CA National Guard in Montecito

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
There is already some controversy surrounding the CA National Guard deployment to Montecito for cleanup. Many tons of equipment is on site. More than any place else in the State AFAIK, where they are needed as much or more. Of course the Governor showed up. Maybe the photo op was what it's about. Maybe it's wealthy donor(s)

Randall_group_photo_011223.jpg

I was just informed by a local who has surveyed the operation. More equipment is there than in that photo above.

• Banned
I thought Montecito was one of the places hardest hit, it would make sense they have a lot of equipment there.
You would think it was because of the media reaction. The area they are working isn't as bad as depicted, IMO. The catch basins and fencing did the job and is mostly wood debris. Not rocks and huge boulders as before 5 years ago. Highway 33, which is a needed artery to the North into Kern County, is closed because of rock slides for an unknown amount of time. Who knows where the priorities are. I don't. But I thank the Guard for what they do and are doing, wherever they are needed.

Last edited:
  • Banned
randallroad_011123.jpg

Picture above is the Randall Road debris basin.
The people in Goleta are pissed because they are trucking mud from Montecito and dumping it on Goleta Beach.

• Banned
Burnham Wood gated community adjacent to the debris basin. Retirement living of the old (and cranky)

Forum List

Back