CA drought?? HAHA. Democrats let celebs keep their massive green lawns.

Pity so many Californians have not yet figured out how to become ex-Californians. Though, in fairness, they simply be clinging to the superior welfare bennies......

Our problem is that too many Californians are moving to Nevada and trying to bring their stupid policies with them.
Nevada has plenty of stupid ideas of their own. Harry Reid was born in Searchlight.

Personally, it's pissing me off. Here I am, conserving the best I can, allotted 50 gallons per day for myself and what little tiny garden I have left (we get 50 gallons per person per house), showering for 3 minutes and bailing it out into that tiny garden, the neighborhood looking awful because we all doing this and the schmucks in Hollywood pish posh it all off. Yes...its pissing me off. A lot.

wow, I might consider moving from that state.
I'd like to get out. But where are we to go? HOW are we to go?
It isn't that easy.
Don't come to the South.

We don't want you, we don't need you, and you Californicators are not welcome.

True fact.
Fuck you too. The south is full of fucktards like you.

Personally, it's pissing me off. Here I am, conserving the best I can, allotted 50 gallons per day for myself and what little tiny garden I have left (we get 50 gallons per person per house), showering for 3 minutes and bailing it out into that tiny garden, the neighborhood looking awful because we all doing this and the schmucks in Hollywood pish posh it all off. Yes...its pissing me off. A lot.

It isn't that easy.
Don't come to the South.

True fact.
What south are you talking about? Do you live in Mexico? No wonder you are so miserable. Don't worry no one in the right mind will move to south.

Shootspeeders,
1. If we elected republican here in California do you think we have more rain?
2. If we have republican leaders do you think these people will stop having big mansion?
People like you trigger my UFD (unidentifiable flying dialects) where I start speaking German, French, English and Spanish all at the same time.

The local news showed how to do a grey water system...via a professional installation that cost the home owner they interviewed...and it ONLY cost her....oy....$1000.00 for the installation. Um. Ok. NOT.
Stick a damn 32 gallon trash can under the laundry water pipe for the spin cycle, use earth friendly laundry soap, get a pond pump for 10 bucks to pump it out of the trash can or better yet, get some exercise and use an empty milk carton to fill and water plants (not veggies you eat). Total cost about 25 bucks and elbow greese. Jeez.

It isn't that easy.

I understand. I loved that state, lived there off and on in the late 80's -90's....

but what has been done to it by their government they should all be in jail. I hope the people rise up with pitchforks would be nice. Good luck to you my dear
The people you hope will rebel elected those governments.

When they leave California, they tell us we should elect governments like theirs, and tell us "that is not how we did it in CA".

I hope CA slides into the sea.

The world would be a better place.
30-40 years ago assholes from your state as well as the others came to California looking for their piece of the pie.....got into govt and started making things like they are.....now they are leaving going to your State......

why dont you tell us how to do it henry.....tell us how you did it.....

So nice of you to ask!

I was fortunate in having retired just as the California housing boom was at its peak. Sold out and moved out. Donated most of the furniture and accumulated "stuff" to a thrift shop. Sold our cars. Moved our IRAs to institutions in our new (no income tax/no sales tax) state to keep them out of California's tax reach.

Bought a nicer house for half what we got for the former one and we're working our way through some of the profit by traveling. Of course after having bought new furniture and cars suited to where we now live.

California was good to us; nice high-paying jobs while it all lasted but now the company from which we retired has left California - moved to Canada. We were fortunate in having retired about 8 years before that high-tech company was driven out.

California, indeed, a a great place to be FROM.

Oh, I'm not sharing info as to where we are because of a couple of things:

1. I don't want you as a neighbor.
2. People near us think we came from the East Coast - Californians are not welcomed here out of irrational fear of contagion.

Last edited:
Brownie the governor is the most corrupt politician in history - excepting john boehner of course. You can buy them with a steak dinner.

Here s what celebrities lawns look like during California s drought Page Six

As these aerial photos from The Post prove, Hollywood celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Barbra Streisand and Jennifer Lopez continue to suck up water to keep their gardens fresh and lawns green, while Southern California withers from a devastating drought.

jcela_060515a_001.jpg

The home of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.

jcela_060515a_010.jpg

The home of Jennifer Lopez

jcela_060515a_022.jpg

The home of Barbra Streisand
Morons, they are trucking the water in from out of state. Not illegal.
Moron, no they are NOT. My sister lives in Bakersfield....on a limit but the neighbors are still watering their lawns..including my sister. On a sprinkler system, set to go EVERY NIGHT because it is HOT there. During the summer....110 to 115 sometimes. My sister in law lives in Modesto. Same deal. The problem is..the water companies are not doing their job in giving fines to those who do this shit and Brown is not fining the water companies not doing their fucking job and dumbfucks refusing to believe we are RUNNING OUT OF WATER.

Please speak in complete sentences.

