Cain against assassinate American citizens that are terrorists

How do libs justify killing an American citizen while condemning waterboarding of noncitizens.....all of which are terrorists? This is an amazing quandary.

Easy. Follow the constitution.

So he could be charged with treason for justification? That's fine if that's what's happening but I haven't seen anything to validate that.
If he was captured, sure he could be charged with treason. But he wasn't captured. He was killed as an enemy combatant.

How do libs justify killing an American citizen while condemning waterboarding of noncitizens.....all of which are terrorists? This is an amazing quandary.

I'm not a lib.. and I justify it for the reasons stated. He committed no crime, he committed an act of war and died as a warrior on his battlefield.. syonara dude.

I'm still wondering what war that is... Can you go find us a declaration of war quick for us?

it's called jihad asswipe. ever hear of jihad?

Easy. Follow the constitution.

So he could be charged with treason for justification? That's fine if that's what's happening but I haven't seen anything to validate that.
If he was captured, sure he could be charged with treason. But he wasn't captured. He was killed as an enemy combatant.

That's a dangerous precedent to kill a US citizen. Besides that, I agree with O droning these jihadists down. Doesn't bother me a bit.

Still desperately trying to legitimize Paul as a viable candidate I see. Nobel but pointless.

Nope, just wanted to see how many Cain fans would flip flop is all.

For me it is not about winning, but more doing the right thing and holding people accountable. I don't care if RP wins, he already has being that 3 years ago people laughed at him and now 3 years later most of his platform has been adopted.

Anyways, this is about what Cain said, not Ron Paul.

You brought RP into the discussion in your op. You live and breathe RP. It's laughable. Don't cry if everyone is calling you on it. Embrace it, its all you seem to have.

That's a dangerous precedent to kill a US citizen. Besides that, I agree with O droning these jihadists down. Doesn't bother me a bit.
It's a dangerous precedent for an American to join a terrorist network that has vowed to kill Americans.

Still desperately trying to legitimize Paul as a viable candidate I see. Nobel but pointless.

For me it is not about winning, but more doing the right thing and holding people accountable. I don't care if RP wins, he already has being that 3 years ago people laughed at him and now 3 years later most of his platform has been adopted.

You brought RP into the discussion in your op. You live and breathe RP. It's laughable. Don't cry if everyone is calling you on it. Embrace it, its all you seem to have.

I don't live and breathe RP, I in fact started a thread about Cain, I take it you like Cain and now find yourself in a bit of a pickle is all... Grats.

Also as I said, this is about what Cain said, not RP... I quoted only Cain, never once RP, try and stay on point as this is about Cain taking an unpopular stance on an issue thatr very few others side with.

Last edited:

I'm not a lib.. and I justify it for the reasons stated. He committed no crime, he committed an act of war and died as a warrior on his battlefield.. syonara dude.

I'm still wondering what war that is... Can you go find us a declaration of war quick for us?

Time of war <> Declaration of War

Do you think the public is in danger from al Queda and it's operatives?

I wonder if he will flip flop on this too now that Ron Paul takes heat for upholding the constitution rather than going after political points...

May 25 2011, 9:00 AM ET

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

:president Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard - you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

Yes, that's what I said.

I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process. Osama bin Laden was not a citizen of the United States of America. So I would not have changed the decision the president made in that regard. But if you're a citizen, no, it is not right for the president to to think he has the power to have you assassinated. No. He has the power to make sure you're locked up, but you have to go through due process.

American citizen or not, once you are on the battlefield and fighting against america you are an enemy combatant. You do not have a constitutionally protected right to kill American soldiers as a United States citizen. And American soldiers DO have the right to protect themselves and protect one another from dick smacks like this man was.

That's the answer, right there, grunt! The whole constitution stops when the citizen takes up arms against the USA. There is no time for due proess when American lives are at risk through the lunatic actions of terrorists. When a lunatic has commandeered a jet to take out thousands of people you don't stand at an airport with handcuffs, you shoot them down!

Cain is a good man and will defend the Constituion with all his heart, but I know when push comes to shove, this man will make the right decisions.

I don't live and breathe RP, I in fact started a thread about Cain, I take it you like Cain and now find yourself in a bit of a pickle is all... Grats.

You started a thread about Cain and tried to justify it by using RP.

And what pickle am I in? Unlike some I'm not so narrow minded that I have to live, breathe and believe in every position a possible candidate holds.

It's a dangerous precedent for an American to join a terrorist network that has vowed to kill Americans.

We need to see charges though.

Time of war <> Declaration of War

Do you think the public is in danger from al Queda and it's operatives?

The American Public? Not really... More people die every year from illegal’s, drinking, driving, smoking, poor eating habits and other dumb shit. If we just go off % of American lives lost do to Al Queda (non military) and compare to other things that kill Americans then Al Queda is one of the least dangerous things to an American citizen in America...

You started a thread about Cain and tried to justify it by using RP.

And what pickle am I in? Unlike some I'm not so narrow minded that I have to live, breathe and believe in every position a possible candidate holds.

Whew, only thing more annyoing than Ron Paul fanboys are the Ron Paul haters...

I wonder if he will flip flop on this too now that Ron Paul takes heat for upholding the constitution rather than going after political points...

May 25 2011, 9:00 AM ET

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

:president Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard - you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

Yes, that's what I said.

I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process. Osama bin Laden was not a citizen of the United States of America. So I would not have changed the decision the president made in that regard. But if you're a citizen, no, it is not right for the president to to think he has the power to have you assassinated. No. He has the power to make sure you're locked up, but you have to go through due process.

I think this a subject which can be legitimately argued from both sides. I think Obama did the right thing here- though I always suspect his motives when they seemingly contradict his ideology- I can still say I think it was the right thing to do.

I like Cain. Do I agree with eveything he says? Nope.

Do I agree with everything anyone says? Nope

Would I vote for him over Barry Boy. Yep.

AS for that dirtbag terrorist? I do believe the Yememi's gave us the intel to get him. Perhaps he was causing a problem for their Govt??

Glad the dirtbag is dead. He and OBL can discuss their demise in hell. Wonder if either one of em got those 72 virgins??

Forum List

Back