Cain to accuse Perry campaign of feeding the harassment story to the press

Perry couldn't blow his nose without a shot of whiskey much less win the nomination. I can't imagine ANYONE voting in the primary for Perry.. something has to be seriously wrong with an individual to vote for that idiot.

If this story is true and Perry somehow wins the nomination I will not vote in the general. If its true.

With all due respect, I disagree.

If this is true, Perry has to be destroyed. And there are a number of ways to do that. He's got a past too. And so do others who are all in on this smear.

On the bright side Politico is reporting that "Iowa yawns at Herman Cain flap".

Iowa yawns at Herman Cain flap - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

I think the people who are reacting the wildest to the smear are liberals. And that's because the White House, Axelrod and liberals want Romney to get the nod.

If Iowa is any indication, I think the majority of conservatives will see this for what it is.
A political smear campaign about bullshit that happened 20 years ago.

I think you misunderstood me. If Perry wins the nomination and he is responsible for this story I will not vote for him. Stooping to his level is no better than what he did if this is true. I expect adult level civility among our contenders be them left or right. This is highschool level mentality and I will not support it. And keep in mind I withdrew my support of Cain a couple weeks ago. But my decision was based on his positions and words not some ridiculous smear campaign.

I expect every conservative candidate to have followed Reagan's cardinal rule that you don't eat your own.

I have not a problem with destroying Perry in a fair and honest manner making sure that as much information as possible about all his past positions get on to every board available to me. I don't play nice in the sandbox but I do play honestly and not with smears.

If he has stooped this low to try to move up in the polls, he does not deserve the nomination. And he should be forever shunned.

I find this whole situation appalling.

With all due respect, I disagree.

If this is true, Perry has to be destroyed. And there are a number of ways to do that. He's got a past too. And so do others who are all in on this smear.

On the bright side Politico is reporting that "Iowa yawns at Herman Cain flap".

Iowa yawns at Herman Cain flap - Reid J. Epstein - POLITICO.com

I think the people who are reacting the wildest to the smear are liberals. And that's because the White House, Axelrod and liberals want Romney to get the nod.

If Iowa is any indication, I think the majority of conservatives will see this for what it is.
A political smear campaign about bullshit that happened 20 years ago.

I think you misunderstood me. If Perry wins the nomination and he is responsible for this story I will not vote for him. Stooping to his level is no better than what he did if this is true. I expect adult level civility among our contenders be them left or right. This is highschool level mentality and I will not support it. And keep in mind I withdrew my support of Cain a couple weeks ago. But my decision was based on his positions and words not some ridiculous smear campaign.

I expect every conservative candidate to have followed Reagan's cardinal rule that you don't eat your own.

I have not a problem with destroying Perry in a fair and honest manner making sure that as much information as possible about all his past positions get on to every board available to me. I don't play nice in the sandbox but I do play honestly and not with smears.

If he has stooped this low to try to move up in the polls, he does not deserve the nomination. And he should be forever shunned.

or you could thank perry's people for letting you know the facts.

or you could thank perry's people for letting you know the facts.

Or you could stop being a hack on the subject.

Accusations=/=guilt.

Remember the lacross team accused falsely of rape?

No, Perry isn't the one behind it. He'd lose too much if it was found out that he leaked it.

However............there IS one person with a lot to gain, and that person would be Karl Rove (whose super PAC supports Perry).

Think about it..........no tracers back to Perry, and Karl Rove is out of the limelight anyway, so a scandal like this being thrown at him isn't gonna do much damage.

Add to that the fact that the Koch Brothers (supporting Cain) and Karl Rove (supporting Perry) had a falling out about who to support this election, and the math pretty much adds itself.

Story will break tonight at 5pm central on Special Report on Fox news. Cains campaign mgr will be on to make the charges.

Things are about to get really ugly. Cain better be right or he will make this storm 10 times worse on himself.

Show is on in 15 minutes for the time zone impaired.

You think the RWers on USMB and the blogosphere in general will apologize to the left for blaming it on them?

You really have a problem with jumping to conclusions.

And Cains' campaign manager needs to be fired for making this accusation on Fox without proof.