You seem to be presuming that Hollywood celebrities are breaking the law because your sister and her neighbors are breaking the law.

Last edited:
Can I relate to them wanting their trees, shrubs, garden to stay alive? Yes. It took me 10 years to get my lawn to where it was. It makes me sad to see my apple tree dying. I have shown pics of my yard before. It hurts to see it the way it is now. I still have my little garden, but it is only 1/4th size now and the water is from our showers...soon to be from our laundry water. Yes, I can relate to see all that I lovingly planted..die. BUT..it also hurts to see wild animals dying from lack of water as well. I am doing my part. Those abusing the water we have now should be ashamed but most are not.

I took these pics a few days ago, meaning to share, but never got around to it. Now I will. I dug up every plant I could, put it in a pot, stuck it under the big tree for shade. The rest is in my tiny section I keep alive the best I can.

11j409i.jpg

ifx3wz.jpg

optqud.jpg

14uan9c.jpg

You could have taken into account the climate of your area and its natural variability and planted a yard that did not depend on big government supplied water to stay alive. You failed to plan ahead for the contingency of a drought, and now you are wanting to blame others for your own lack of personal responsibility.

If you were truly self sufficient and independent you would have chosen different things to plant and/or saved money to buy trucked in water. I'm sorry your personal failure is causing your yard to suffer.

The local news showed how to do a grey water system...via a professional installation that cost the home owner they interviewed...and it ONLY cost her....oy....$1000.00 for the installation. Um. Ok. NOT.
Stick a damn 32 gallon trash can under the laundry water pipe for the spin cycle, use earth friendly laundry soap, get a pond pump for 10 bucks to pump it out of the trash can or better yet, get some exercise and use an empty milk carton to fill and water plants (not veggies you eat). Total cost about 25 bucks and elbow greese. Jeez.
Better yet people should start using the 5 gallons bucket to take a bath instead of showers. According to Google 10 minutes of showers equals to 50 gallons of water. If you use a bucket maybe 10 to 15 gallons equal to 35 to 40 gallons of savings. Just a thought.

It isn't that easy.
Don't come to the South.

True fact.
At least I have water, greenery and peace of mind.

Enjoy your shithole.

During the time I had to live in California (for work related reasons) I learned a few things:

1. Use drip irrigation for a few ornamental plants.

2. Round-up is the best lawn-care tool ever!

3. Wet newspaper is a good plant barrier when several layers are put on barren ground.

4. Cover the wet newspaper with about 3-inches of wood chips and nothing grows.

5. Be sure that if you substitute crushed rock for the wood chips you do NOT use "serpentine" as it contains asbestos and you'll one day have to pay to have it removed to t toxic waste dump.

6. When economics permit, ESCAPE.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that my friend in Wyo decides we would make great caretakers for her properties while she is off doing stuff and isn't there. 3 homes, all VRBO or long term. Not sure yet what she wants to do. But we would still need housing we can afford. Unless she gives us free housing with one of the homes (the smallest possible) and that would be our salary. I told her I CAN pay rent..but it has to be really low and where she is located...it is hard to find anything for rent regardless of price or size and the nearest town is 80 miles away so that would be hard to live in the nearest town and have to drive that to check the properties too. So..I don't know what is going to happen, but I do hope she does say "come on". We will be outta here in 45 days or less.

Better yet people should start using the 5 gallons bucket to take a bath instead of showers. According to Google 10 minutes of showers equals to 50 gallons of water. If you use a bucket maybe 10 to 15 gallons equal to 35 to 40 gallons of savings. Just a thought.
60% goes to watering lawns and landscape, less than 20% to baths and showers. Why is it we're telling people that bathtime is where we need to exercise austerity?

It isn't that easy.
Don't come to the South.

True fact.
At least I have water, greenery and peace of mind.

Enjoy your shithole.
And that is your comeback? :rofl:
Tard

why dont you tell us how to do it henry.....tell us how you did it.....

So nice of you to ask!

I was fortunate in having retired just as the California housing boom was at its peak. Sold out and moved out. Donated most of the furniture and accumulated "stuff" to a thrift shop. Sold our cars. Moved our IRAs to institutions in our new (no income tax/no sales tax) state to keep them out of California's tax reach.

Bought a nicer house for half what we got for the former one and we're working our way through some of the profit by traveling. Of course after having bought new furniture and cars suited to where we now live.

California was good to us; nice high-paying jobs while it all lasted but now the company from which we retired has left California - moved to Canada. We were fortunate in having retired about 8 years before that high-tech company was driven out.

California, indeed, a a great place to be FROM.

Oh, I'm not sharing info as to where we are because of a couple of things:

1. I don't want you as a neighbor.
2. People near us think we came from the East Coast - Californians are not welcomed here out of irrational fear of contagion.
dont worry henry i dont want to live next to you....i know where you are from.....

Forum List

Back