reliable seasonal help at harvest time when it is so critical. If you think you can get Americans to do this work, you have never talked to one of us who has actually tried.
You may personally be responsible but not all are and that is fact. Those who are corrupt do as much damage to you as they do to anyone else. It is the government's responsibility to wipe out those who are corrupting the system for those who are willing to follow the law. Pussy's out there that demand criminals cannot be sent into work camps screw us all as much as the employers who are unwilling to follow the rules. Also if people are unwilling to teach young people how to do things but yet will call them lazy if they do not know how to do whatever task is set before them helped in creating social issues that eventually come back to bite society in the ass.
It is impossible to defend illegal immigration as a good thing. If the behavior is not a bad thing, then it should be legalized. Republican and Democratic administrations have looked the other way on Mexican farm labor since the days of Operation Wetback. The cries of outrage are not coming from areas where undocumented Mexican farm labor has been a fact of life for generations. Let's not throw the fruit pickers out with the gang bangers. Surely there must be a better way to handle the farm situation.

It is impossible to defend illegal immigration as a good thing. If the behavior is not a bad thing, then it should be legalized. Republican and Democratic administrations have looked the other way on Mexican farm labor since the days of Operation Wetback. The cries of outrage are not coming from areas where undocumented Mexican farm labor has been a fact of life for generations. Let's not throw the fruit pickers out with the gang bangers. Surely there must be a better way to handle the farm situation.
Illegal fruit pickers children grow up and ultimately choose which paths that they will go down. Sorry I feel adamant about sending ALL ILLEGALS back. In the mean time ask Congress to establish a program that can help decent farmers expedite bringing in workers for harvest. In that same note those farmers must be held fully responsible for their adopted immigrants while they are in the country.

The best way to handle it, is to run illegals out of this country, and make them enter the legal way. Problem solved. Make them abide by our laws. Make them LEGAL, and then there wont be any problems, nor discussions like this one.

We have LEGAL ways a person can enter this country, and we should make everyone respect our immigration laws, regardless of who they are, or where they come from. Also, regardless of the reason they're here in the first place.

Harvesting produce is NOT a legitimate reason for breaking our immigration laws. Especially when so many Americans are unemployed and living off of unemployment checks and government assistance programs. Use American labor, and put America back to work producing what America uses and consumes. Strengthen our economy with American labor. Let other countries employ and support their own citizens. Our first obligation is to American citizens. Put America first.

There is no disagreement that illegal entry should not be tolerated. Why it has been tolerated in places like the Central Valley is significant. Either a way is found to legalize the workers there, or their illegal presence continues to be tolerated, or the nation's largest farmland will collapse. Only the first option seems sensible but nothing is done and I have heard no proposals from the new administration to do anything. I hope they don't plan to try and round up the illegals there because the farmers will shoot them for trying.

GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..................................... The assholes should be forced to hire AMERICAN CITIZENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ILLEGALS ARE HERE ILLEGALLY, KICK THEIR ASSES OUT OF THIS COUNTRY.

People who hire, use, employ, or otherwise help ILLEGALS are breaking the law. Anyone caught hiring, housing, feeding, or otherwise helping or assisting ILLEGALS, should be put in prison for life without the possibility of parole. That would solve our problem with ILLEGALS. If businesses want to stay in business, let them hire American workers, or they can fold and close the doors. I'm sick and tire of anti-America business owners, that are too damn greedy and selfish to hire U.S. citizens. If they want to hire ILLEGALS, then they should move their businesses to the country where the ILLEGALS are originally from.

Where and how do these Jamaicans you have get into the country?

Are they people like in this documentary on youtube >Ross Kemp S3 E3 Jamaica ?

There is no disagreement that illegal entry should not be tolerated. Why it has been tolerated in places like the Central Valley is significant. Either a way is found to legalize the workers there, or their illegal presence continues to be tolerated, or the nation's largest farmland will collapse. Only the first option seems sensible but nothing is done and I have heard no proposals from the new administration to do anything. I hope they don't plan to try and round up the illegals there because the farmers will shoot them for trying.
200w.gif

Tell Nancy and her crew to suck an egg and ship them out if they are illegal. California can use their prison gang population to harvest crops. It may be a win win situation if handled properly with a strong hand, armed guards and chains for the prisoners. I would even venture to guess that some of them would be more content with a structured life and fresh air.

Tell Nancy and her crew to suck an egg and ship them out if they are illegal. California can use their prison gang population to harvest crops. It may be a win win situation if handled properly with a strong hand, armed guards and chains for the prisoners. I would even venture to guess that some of them would be more content with a structured life and fresh air.
Cheap prison labor is a Southern tradition. It has been made illegal in most states. Why jibe at Nancy? It is Ryan and McConnell that have done nothing. They lead the GOP majority. The fact is that big business Republicans are more in favor of illegal immigrant workers than Democrats are. Low wages is a Republican heuristic. Trump and his Dept. of Labor guy don't want to talk about it because of their working class supporters, but the places that depend on illegal workers are largely owned by Republicans. That's a fact.

Cheap prison labor is a Southern tradition. It has been made illegal in most states. Why jibe at Nancy? It is Ryan and McConnell that have done nothing. They lead the GOP majority. The fact is that big business Republicans are more in favor of illegal immigrant workers than Democrats are. Low wages is a Republican heuristic. Trump and his Dept. of Labor guy don't want to talk about it because of their working class supporters, but the places that depend on illegal workers are largely owned by Republicans. That's a fact.
If it is a fact start reporting them whoever they are.

Send those Mexican farm workers home California agribusiness will collapse. Food prices will go up and Mexican farmers will get rich.
Bullshit. There's plenty of Americans that want jobs.

Maybe. But that is not what I see in eastern Missouri.

Perhaps the jobs we offer aren't the best, but $30,000ish a year to start and $50,000 with experience should get people to show up.

I have an idea on unemployment reform but to not derail this I will start a new thread.

"Bullshit" is not a rebuttal. Pronouncing that "There's plenty of Americans that want jobs" is a truism so simplistic as to be self-defeating. There aren't plenty of Americans looking for agriculture jobs in California's Central Valley. That is the dispositive reality of the OP. Your response is ridiculous.

"Bullshit" is not a rebuttal. Pronouncing that "There's plenty of Americans that want jobs" is a truism so simplistic as to be self-defeating. There aren't plenty of Americans looking for agriculture jobs in California's Central Valley. That is the dispositive reality of the OP. Your response is ridiculous.

I agree with you.

Send those Mexican farm workers home California agribusiness will collapse. Food prices will go up and Mexican farmers will get rich.
Bullshit. There's plenty of Americans that want jobs.

Maybe. But that is not what I see in eastern Missouri.

Perhaps the jobs we offer aren't the best, but $30,000ish a year to start and $50,000 with experience should get people to show up.
They'll show up for the right price.

So it ^^^ would seem to one of your limited intellectual capacity and lack of factual information. Like your orange messiah, you think you can just assert your "alternative facts" and conduct a credible discussion with educated grownups. Your posts are laughable in a way you cannot understand.

Forum List

Back