It could have been anyone. Cain says one of his people left and went over to Perry, then the story came out.

Somebody could have overheard about the story and not work for Perry.

This doesn't fit because Politico said they've been investigating the story for several weeks.

So that means Cains' dipshit manager fucked up.

I expected some piling on.

I figured they'd roll out first two accusations, then a couple days later another woman.

All of the women are unknown and in hiding.....and of course women who's names won't be made public unless Cain asks them to come forward and the agreement be withdrawn.

Of course the fact that any of these women named Herman Cain in the first place is a breach of the agreement.....but the media doesn't want to focus on that little fact.

Last edited:
Story will break tonight at 5pm central on Special Report on Fox news. Cains campaign mgr will be on to make the charges.

Things are about to get really ugly. Cain better be right or he will make this storm 10 times worse on himself.

You think the RWers on USMB and the blogosphere in general will apologize to the left for blaming it on them?

You really have a problem with jumping to conclusions.

And Cains' campaign manager needs to be fired for making this accusation on Fox without proof.

It could have been anyone. Cain says one of his people left and went over to Perry, then the story came out.

Somebody could have overheard about the story and not work for Perry.

This doesn't fit because Politico said they've been investigating the story for several weeks.

So that means Cains' dipshit manager fucked up.
Cain Says Perry Camp Behind Sex Harassment Leak - Forbes

Aside from knowing about the alleged sexual harassment accusations, Cain campaign officials point to the timing of Anderson’s hiring by Perry as evidence of his involvement. The campaign announced Anderson’s role on October 24, just a week before Politico broke the story.
Does he regret telling Anderson about it? “I don’t regret it at all,” Cain says. “The guy who was supposed to help with strategy should know everything. I put it on the table right from the get go. I wasn’t trying to hide it.”
Perhaps Cain should have known better. Throughout his career, Anderson, a well-known consultant in Washington, has worked for a slew of campaigns, including Gov. Mitt Romney in 2008. He also contributes to Politico a few times per year. In an August 2011 column, he chided conservatives and “Republican elites” for what he called “Perryphobia.” And he wasn’t officially working for the Perry campaign yet.
Of course, Washington being Washington, there are other links between the Perry campaign and Cain’s failed Senate bid. The pollster for the Cain U.S. Senate campaign was Tony Fabrizo, who now also works for Gov. Perry.

Oh.....btw.....Obama won an election or two this way before.

The footprints on other people's backs during Obama's political career are many.

Barack Obama
Political Timeline

From Kathy Gill, former About.com Guide
Filed In:

When Barack Obama decided he wanted to run for the Illinois Senate in 1996, he ensured his candidacy by successfully challenging the nomination petitions of his four competitors.

Obama's entry into federal politics was also marked by competitors falling by the wayside. He won both the 2004 primary and general election for the US Senate "after tough challengers imploded when their messy divorce files were unsealed," the Chicago Tribune​ writes.

The NYT reports that "the Tribune reporter ... acknowledged in print that the Obama camp had 'worked aggressively behind the scenes' to push the story. But there are those in Chicago who believe that [David] Axelrod had an even more significant role - that he leaked the initial story."

Then on 25 June 2004, Obama's Republican opponent, Jack Ryan, withdrew due to yet-another a sex scandal.

This article provides a detailed (and in-work) timeline of Obama's political career through 2007.

1988 - Obama is a summer associate at the Chicago law firm Sidley & Austin

1992 - Obama graduates from Harvard and returns to Chicago

1992, Oct - Obama marries fellow attorney Michelle Robinson

1995, Jul - Obama, at 34, publishes his first memoir, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance"

1995, Aug - Obama files paperwork to run for Palmer's Illinois Senate seat

1996, Jan - Obama has his four competitor petitions invalidated; he emerges as the only candidate

1996, Nov - Obama is elected to Illinois Senate, which is controlled by Republicans

1999 - Obama begins running for Congress

2000 - Obama loses his challenge for Congressional seat held by Rep. Bobby Rush

2001 - Obama receives legal services contract with Illinois firm owned by Robert Blackwell, Jr. A few months later, Obama writes a letter on Illinois Senate letterhead in support of a tourism grant for a different Blackwell company. The next day, "Obama's U.S. Senate campaign received a $1,000 donation from Blackwell... In the presidential race he is credited on Obama's website with committing to raise $100,000 to $200,000 for Obama's campaign."

