Cairo in Madison, Wisconson

those are already there

That's going to be a hard sell seeing as how the protesters consist of local people, including teachers, parents, students, and fire fighters.

I think that the Governor is going to end up backing down.
you sure about that?
and whose to say the people going on the other side are NOT WI residents
i hope the governor holds his course, and, the voters get those yellow tails out of the senate...

That's going to be a hard sell seeing as how the protesters consist of local people, including teachers, parents, students, and fire fighters.

you sure about that?
i hope the governor holds his course, and, the voters get those yellow tails out of the senate...

more likely,walker and his GOP cronies,Koch brother lackeys get recalled ASAP

you sure about that?

Speaking of recalls...

WisPolitics Budget Blog: Groups exploring recalls of Holperin, Wirch

Two of the Dem state senators who have apparently left the state to prevent a vote on Gov. Walker's budget repair bill could be the subject of recall efforts, according to statements issued Friday.

Daniel Hunt of Kenosha announced that a group to recall Sen. Robert Wirch of Pleasant Prairie would file papers with the Government Accountability Board next week.

“We need to inform Robert Wirch that his hiding in Illinois is unacceptable to the voters in his district, and that we are taking the first steps to remove him from office," Hunt said in a statement.

Meanwhile, an Eagle River-based group said it expected to file with the GAB by the close of business today. The group's statement alleges Holperin "has failed to carry out his official duties in the state Senate," and committee leader Kim Simac said activists would evaluate the recall effort over the weekend.

Both groups touted the abilities of local Tea Party groups to "mobilize thousands of people quickly and effectively."

:clap2::clap2:

Speaking of recalls...

Two of the Dem state senators who have apparently left the state to prevent a vote on Gov. Walker's budget repair bill could be the subject of recall efforts, according to statements issued Friday.

Daniel Hunt of Kenosha announced that a group to recall Sen. Robert Wirch of Pleasant Prairie would file papers with the Government Accountability Board next week.

“We need to inform Robert Wirch that his hiding in Illinois is unacceptable to the voters in his district, and that we are taking the first steps to remove him from office," Hunt said in a statement.

Meanwhile, an Eagle River-based group said it expected to file with the GAB by the close of business today. The group's statement alleges Holperin "has failed to carry out his official duties in the state Senate," and committee leader Kim Simac said activists would evaluate the recall effort over the weekend.

Both groups touted the abilities of local Tea Party groups to "mobilize thousands of people quickly and effectively."

ROFLMAO

good find

Via CNN: Union activist thanks the out of State folks who have joined them in Madison WI.

Also of note: Develops a strange and sudden case of hearing loss when she is called out on her hypocrisy over demanding that the Gov should "come to the table" when the Democrat Senators will not even come back to the State of Wisconsin (very funny). I hope she got her hearing back asap.

:lol:

On edit:

Forgot the hat tip to HA...

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/02/...-demands-walker-come-to-the-table-on-cnn-but/

Last edited by a moderator:

Via CNN: Union activist thanks the out of State folks who have joined them in Madison WI.

Also of note: Develops a strange and sudden case of hearing loss when she is called out on her hypocrisy over demanding that the Gov should "come to the table" when the Democrat Senators will not even come back to the State of Wisconsin (very funny). I hope she got her hearing back asap.

:lol:

On edit:

Forgot the hat tip to HA...

Video: Union activist demands Walker “come to the table” on CNN, but … « Hot Air

damn you, another liberal fallacy destroyed

Last edited by a moderator:

Speaking of recalls...

ROFLMAO

good find

Daily Kos: Organizing recall in Wisconsin

the you will find this really funny.

All week long I've been closely following the situation in Madison as I sat on my couch sneezing and coughing. Others have covered the issue itself. I'm going to cover what we can actually DO about it.

Wisconsin law says that you can recall any government official that has been serving their current term for one year. This means that Walker and most of the state congress are off-limits until January 2012. While the "Recall Walker" movement has gained traction - it is neutered for the better part of the next year.

However, since only half of the state senate is elected every two years, 16 state senators, including eight republicans, are eligible for recall RIGHT NOW.

In order to cause a recall election, a person or group has to register with the appropriate filing official, then they have 60 days to gather signatures from within that district totaling 25% of the votes cast in the past election for that office.

Here are the senators with their district numbers, city of residence, and total votes needed to cause a recall election:

District 2 - Robert Cowles (Green Bay) - needs 15,800 signatures
8 - Alberta Darling (River Hills) - needs 20,300 signatures
10 - Sheila Harsdorf (River Hills) - needs 15,500 signatures
14 - Luther Olsen (Ripon) - needs 14,500 signatures
18 - Randy Hopper (Fond du Lac) - needs 15,268 signatures
20 - Glenn Grothman (West Bend) - needs 20,000 signatures
28 - Mary Lazich (New Berlin) - needs 20,900 signatures
32 - Dan Kapanke (La Crosse) - needs 15,400 signatures
(EDIT - signature numbers corrected to reflect approximate 2010 gubernatorial election numbers. Thanks ajwagner!)

Recalls elections could be held in four months or less. Flipping just three of these eight seats would flip the senate back into Democratic hands, and three of these senators won their last election with 51% or less of the vote.

Even if the recall effort itself fails, it will put pressure on these Republican state senators, and possibly cause them to change their minds about this awful bill instead of losing their jobs.

In order to help organize this cause, I have started a Facebook group to guide those who live in these districts, share strategies, and link to individual recall efforts. There are already recall efforts underway for Alberta Darling and Randy Hopper.

Since I can't get to Madison (still recovering), I thought this would be the next best thing. Please support the recall efforts!

