Cain against assassinate American citizens that are terrorists

I wonder if he will flip flop on this too now that Ron Paul takes heat for upholding the constitution rather than going after political points...

May 25 2011, 9:00 AM ET

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

:president Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard - you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

Yes, that's what I said.

I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process. Osama bin Laden was not a citizen of the United States of America. So I would not have changed the decision the president made in that regard. But if you're a citizen, no, it is not right for the president to to think he has the power to have you assassinated. No. He has the power to make sure you're locked up, but you have to go through due process.

I can't recall the name of it, but Reagan signed that America would not assassinate any one, by any means.

Why is it now an acceptable thing to do?

We sent SEALs in to capture/kill Osama. Why not do the same with Al?
Bush changed that rule.

tell that to the Americans the fort Hood shooter took out asshole and yes, the fucker obie doodle offed had direct ties to the ft Hood shooter. he deserved exactly what the fuck he got.

Wouldn't change my answer from being right to wrong...

Your answer is wrong and it always will be and you will always be an asshole too. and ass kissing Al Qaida loving asshole.

Quick google and I got this, this is just ONE thing.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6089353/ns/health-addictions/t/alcohol-linked-us-deaths-year/ 75k deaths a year in America.

Yes, I'm sure I'm wrong and you are right lol.

Last edited:
So he could be charged with treason for justification? That's fine if that's what's happening but I haven't seen anything to validate that.
If he was captured, sure he could be charged with treason. But he wasn't captured. He was killed as an enemy combatant.

That's a dangerous precedent to kill a US citizen. Besides that, I agree with O droning these jihadists down. Doesn't bother me a bit.

They did it in the Civil War over and over and nobody paid much attention.

I wonder if he will flip flop on this too now that Ron Paul takes heat for upholding the constitution rather than going after political points...

Herman Cain: Spying on Americans Is Okay, But Not Assassinating Them - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

:president Obama has said that he has the authority to assassinate American citizens if he's declared them an enemy combatant in the War on Terror. Al Awlaki is one guy who is on the official government list where he can be taken out. Do you have any thoughts on that? Is it a good policy because it allows us to take out Americans who may have joined Al Qaeda? Or is it a bad policy-

Well first of all, this is the first that I have heard - you're saying it's okay to take out American citizens if he suspects they are terrorist related. Is that what you said?!

Yes, that's what I said.

I've got to be honest with you. I have not heard that. I had not heard that's something that he said. I don't believe that the president of the United States should order the assassination of citizens of the United States. That's why we have our court system, and that's why we have our laws. Even if the person is suspected of being affiliated with terrorism, if they are a citizen of this country, they still deserve the rights of this country, which includes due process. Osama bin Laden was not a citizen of the United States of America. So I would not have changed the decision the president made in that regard. But if you're a citizen, no, it is not right for the president to to think he has the power to have you assassinated. No. He has the power to make sure you're locked up, but you have to go through due process.

I can't recall the name of it, but Reagan signed that America would not assassinate any one, by any means.

Bush changed that rule.

buggereater ravi bush never said to kill American citizens.

Yes, that's what I said.

Bush changed that rule.

When?

I don't recall Bush, either of them, needing to kill a specific person.

If he was captured, sure he could be charged with treason. But he wasn't captured. He was killed as an enemy combatant.

That's a dangerous precedent to kill a US citizen. Besides that, I agree with O droning these jihadists down. Doesn't bother me a bit.

They did what you have my attention now. I allowed your first war of northewrn agression comment slide

They did what you have my attention now. I allowed your first war of northewrn agression comment slide

The Union opened fire on US citizens. Or did you miss that part?
That actually is one precedent cited in ex parte Quirin. U.S. citizenship is not a roving shield for people committing acts of war across the globe.

I didn't say congress declared a war.. Are you fucking brain dead today? I said the Al quaida asshole that obie doodle offed declared war on America.. Read my fucking lips. asshole.

Thats the only way a war can be decleared through congress. But then again we also have a war on drugs should their be a hit list for street gangs dealing drugs, if caught they will be shot on sight?

who were you going to send over to the middle east to arrest the alquaida dead dude? eric holder?

If he was confronted and resisted kill him but don't assissmate him let the state prove that hje is an enemy combatant not just say someone is an enemy combatant. The next enemy combatant could be you.

Last edited:
Thats the only way a war can be decleared through congress. But then again we also have a war on drugs should their be a hit list for street gangs dealing drugs, if caught they will be shot on sight?

who were you going to send over to the middle east to arrest the alquaida dead dude? eric holder?

If he was confronted and resisted kill him but don't assissmate him let a person prove they are not what the government says they are. The next enemy combatant could be you.

I'm not sure whether we assissimated him or not. I do know we killed an enemy combatant. And good for them.

The Union opened fire on US citizens. Or did you miss that part?
That actually is one precedent cited in ex parte Quirin. U.S. citizenship is not a roving shield for people committing acts of war across the globe.

Of course the union did but to the victors goes the rules If the south had wona few union generals would have been Wirz

If he was confronted and resisted kill him but don't assissmate him let a person prove they are not what the government says they are. The next enemy combatant could be you.

I'm not sure whether we assissimated him or not. I do know we killed an enemy combatant. And good for them.

So wait, you admit you don't know what actually happened then you tell he was a combatant... Sooooo, do you have the scoop of "what happened" or not? Was he shooting at Americans or not?

He was specifically targeted to be killed, no matter how it happened

When?

I don't recall Bush, either of them, needing to kill a specific person.
Bush Gives Green Light to CIA for Assassination of Named Terrorists

No American citizen

The CIA is now "debating how many of the 35 or more countries identified as places where the terrorist network [al-Qaida] is active could figure on the list" of countries where Bush's death warrants could be enacted. Since the U.S. government has made it clear that it believes al-Qaida is operating within the U.S. itself, the U.S. is among these countries. This means that Bush can now order the killing of people within the borders of the U.S. ... including American citizens if they are judged by Bush or one of his "senior colleagues" to be a "terrorist" (note that no judge is required to authorize a death warrant). But the term "terrorist" has never been defined in American law, and the concept can be interpreted so broadly that anyone taking part in an unauthorized demonstration against American government policies can be labelled as a "terrorist". Thus any active political dissent in America can now get you killed.

This might be what he is talking about... The wonderful "we can kill anyone" policy of Bush.

If he was confronted and resisted kill him but don't assissmate him let the state prove that hje is an enemy combatant not just say someone is an enemy combatant. The next enemy combatant could be you.

I'm quite sure the next one will be me.. :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back