By next year at this time Ukraine will be annexed and Taiwan will be under CCP jurisdiction.....bet on it.

Change The damn channel, which appears to be Russian propaganda at this point lol. The USA and the West have enough economic power to crush China and Russia economically, so they better watch their step. Because we can also crush them militarily. These new Russian and Chinese leaders need to be smacked down, the pieces of crap.
Never Again Proud to Die Taking a Richkid's Place

Let's draft only Preppies this time. That guillotine-fodder owes us 60,000 lives for their cowardice and treason during the Vietnam War.

I can see the Donbas region becoming part of Russia, but I really can't see the Russia government nor the Russian people wanting to fight a protracted war for rule over Ukrainian nationals, nor can I see the Germans and French wanting to put up a fight over trying to have the Ukrainian government retain control over Russian nationals.

. . . as far as Taiwan? We shall see how much pain the Chinese are willing to stand on that one. They certainly won't invade till after the Olympics are over. Nor can I see them invading till the Ukrain issue is settled. They might. But the Western allies are not going to do anything but supply arms and humanitarian supplies for as long as Taiwan can hold out.

Never Again Proud to Die Taking a Richkid's Place

Let's draft only Preppies this time. That guillotine-fodder owes us 60,000 lives for their cowardice and treason during the Vietnam War.
Viet nam was a horrible tragedy. No more God damn wars at all and smack the hell out of people that try and start one. Normally the same authoritarians that need to be smacked down. The Cold war is over, it appears we need to stop Republicans from starting stupid wars and covert b******* now. Speaking of lying authoritarians...

Viet nam was a horrible tragedy. No more God damn wars at all and smack the hell out of people that try and start one. Normally the same authoritarians that need to be smacked down. The Cold war is over, it appears we need to stop Republicans from starting stupid wars and covert b******* now. Speaking of lying authoritarians...
Shot at and Missed, Shit at and Hit

You blindly follow the self-justifying cowards and traitors who monopolize the narratives about Vietnam. The troops there were no different from the heroes of World War II.

Shot at and Missed, Shit at and Hit

You blindly follow the self-justifying cowards and traitors who monopolize the narratives about Vietnam. The troops there were no different from the heroes of World War II.
Our service men are fantastic and I never said any different and I never will. They should not be sent off to stupid wars anymore.

Our service men are fantastic and I never said any different and I never will. They should not be sent off to stupid wars anymore.
Doves and Chickenhawks Secretly Feel That the Troops Are "Losers Too Lazy to Go to College"

Even though it was designed to lose, the Vietnam War delayed the expansion of Communism, which made it implode. The same can be said about the Crusades, setting back the continual jihad for 200 years, making it corrupt from stagnancy and turning its leader, Turkey, into "the sick man of Europe.

Vietnam also forced the Soviet Union to do the same in Afghanistan. Other Communists could point to what America did for its side in Vietnam and demand the same commitment.

Doves and Chickenhawks Secretly Feel That the Troops Are "Losers Too Lazy to Go to College"

Even though it was designed to lose, the Vietnam War delayed the expansion of Communism, which made it implode. The same can be said about the Crusades, setting back the continual jihad for 200 years, making it corrupt from stagnancy and turning its leader, Turkey, into "the sick man of Europe.

Vietnam also forced the Soviet Union to do the same in Afghanistan. Other Communists could point to what America did for its side in Vietnam and demand the same commitment.
The Domino theory was crap. We should have let democracy rule and allowed Ho Chi Minh to be president back in 1945 or 56 and avoid so much destruction of all kinds including in the United States. No reflection on the service men. And the Vietnamese were not interested in being the stooges for anyone. Amazing people.

Service men are certainly not too lazy-And neither are blacks but college is damn expensive thanks to the GOP and cuts to aid for universities. Service men returning from Iran etc got screwed by GOP inspired and run online universities. The Bush administration deregulated it and people got screwed. As always. We are the only modern country that does not have cheap college and training, or for that matter a living wage health care daycare paid parental leave great infrastructure and vacations. Thanks g o p and brainwashed GOP ease
I can see the Donbas region becoming part of Russia, but I really can't see the Russia government nor the Russian people wanting to fight a protracted war for rule over Ukrainian nationals, nor can I see the Germans and French wanting to put up a fight over trying to have the Ukrainian government retain control over Russian nationals.