Finally, yes this is my first diary. Hi.

Walker's budget plan would strip the collective bargaining rights of public employees and force them to pay more for benefits, in an effort to cut Wisconsin's budget deficit of $137 million. He threatened to call the national guard to fill the duties of state workers if they were to protest or walk out.

Fascist.

What's the first thing Hitler went after?

Unions.

The fascism is from the left, the first thing Hitler did was corrupt the election process. Then dismantled altogether. Then he started purging.

The rollback of salaries, pensions, health care are inevitable because they are unsustainable. There will either be cutbacks or thousands are going to be out of jobs.

See also Lenin and Stalin...

gee, a recall on senators DOING their job vs one on the ones NOT WORKING
i wonder how that would turn out

Daily Kos: Organizing recall in Wisconsin

the you will find this really funny.

All week long I've been closely following the situation in Madison as I sat on my couch sneezing and coughing. Others have covered the issue itself. I'm going to cover what we can actually DO about it.

... yadda yadda yadda

I do find that funny.

Your response to my link about two different organized groups, targeting two specific Dem politicians (who can expect Wisconsin Tea Party support) ready to put in motion a move for a recall... is what?

A Daily-Kook link to a couch potato who is aware that such laws exist, which Republicans might be targeted soonest, and has taken the bold step of starting a Facebook page.

Wow.

How spot on is the governor of New Jesrsey??? The guy nails it yesterday.........the bottom line.

"See, one of things that the public-sector unions don't understand about my approach in New Jersey is that they think I'm attacking them. I'm attacking the leadership of the union. Because they're greedy and they're selfish and self-interested. The members of that union are being ill-served by the leadership of that union. And so what I say, what I'm doing, is to save your pension, to save your health care for the rest of your life, and yeah, you're going to have to take a little less. That's the way it goes, we're in difficult times and there were promises made that couldn't be kept. . . .

[In my state] we spend $17,620 per pupil per year, the highest in America, $24,000 per pupil in city of Newark, $28,000 in Asbury Park, and we have 104,000 students trapped in 200 failing schools across N.J. and the education establishment says, "Don't worry, help is on the way" And the help that's on the way is more money, more money. Well, more money is not going to solve this problem until we take on the issues that [are] really causing the problem, and until we as Americans are willing to do that final tough thing, which is to look the teacher's unions across America in the eye and say to them 'You do not represent the best the teachers have to offer, you often represent the worst.' And it's time for us to honestly say that we can separate the teachers from the union. We have great teachers in New Jersey, working hard and making a huge difference in the lives of many children, but we don't have enough of them. And one of the reasons why we don't have enough of them is because the bad teachers who remain with lifetime tenure are crowding out opportunity for the good ones, and then when you have reductions, the last ones in are the first ones out, because all that matters is seniority, and not talent. And so we send a new generation of teachers, good, enthusiastic teachers away because we have built a system, as Michelle Rhee put better than I could, that cares more about the feelings of adults than it cares about the future of our children. I will not take responsibility for that approach. I will not take responsibility for leaving a generation of children behind in America. I won't do it. And we need to speak out and say it's time to fix that system."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/right-turn/2011/02/a_decisive_moment_public_emplo.html

This is the guy who should be checking into the White House in January of 2013........think abou it........how nice it would be to not get smoke blown up your ass all the time.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Teahadis are amassing troops and heading to Madison as I post. Let's ROCK!!!

YEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you mean that "outside agitators" are heading to Madison?
As though the Tea Party just skipped Wisconsin altogether......
Please..
Genius, Wisconsin is not the only state contemplating taking a shot at public worker unions.
Ohio and Tennessee are doing the same. Pennsylvania, while not attempting to legislate away collective bargaining rights, is going to rein in the powerful public worker unions.
It's time to level the playing field. To create a balance of interests. Those of public workers and the taxpayers that foot the bills.
The left and the unionists view the right to bargain and to essentially force the taxpayers to accept conditions on union terms exclusively as sacrosanct. No more.
The unions and the workers must be made to realize there is no more patience for this and no more money to pay for the benefits and pensions.
Like it or not, this is spreading. Rapidly.
I made this prediction right after Obama bailed out GM and Chrysler as a means to pay back the UAW for their support. I predicted an anti- union backlash. Well, here it is and it's not going to stop.

Don't you mean that "outside agitators" are heading to Madison?
those are already there

HA! No way. The democrats ran off to Rockford because they know this is not going away.
They are going to have to return and when they do, the vote goes onward and the new law is passed. Done.
The taxpayers of Wisconsin changed the people running the government. They did this because they wanted an end to the status quo.

those are already there

HA! No way. The democrats ran off to Rockford because they know this is not going away.
They are going to have to return and when they do, the vote goes onward and the new law is passed. Done.
The taxpayers of Wisconsin changed the people running the government. They did this because they wanted an end to the status quo.

And the Governor ran on what he is doing now. The Statists that ran from their jobs are acting like petulant children.

wow, you suck at this .....

You don't think that the British thought that Washington was a coward for not facing them in battle?

How many republicans ran away from the vote on Obamacare?....:eusa_whistle:

Different set of circumstances. Given a similar set of circumstances politically, republicans would have had the political saavy to do the exact same thing. Do you really believe there is some vast moral difference between republicans and democrats? That somehow republicans are courageous warriors and democrats are cowards?

The trouble is that right wing conservatives listen to FOX news and right wing talk radio thus causing them to confuse rhetoric for reason. Does anyone actually believe that a characters like Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin have anything to offer this country? They simply feed on some conservative people's unwillingness to think, while enriching their own bank accounts.

Forum List

Back