Buzzfeed: President Trump Directed Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word...d-his-lawyer-to-lie-to-congress-1428061251891

This is the beginning of the end for Trump. If true, 'obstruction of justice by anybody's standards'

This is a slam dunk for obstruction of justice and possible conspiracy.
Wow. Everything Cohen did wrong is Trump's fault, right?
Personal responsibility ? Find another job if your boss pressures you to do wrong?
I'm not following his stories with a lot of interest, and I don't think he can "prove" Trump did any of this, so it's just another Trump smear.

Yesterday was a helluva day. On the back of the news that the intelligence services are no investigating Trump not just for collusion to get into the White House but as an ongoing Russian asset, we had three things happens.
1) Mitch McConnell, speaker of the Senate, ushered the majority of Republican senators into the chamber to lift Russian sanctions!!! They can't pass the bill they already passed a month ago that Trump refused to sign that would reopen govt, but they can help the Russians instead.
2) The Trump's pick for top lawman in the land, AG pick William Barr told Congress that he will jail journalists for "putting out stuff that hurt the country. " This is the man who also told Congress he will ignore any committee that tells him what to do, ethics or otherwise. He knows best.
3) Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, says that Donald Trump told him to lie to Congress. It has since been backed up by several others. Suborning perjury is one of the articles used to impeach Nixon and Clinton. Russia collusion or not, we are at impeachment's door. McConnell won't allow it.

Ladies and Gentleman, there is a coup going on, slow and open.McConnell has already said he will not impeach regardless of what Congress votes, he is keeping the government shut, yet he lifts the Russian sanctions and the AG nominee has openly threatened to jail journalists for reporting against Trump.

Democracy under attack.

I hope he's referring to jailing anyone who publishes "fake news". I'd support that.

Sarah Sanders?

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word...d-his-lawyer-to-lie-to-congress-1428061251891

This is the beginning of the end for Trump. If true, 'obstruction of justice by anybody's standards'

Personal responsibility ? Find another job if your boss pressures you to do wrong?
I'm not following his stories with a lot of interest, and I don't think he can "prove" Trump did any of this, so it's just another Trump smear.
We don’t know if Cohen can prove it or not — but Cohen did record some of their conversations, so it is possible he can.

We don’t know if Cohen can prove it or not — but Cohen did record some of their conversations, so it is possible he can.
Is telling Cohen to lie to Congress a crime? Isn't it more just talking--freedom of speech type stuff? Back to my original point, isn't the onus on Cohen to say no?

What happened to the bombshell on Manafort visiting Assange media said they had pictures, and proof of Cohen having been in Prague media said they had phone records?

Wait for the report....you think Mueller is going to leak like Starr did? Nope...

The Federal investigators in the Buzzfeed report are not with Mueller. They were investigating even before Mueller.

Wait so Mueller has had this information for over a year and still not acted on it?

Why doesn't Buzzfeed leak the evidence they have received from these Federal investigators? The Buzzfeed reporter did actually see the documentation they are reporting on?

However, according to the reports it's based solely on testimony from Cohen who has less credibility than Lucifer at this point so it's a "he said, he said" situation UNLESS corroborating evidence surfaces at which point things start to get very dicey for Donny.

To what reports do you refer?

Ha! That is not what I read....and I listened to one of the investigative reporters that wrote the story. He said there were multiple sources and that he was 100% sure of the stories accuracy.

If Repubs were still in total control if DC....they would bury this and try to ignore it. They are not and the Dem House will get the truth.

FYI: The buzzers reporter said he approached the WH about the upcoming article and offered them unlimited space to refute the claim..

Nothing....

What happened to the bombshell on Manafort visiting Assange media said they had pictures, and proof of Cohen having been in Prague media said they had phone records?

Wait for the report....you think Mueller is going to leak like Starr did? Nope...

The Federal investigators in the Buzzfeed report are not with Mueller. They were investigating even before Mueller.

Wait so Mueller has had this information for over a year and still not acted on it?

Why doesn't Buzzfeed leak the evidence they have received from these Federal investigators? The Buzzfeed reporter did actually see the documentation they are reporting on?

Do you know what Sealed Indictments are?

So why isn't Rosenstein going after federal investigators leaking sealed indictments?

So he lies? Republicans don’t see anything wrong with that.

And forcing people to work without pay?

Isn’t that what Trump used to do at other Trump Towers?

Beyond the fact that you are stupid for beleiving every "source with knowledge" bulshit story we've heard despite 3 years of it never panning out there is the obvious. If Trump , or anyone else for that matter, conspired to get a witness to lie to Congress, that would be illegal, but it wouldn't be "obstruction of justice"

And of course, riddle me this, why have only 7 people been charged with a crime in relation to lying to Congress since WWII, when in fact dozens of people have been caught lying to Congress in just the last year.

Here's the people off the top of my head who most certainly lied to Congress in the last few years, and haven't faced charges yet.

James Comey
Eric Holder
Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
Mark Zuckerburg
Andrew McCabe
Sundar Pichai
Peter Strozk
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Susan Rice
James Clapper

That's just right off the top of my head people who have lied to Congress, we all KNOW they lied and no charges.

Hell in the case of James Clapper, he actually orchestrated the NSA breaking into the server of the House Intelligence Oversight Committee and then lied about it when caught and NOTHING was done about it. Can you seriously think of ANYTHING more egregious than a government agency hacking into the computer system of the Congressional oversight committee charged with making sure they follow the rules?

So why isn't Rosenstein going after federal investigators leaking sealed indictments?

Link

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

And even as Trump told the public he had no business deals with Russia, the sources said Trump and his children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., received regular, detailed updates about the real estate development from Cohen, whom they put in charge of the project.

Much More: President Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project - Buzzfeed

This is very serious. Does not look good for Trump.

Yes, I'm sure an indictment over this oddly belated claim is "imminent."

Now, please tell me how this has anything to do with the charge that Trump colluded with the Russians to alter the outcome of the election.

How would you compare this with Hillary Clinton's hiring of an ex-British spy to get dirt on Trump from the Russians? What would you be saying if Trump had hired an ex-spy to get dirt on Hillary from the Russians? I bet you'd be screaming that that constituted collusion, yeah?
Now, please tell me how this has anything to do with the charge that Trump colluded with the Russians to alter the outcome of the election.

It certainly shows that Trump did indeed have business relationships in Russia despite what he said publicly. No?

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

And even as Trump told the public he had no business deals with Russia, the sources said Trump and his children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., received regular, detailed updates about the real estate development from Cohen, whom they put in charge of the project.

Much More: President Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project - Buzzfeed

This is very serious. Does not look good for Trump.

Yes, I'm sure an indictment over this oddly belated claim is "imminent."

How would you compare this with Hillary Clinton's hiring of an ex-British spy to get dirt on Trump from the Russians? What would you be saying if Trump had hired an ex-spy to get dirt on Hillary from the Russians? I bet you'd be screaming that that constituted collusion, yeah?

It certainly shows that Trump did indeed have business relationships in Russia despite what he said publicly. No?

Trump lied! I am shocked....SHOCKED!:ack-1:

Michael Cohen is a convicted perjurer as well as a proven liar. Knock yourselves out!

Some would say that's no way to speak of the former Executive VP of the Trump Org, but you make a good point. When Trump wanted to lie about hush money payments, he said, "You'll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael is my attorney." Lying was clearly one of Cohen's responsibilities.

Forum List

Back