. . . as far as Taiwan? We shall see how much pain the Chinese are willing to stand on that one. They certainly won't invade till after the Olympics are over. Nor can I see them invading till the Ukrain issue is settled. They might. But the Western allies are not going to do anything but supply arms and humanitarian supplies for as long as Taiwan can hold out.
The Chinese are not trying anything. Uncle Joe is on the job and so is the Taiwan army etc...

Last edited:

Basically, the don't need Donbass to become a part of Russia. Russian policy makers are pragmatic and all those talks about defending Russian speakers in Ukraine and other rubbish are only for their electorate. Donbass doesn't have importance for them at all, it is not the Crimea.

Donbass is important for them as a tool to control the policy of Ukraine. They want to give it back on their conditions. Though, they can really annex it eventually, if they wail in it.

Basically, the don't need Donbass to become a part of Russia. Russian policy makers are pragmatic and all those talks about defending Russian speakers in Ukraine and other rubbish are only for their electorate. Donbass doesn't have importance for them at all, it is not the Crimea.

Donbass is important for them as a tool to control the policy of Ukraine. They want to give it back on their conditions. Though, they can really annex it eventually, if they wail in it.
I don't think you understand how electoral politics work.

:rolleyes:

IMO? I think if it were up to Putin and Lavrov, they would probably stay out of the whole thing if Ukarine were not becoming a puppet of Western corporate powers. You characterize the Ukrainians as, "Russian Speakers," but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are more than that. . . they ARE ethnic Russians, with, probably relatives and relations right across the border in Russia. . .

Why else is the Duma putting pressure on the Kremlin? :dunno:
Of course you are right. . the Kremlin has no need, nor any desire to annex the Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk People's Republic. That pressure certainly is coming from the Duma and the electorate. If Putin wishes to remain popular? IMO? I believe he needs to respond to popular pressure. He just can't ignore the Western supported oppression of ethnic Russians. Hell, that is what WWI was fought over, popular sovereignty. It is the height of hypocrisy in the West, to ignore this basic tenet of a sovereign people.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What a US Trap for Russia in Ukraine Might Look Like​

The U.S. and NATO are pouring weapons into Ukraine. Kiev says it plans no offensive against Donbass, but if Washington forced one, Moscow would have a major decision to make, writes Joe Lauria.

". . . Joe Biden has said a Russian invasion will come in February, when the ground freezes. But it could also be the time for a Kiev offensive to recover the two Donbass provinces. NATO nations are pouring weapons into Ukraine supposedly to defend it against the “invasion.” But the weapons transfers could instead be preparation for an offensive, on orders from Washington. Since the 2014 U.S.-backed coup the U.S. essentially runs the country and all Ukrainian leaders, including Zelensky, serve at the pleasure of the U.S. president.

The ground will also be frozen for Kiev’s forces in February, which was the month of the 2014 coup, while Putin was in Sochi for the Winter Olympics. He is now in Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics, away from the command center in Moscow. (The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing was also the time Georgia instigated its war with Russia against its renegade provinces at the behest of the United States.)

When Kiev stepped up attacks against Donbass in March and October 2021, Russia both time increased its troop deployments near the Ukraine border, which this time is being interpreted by Washington as plans for an “imminent” invasion.

It is an invasion the U.S. absolutely needs to implement its plans to weaken Russia (and ultimately to replace Putin with a pliable leader in the mold of Boris Yeltsin.) As Moscow has never openly threatened such an invasion, the U.S. appears to be devising ways to get it.

The Russian ‘Plot’

On Thursday U.S. intelligence leaked what it says is a diabolical scheme by Russia to stage a provocation in Donbass or even on Russian territory itself to provide a pretext for an invasion. The New York Times reported the lurid details of this supposed plot:

Of course unsaid is that the U.S. can get Kiev to launch an actual attack, even inside Russia, and then say it was the false flag event, to try to prompt the Russian intervention.

As usual, the U.S. “intelligence officials” refused to provide any evidence for such a plot. “Officials would not release any direct evidence of the Russian plan or specify how they learned of it, saying to do so would compromise their sources and methods,” the Times reported.

That prompted AP State Department correspondent Matt Lee to have this exchange with spokesman Ned Price on Thursday. Because Price was unable to produce any evidence he resorted to smearing Lee as taking “solace” in Russian information. . . . "

In the West, we are told that Putin is a dictator. I am not certain that is necessarily so.

From this report?