Obama reported $98,158 income for providing legal services; $80,000 was from Blackwell's firm."Illinois ethics disclosure forms are designed to reveal possible financial conflicts by lawmakers... Obama did not specify that EKI provided him with the bulk of the private-sector compensation he received... he attached a multi-page list of all the law firm's clients, which included EKI among hundreds."

2002, Nov - Democrats usurp Republican control of the Illinois Senate

2003-2004 - Obama amasses his legislative record, serves as chair of the Health and Human Services Committee

2003 - Obama begins running for US Senate; the leading Democratic candidate will withdraw in 2004 due to a sex scandal that Obama's campaign urged the Chicago Tribune to report.

2003 - David Axelrod [begins having] camera crews virtually everything Obama has done in public." He uses this footage to create a five-minute Internet video for the 16 Jan. 2007 announcement that Obama is running for president.

2004, Mar - Obama wins the primary with 52% of the vote

2004, Jun - Obama's Republican opponent withdraws due to sex scandal

2004, Aug - Democratic National Convention address

2004, Nov - Obama is elected to US Senate with 70% of the vote

2005, Jan - Obama files paperwork for his leadership PAC, The Hope Fund (PAC website no longer active)

2005 - Obama purchases land from neighbor and now-indicted political fundraiser Antoin "Tony" Rezko

2005 - "Shortly after his election to the U.S. Senate, he delivered a well-received address arguing faith should have a greater role in public discourse."

2006 - Obama publishes the book, <em>The Audacity of Hope&#8203;</em>

2006, Oct 22 - Obama announces he is considering a run for the Presidency.
2007, Jan - Obama begins running for US President

2007, Mar - Obama endorses controversial Chicago alderman Dorothy "The Hat" Tillman, who reportedly "[deployed] city resources to hire her family and reward campaign contributors."

2007, Apr - Controversy over Obama's MySpace page

2007, May - Obama's campaign releases its sophisticated Facebook application, only hours "after the company launched the developer platform." TechPresident argues that Facebook gave the Obama camp an advantage: "the other campaigns found out about Platform’s with the rest of us, on Friday, May 25" and reports that "Chris Hughes, a co-founder of Facebook, is working on the Obama campaign."
2007, September - Presented a plan for "full withdrawal" of American troops in Iraq.

2007, December - Campaigns with Oprah Winfrey in Iowa and South Carolina.

Links
Barack Obama : Political Career Timeline

Illinois Senate elections of Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Obama backer revives Clinton sex scandals - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Again, Perry didn't make Cain fumble his response or change his story several times a day.

He knew 10 days ago this was going to hit the fan. He had 10 days to get his story straight. He didn't.

No, Perry isn't the one behind it. He'd lose too much if it was found out that he leaked it.

However............there IS one person with a lot to gain, and that person would be Karl Rove (whose super PAC supports Perry).

Think about it..........no tracers back to Perry, and Karl Rove is out of the limelight anyway, so a scandal like this being thrown at him isn't gonna do much damage.

Add to that the fact that the Koch Brothers (supporting Cain) and Karl Rove (supporting Perry) had a falling out about who to support this election, and the math pretty much adds itself.

The GOP food fight is going to be fine entertainment. Note to self: Buy more popcorn!

Again, Perry didn't make Cain fumble his response or change his story several times a day.

He knew 10 days ago this was going to hit the fan. He had 10 days to get his story straight. He didn't.
Exactly! Some stories are beyond the best spin doctors, and this is obviously one of them. The only thing saving him with the gullible is the gag order on the victims.

Exactly! Some stories are beyond the best spin doctors, and this is obviously one of them. The only thing saving him with the gullible is the gag order on the victims.

I think it's what's screwing him.

I think the details will be less thrilling then the speculation.

Still.....Obama has quite a history of this against his opposition. Sarah Palin got the microscope up her bung-hole and so did Joe the Plumber.

I expected this.

Barack Obama : Political Career Timeline

Forum List

Back