Cain Proposes Electrified Border Fence

here's a proposal, why not just make the 2000 mile border a shooting range, Free! just bring your guns and shoot them for fun&practice across the border. then lets see how many mexicans try to cross.

Ryan J. Reilly-October 18, 2011

First it was a joke. Then people thought it wasn’t a joke. Then Herman Cain said it was a joke. And on Monday, Cain said his proposal for a 20-foot electrified border fence might not be a joke after all.

Cain was in Arizona on Monday night to meet with controversial Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who is under federal investigation by the Justice Department for potential civil rights abuses.

So of course Cain was asked about his joke/proposal for a border fence that has signs which say “it can kill you” in English and Spanish. James King reports for the Phoenix New Times:

More: Herman Cain On Electrified Fence On Border: I Was Joking, But It’s A Serious Plan | Election 2012

here's a proposal, why not just make the 2000 mile border a shooting range, Free! just bring your guns and shoot them for fun&practice across the border. then lets see how many mexicans try to cross.

I know your joking but seriously? Many women and children cross that border daily.

If I were them I would cross it too. Wouldn't you? Or would you wait the equilivency of your child's entire life to escape that poverty and give them a chance?

Be real

I know your joking but seriously? Many women and children cross that border daily.

If I were them I would cross it too. Wouldn't you? Or would you wait the equilivency of your child's entire life to escape that poverty and give them a chance?

Be real

I'd seriously work with the Mexican government/military with ours to beat the drug cartels. Stabilize mexico, which really is our back yard and hopefully improve there lifes in their country. Hopefully, once that is done...They won't have to come here.

We need to end this war and make damn sure that these thugs don't take over mexico.

Last edited:
well lets add the idea i had about digging out that river and inhabit it with about 12 man eating animals (i can arrange delivering 30,000 alligaters from naples),,,and shooting range here and there.

The Mexican drug cartels are capitalists: The laws of supply and demand. U.S. demands drugs; cartels provide them. Cut off demand - problem solved.

Be real

of course I'm being sarcastic ! I'ts always been my dream to write for some late night parody,,,i dont give up,,,for now I just make my you-tube vids!

and if anyone out there wants to see a sample of my political humor,u can go to you-tube,,or right to the web,,my latest set of vids is me in a fat suit/mask making fun of Ed Schultz,,,,the best one of the 6 vids is called "White People Are So Damn Stupid-Fat Ed Show",,,i have a few duplicates out there. In that particular vid, I am doing Ed to a tee!!!

I'll look sometime. I love satire. Loved it when Rush was on southpark, or was it family guy? I can't remember but rush was a good sport and it was funny.

I'll look sometime. I love satire. Loved it when Rush was on southpark, or was it family guy? I can't remember but rush was a good sport and it was funny.

My next series of vids is gonna be the most original ever. I hope to have them ready in 4 weeks,,,,i wont say what it will be,,,but will mention that a vibrator is the star of all the vids!:lol:

Hey Jillian...

Get a sense of humor...

And yes, electric fences dont kill but if you read your posts earlier in the thread YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT....and you impolied that Cain was an idiot for not knowing that electric fences DO kill people.

Pathetic.

you go into meltdown and *I* should get a sense of humor?

:rofl:

meltdown?
Really.

Funny...I telll you like it is and you dont like it so now you must accuse me of having a meltdown.

Advice....take a look at your posts. You are rude and ciritical of anyone who doesnt think as you do. It iswell.....in my opinion, not the way one should debate.

But I had a meltdown because you called a man who has an excellent educational background; rose through the ranks in business; has proven to be eloquent and intelligent when he speaks....braindead?

And my saying you can not substantiate it and it is an example of your lack of security in yourself is deemed as ME having a meltodwn?

I guess you just cant help yourself.

Whatever works for you Jillian. As I said...you disgust me.....and its sad...becuase as you know, I have shown you nothing but respect on this site...as I do many that dont think like I do....but when they start to resort to calling people braindead who are far from that...but called that becuae you disagree with them?

Well...thats when I lose all respect for you.

Just as I dont communicate with those that call Obama a Marxist and a Kenyan.
You're a troll. Anytime anyone criticizes an idiot you trot out the same tired accusations.

Everyone that doesn't agree with you disgusts you.

Poor baby.

Be real

Why would you think he's joking? Haven't you read any of his posts? He's a degenerate.

OK, how about this idea? line the usa/mexican border with 200 watt speakers, and play B&C grade country music 24/7. loud enough so that the mexicans will hear it in a one mile radius. will they run back?

Lauro Garza, 49, has been a Republican as long as he remembers, proudly casting his vote for Ronald Reagan in 1980 and sticking with the party ever since. But after hearing Herman Cain’s “joke” about killing illegal immigrants with an electric border fence, he’s seen enough.

Garza is the Texas state director for Somos Republicans, an activist group whose stated mission is to bring Latino voters into the GOP fold. On Tuesday, he announced on the group’s website that he’s cut up his Texas GOP membership card (he posted a picture) and will identify as an independent from now on.

“I’m serious,” he told TPM over the phone. “I have allegedly pro-life Republicans telling me that advocating for the murder of people crossing the border is a perfectly reasonable thing to do. We took Herman Cain’s remark very seriously because it was the second or third time he had said similar things.”

Garza dismissed Cain’s initial comments that the statement was a joke, noting that Cain subsequently said he would seriously consider an actual electrified fence as a solution to the border crisis. To Garza, the reaction of the GOP already gave away the game.

“People didn’t laugh, they cheered,” he said. “They didn’t think it was a joke. That remarks advocating the murder of innocent people and unconstitutional use of force by someone running for president were met with cheers by Republicans is outrageous.”

Latino GOP Activist Leaving Party Over Herman Cain’s ‘Electric Fence’ Idea | Election 2012

Forum List

Back