Kremlin reacts lukewarmly to State Duma’s initiative​

Admin

January 21, 2022

The Kremlin on Friday reacted lukewarmly to an initiative by the State Duma to recognise two pro-Russian breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine as independent states, saying it was important to avoid actions that could increase tensions.
The State Duma spokesman said Friday it would hold discussions next week on the idea of recognising the Donetsk People’s Republic and the Luhansk People’s Republic.
Kremlin press secretary Dmitry Peskov, speaking ahead of talks in Geneva between senior US and Russian diplomats for spokesmen, said not to try to score political points in such a fragile situation.
Peskov added that the Kremlin did not expect a written answer from U.S. Secretary of State Blinken on Russia’s broad security guarantee demands.

(Reuters)

Map_of_the_Donbass.png

That article from Consortium News? Seems to be right on the money. I remember learning way way back in Junior High, then in High School, and at University, that the whole point of WWI, was to give free people everywhere, the right to self determination. I am tired of western propaganda trying to tell us that the people of Crimea ARE NOT ethnically Russian, or that the people in Donetsk and Luhansk aren't either. If the government in Kiev were not a puppet of Washington, I am not sure it would matter to these people. . . .

But we really are playing with fire here. Russia is not going to let these areas of Europe, which have Russian nationals living in them, be dominiated, and controlled by Washington. And I don't think Putin or Lavrov want to make an issue of it, but I don't really think they are going to be given a choice, other Russians have family and friends that they are connected to. . .

We would accept a Chinese take over of Japan, or the Philippians?

. . or Australia?

:dunno:

Even if Biden, as weak as he is, WANTED to roll over for Chinese, does anyone believe for an instant that the public would allow that? Of course not. There is no way we would ever allow the Chinese to just take Japan or the Philippians. :rolleyes:

So, we need to ask the question, if the Americans FORCE Ukraine to crack down on Donbas, and the Russian State Duma, forces the issue on Putin and Lavrov, by overwhelming majority. . . it could cost him the head of the Russian government if he does not acquiesce.

. . . and if he doesn't? His replacement might be even worse.

I don't think you understand how electoral politics work.

:rolleyes:

IMO? I think if it were up to Putin and Lavrov, they would probably stay out of the whole thing if Ukarine were not becoming a puppet of Western corporate powers. You characterize the Ukrainians as, "Russian Speakers," but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are more than that. . . they ARE ethnic Russians, with, probably relatives and relations right across the border in Russia. . .

Why else is the Duma putting pressure on the Kremlin? :dunno:
Of course you are right. . the Kremlin has no need, nor any desire to annex the Donetsk People's Republic and the Luhansk People's Republic. That pressure certainly is coming from the Duma and the electorate. If Putin wishes to remain popular? IMO? I believe he needs to respond to popular pressure. He just can't ignore the Western supported oppression of ethnic Russians. Hell, that is what WWI was fought over, popular sovereignty. It is the height of hypocrisy in the West, to ignore this basic tenet of a sovereign people.

-------------------------------------------------------------

What a US Trap for Russia in Ukraine Might Look Like​

The U.S. and NATO are pouring weapons into Ukraine. Kiev says it plans no offensive against Donbass, but if Washington forced one, Moscow would have a major decision to make, writes Joe Lauria.

". . . Joe Biden has said a Russian invasion will come in February, when the ground freezes. But it could also be the time for a Kiev offensive to recover the two Donbass provinces. NATO nations are pouring weapons into Ukraine supposedly to defend it against the “invasion.” But the weapons transfers could instead be preparation for an offensive, on orders from Washington. Since the 2014 U.S.-backed coup the U.S. essentially runs the country and all Ukrainian leaders, including Zelensky, serve at the pleasure of the U.S. president.

The ground will also be frozen for Kiev’s forces in February, which was the month of the 2014 coup, while Putin was in Sochi for the Winter Olympics. He is now in Beijing for the 2022 Winter Olympics, away from the command center in Moscow. (The 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing was also the time Georgia instigated its war with Russia against its renegade provinces at the behest of the United States.)

When Kiev stepped up attacks against Donbass in March and October 2021, Russia both time increased its troop deployments near the Ukraine border, which this time is being interpreted by Washington as plans for an “imminent” invasion.

It is an invasion the U.S. absolutely needs to implement its plans to weaken Russia (and ultimately to replace Putin with a pliable leader in the mold of Boris Yeltsin.) As Moscow has never openly threatened such an invasion, the U.S. appears to be devising ways to get it.

