By His stripes we are healed.

You think Christianity ranks with Donald Duck, and you've read the Bible a few times. You really, really, really love Donald Duck, eh, Poindexter.

Or you're a liar.

All the atheists on USMB are experts on christian theology and steeped in bible study. Always. Then they claim, after a supposed lifetime of dedicated study, they dont care about it.
Unlike most sane people they are experts in a subject they dont care about? LOL
USMB atheists are theologians, and the first to say that the faithful are fake Christians.

Obviously, they have the inside dope.

You think Christianity ranks with Donald Duck, and you've read the Bible a few times. You really, really, really love Donald Duck, eh, Poindexter.

Or you're a liar.

All the atheists on USMB are experts on christian theology and steeped in bible study. Always. Then they claim, after a supposed lifetime of dedicated study, they dont care about it.
USMB atheists are theologians, and the first to say that the faithful are fake Christians.

Ever read Irenaeus? "Against Heresies"? This is nothing new. Almost two millennia ago Irenaeus faced the same holier than thou twerps who spent their days...day in and day out..twisting scripture and attacking Christianity. They didnt preach to pagans or Jews...it was always Christians they sought out and always with the claim of having superior knowledge.
Whats different here? See any deeeeeep study of the Bagavad Ghita or Pearl of Great Price? Nope. Their obsession is always with that one religion they despise but cant flee in their own minds.

"Such are the adversaries with whom we have to deal, my very dear friend, endeavouring like slippery serpents to escape at all points. "

"They also overthrow the faith of many, by drawing them away, under a pretense of [superior] knowledge, from Him who founded and adorned the universe; as if, forsooth, they had something more excellent and sublime to reveal, than that God who created the heaven and the earth, and all things that are therein. By means of specious and plausible words, they cunningly allure the simple-minded to inquire into their system; but they nevertheless clumsily destroy them...their language resembles ours, while their sentiments are very different..." St Ireaeus

Here is what it cost him:

I always watch Mel Gibson's movie "Passion Of The Christ" at Easter. Watched it again this year.

I don't believe the physical torture was the worst part.

For me the worst part would have been having to listen to the taunts while dying on the cross itself.

That physical torture wasn't the worst part. He only lasted 6 hours on that cross because of the trauma He endured all night. He was taunted from 9 am until noon the next morning. And then an abnormal darkness that covered the earth and no one moved. For three hours, no one moved. There was no eclipse.
During that time, Christ was judged, found guilty, and sentenced to death for every sin ever committed by every human who has ever lived on this earth, so that nothing stood in the way of that human's connection to his Father, and to snatch us right out of the hands of Lucifer.

This is less than 5 minutes long. The animated video at the end gives a good understanding of the worst part.
Joseph prince calgry animation - Yahoo Video Search Results

Or you're a liar.

Ever read Irenaeus? "Against Heresies"? This is nothing new. Almost two millennia ago Irenaeus faced the same holier than thou twerps who spent their days...day in and day out..twisting scripture and attacking Christianity. They didnt preach to pagans or Jews...it was always Christians they sought out and always with the claim of having superior knowledge.
Whats different here? See any deeeeeep study of the Bagavad Ghita or Pearl of Great Price? Nope. Their obsession is always with that one religion they despise but cant flee in their own minds.

"Such are the adversaries with whom we have to deal, my very dear friend, endeavouring like slippery serpents to escape at all points. "

"They also overthrow the faith of many, by drawing them away, under a pretense of [superior] knowledge, from Him who founded and adorned the universe; as if, forsooth, they had something more excellent and sublime to reveal, than that God who created the heaven and the earth, and all things that are therein. By means of specious and plausible words, they cunningly allure the simple-minded to inquire into their system; but they nevertheless clumsily destroy them...their language resembles ours, while their sentiments are very different..." St Ireaeus

^^ BRAVO DOTR ^^

But those who do profess to be Christians..and then show the exact opposite of Christ's teachings..are fair game, IMO.

darn. I was hoping He'd give His judgement robe to me. Congrats.
You see..that statement makes perfect sense to you...and misses me by a mile. To me, it's just a justification for bad behavior. We are all judges...and should hold each other accountable...in matters of ethic. After all, that is the basis of law. IMO, of course.
There is a big difference between judging the behavior and judging the person.

But those who do profess to be Christians..and then show the exact opposite of Christ's teachings..are fair game, IMO.

darn. I was hoping He'd give His judgement robe to me. Congrats.
You see..that statement makes perfect sense to you...and misses me by a mile. To me, it's just a justification for bad behavior. We are all judges...and should hold each other accountable...in matters of ethic. After all, that is the basis of law. IMO, of course.

The very fact that the statement misses you by a mile is because of a lack of understanding of Christianity, and yet that is the very criteria that you judge others. If your are correct, then tell me what to do with this tenet of Christianity: Judge not.
That makes us NOT all judges. It is the opposite of what you believe.
Roman Law may be a better guideline for you judge us.
Because contrary to what you believe, and regardless of what you believe, it still applies that you will be judged to the extent you judge others.
Hmmm...I guess that would explain why I'm not a Christian...***chuckles***

I do understand Christianity...I just disagree with the theology..the ethic is a hard one...most don't even give it an honest attempt.

I did read somewhere about, By their fruits ye shall know them. Sounds like a judgement call, to me.
A judgement of behavior, not the person. Honest men can do dishonest things.

You have to respect a man who can get himself nailed to wood in a diaper.

I guess this year Jesus is a time traveler.

Passover is the holiday that Christ showed up in Jerusalem for when they caught Him.

Good Friday is the day that Christ was said to be crucified.

Easter Sunday is the day that Christ rose from the grave.

This year? It's all outta whack. Today is Good Friday, the day He was crucified, tomorrow is Passover, the holiday he went to Jerusalem to observe (wonder if He's gonna show up on the cross), and Sunday is the day that He was resurrected.

So this year, we kill Jesus on Friday, capture Him on Saturday, and He rises again on Sunday.

Hate to tell you Christians, but a lot of the Easter story is based in paganism, and on the wrong calendar, which is why this year Jesus has to be a time traveler.
Passover was on Thursday back then.

That's where Catholic Holy Thursday comes from.

And Jesus "showed up" on Palm Sunday the week before.

You really need to enroll in remedial Bible Study ABikerSailor .

Actually, if you were to check the calendar over the course of around 7 years, you would see that Easter and Passover circulate around each other depending on the year. Why is that? Simple actually, Passover is a Jewish holiday, and as such, is based on a lunar calendar that the Jews use. Easter is based on our current calendar and is held right around the Spring equinox.

Try again.

MGySgt%2BSumabat%2Bin%2BDress%2BBlues.jpg

Forum List

Back