The Russian ‘Plot’

On Thursday U.S. intelligence leaked what it says is a diabolical scheme by Russia to stage a provocation in Donbass or even on Russian territory itself to provide a pretext for an invasion. The New York Times reported the lurid details of this supposed plot:

Of course unsaid is that the U.S. can get Kiev to launch an actual attack, even inside Russia, and then say it was the false flag event, to try to prompt the Russian intervention.

As usual, the U.S. “intelligence officials” refused to provide any evidence for such a plot. “Officials would not release any direct evidence of the Russian plan or specify how they learned of it, saying to do so would compromise their sources and methods,” the Times reported.

That prompted AP State Department correspondent Matt Lee to have this exchange with spokesman Ned Price on Thursday. Because Price was unable to produce any evidence he resorted to smearing Lee as taking “solace” in Russian information. . . . "

In the West, we are told that Putin is a dictator. I am not certain that is necessarily so.

From this report?

Kremlin reacts lukewarmly to State Duma’s initiative​

Admin

January 21, 2022

The Kremlin on Friday reacted lukewarmly to an initiative by the State Duma to recognise two pro-Russian breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine as independent states, saying it was important to avoid actions that could increase tensions.
The State Duma spokesman said Friday it would hold discussions next week on the idea of recognising the Donetsk People’s Republic and the Luhansk People’s Republic.
Kremlin press secretary Dmitry Peskov, speaking ahead of talks in Geneva between senior US and Russian diplomats for spokesmen, said not to try to score political points in such a fragile situation.
Peskov added that the Kremlin did not expect a written answer from U.S. Secretary of State Blinken on Russia’s broad security guarantee demands.

(Reuters)

Map_of_the_Donbass.png

That article from Consortium News? Seems to be right on the money. I remember learning way way back in Junior High, then in High School, and at University, that the whole point of WWI, was to give free people everywhere, the right to self determination. I am tired of western propaganda trying to tell us that the people of Crimea ARE NOT ethnically Russian, or that the people in Donetsk and Luhansk aren't either. If the government in Kiev were not a puppet of Washington, I am not sure it would matter to these people. . . .

But we really are playing with fire here. Russia is not going to let these areas of Europe, which have Russian nationals living in them, be dominiated, and controlled by Washington. And I don't think Putin or Lavrov want to make an issue of it, but I don't really think they are going to be given a choice, other Russians have family and friends that they are connected to. . .

We would accept a Chinese take over of Japan, or the Philippians?

. . or Australia?

:dunno:

Even if Biden, as weak as he is, WANTED to roll over for Chinese, does anyone believe for an instant that the public would allow that? Of course not. There is no way we would ever allow the Chinese to just take Japan or the Philippians. :rolleyes:

So, we need to ask the question, if the Americans FORCE Ukraine to crack down on Donbas, and the Russian State Duma, forces the issue on Putin and Lavrov, by overwhelming majority. . . it could cost him the head of the Russian government if he does not acquiesce.

. . . and if he doesn't? His replacement might be even worse.

You think the State Duma can force something on Putin? Oh, come on. The parliament in Russia is just a branch of presidential administration and is used to rubber stamp decisions made for them.

My point still stands. Russian clique doesn't need Donbass and that is why they are trying to push it back in Ukraine on their terms. Have you heard about the Minsk agreements?

The Putin's regime wants to establish a sphere on influence around Russian border and their policy on Donbass is in line with that.

Xi will do the CCP bidding....Putin will do what is most profitable ( which does not include allowing Europe to grab up the massive natural resources in Ukraine )....Biden is already purchased......none of them are independent. As far as Taiwan is concerned.....it's a a dual motivation...China cannot sustain its own growth without a fresh infusion of some type of outside capital. Taiwan is right there for the picking....they will pick it.
Yeah, how do they expect to get past the American Navy?

Yeah, how do they expect to get past the American Navy?
I don't think they'll even try to do that. They will simply over-enforce their presence in the commercial shipping lanes. In any case we don't need to use the Navy to hit them back hard.
Just reject all of their cargo ships when they try to dock in our ports. They'll feel that a lot harder and faster than they would a naval confrontation.

You think the State Duma can force something on Putin? Oh, come on. The parliament in Russia is just a branch of presidential administration and is used to rubber stamp decisions made for them.

My point still stands. Russian clique doesn't need Donbass and that is why they are trying to push it back in Ukraine on their terms. Have you heard about the Minsk agreements?

The Putin's regime wants to establish a sphere on influence around Russian border and their policy on Donbass is in line with that.
I firmly believe that Putin's response would be far more tempered if NATO hadn't been so aggressive earlier on in this decade. The situation in Ukraine to me looks more like two political parties trying to gain power with one using the Western military presence to prove its point while the other one is running to the Russian military to prove its point. I don't think Putin really cares that much Ukraine but he doesn't want it to become a NATO satellite that starts looking to cross Russia's border with political destabilization...
NATO'S favorite game.

Last edited:
college is damn expensive thanks to the GOP and cuts to aid for universities. Service men returning from Iran etc got screwed by GOP inspired and run online universities. The Bush administration deregulated it and people got screwed. As always. We are the only modern country that does not have cheap college and training,
Anyone Born With a Silver Spoon in His Mouth Will Always Speak With a Forked Tongue

How is the fact that students not being paid a higher salary than they can expect from any other job at that age any different from an economic bully telling a job applicant, "We'll give you a white-collar job if you first work here for four years without pay"?

The absurd and shameful fact that no controlled American demands being paid as a student is an example of what critics of brainwashing call "the Big Lie." The plutocratic parasites have to relentlessly drum unpaid education into us from childhood on for us to accept this unAmerican indentured servitude.

Also unAmerican is its Birth-Class Supremacy. The spawn of the rich get paid in the form of an allowance, which gives them an overwhelmingly psychological advantage. The fact that no Plute would accept just paying his brat's tuition and giving him little or nothing to live on proves that their power over our minds must be totally stripped away.

Anyone Born With a Silver Spoon in His Mouth Will Always Speak With a Forked Tongue

How is the fact that students not being paid a higher salary than they can expect from any other job at that age any different from an economic bully telling a job applicant, "We'll give you a white-collar job if you first work here for four years without pay"?

The absurd and shameful fact that no controlled American demands being paid as a student is an example of what critics of brainwashing call "the Big Lie." The plutocratic parasites have to relentlessly drum unpaid education into us from childhood on for us to accept this unAmerican indentured servitude.

Also unAmerican is its Birth-Class Supremacy. The spawn of the rich get paid in the form of an allowance, which gives them an overwhelmingly psychological advantage. The fact that no Plute would accept just paying his brat's tuition and giving him little or nothing to live on proves that their power over our minds must be totally stripped away.
We are the only modern country that does not have cheap college and training thanks to the GOP. Try and focus. Lol

I firmly believe that Putin's response would be far more tempered if NATO hadn't been so aggressive earlier on in this decade. The situation in Ukraine to me looks more like two political parties trying to gain power with one using the Western military presence to prove its point while the other one is running to the Russian military to prove its point. I don't think Putin really cares that much Ukraine but he doesn't want it to become a NATO satellite that starts looking to cross Russia's border with political destabilization...
NATO'S favorite game.
Putin and his corrupt oligarch dictatorship Russian system are a disgrace. Based on lies and violence, kind of like the new Trump GOP...

We are the only modern country that does not have cheap college and training thanks to the GOP. Try and focus. Lol
From Childhood On, Superior Students Must Be Treated Exactly the Way We Treat Superior Athletes Now. Yes, That Includes Getting the Prettiest Girlfriends.

Any tuition is bribery. Only highly paid students and trainees will get highly motivated superior talent. Those who oppose being paid for grades know that they would be replaced by those whom unpaid education discourages.

Today, "students" on athletic "scholarships" get expensive housing, expensive food, and expensive entertainment. If all they got was free tuition, most of the best high-school athletes would refuse to play college ball.

From Childhood On, Superior Students Must Be Treated Exactly the Way We Treat Superior Athletes Now. Yes, That Includes Getting the Prettiest Girlfriends.

Any tuition is bribery. Only highly paid students and trainees will get highly motivated superior talent. Those who oppose being paid for grades know that they would be replaced by those whom unpaid education discourages.

Today, "students" on athletic "scholarships" get expensive housing, expensive food, and expensive entertainment. If all they got was free tuition, most of the best high-school athletes would refuse to play college ball.
You You are talking about student athletes since the NCAA changed the rules last year... Lol. Time to tax the rich their fair share and invest in Americans and America again, including cheap college and training for the good jobs other countries are getting... If you vote for the GOP you are supporting everything you rant against.....

Forum List

Back