Buzzfeed: President Trump Directed Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

And even as Trump told the public he had no business deals with Russia, the sources said Trump and his children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., received regular, detailed updates about the real estate development from Cohen, whom they put in charge of the project.

Much More: President Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project - Buzzfeed

This is very serious. Does not look good for Trump.

Yes, I'm sure an indictment over this oddly belated claim is "imminent."

Now, please tell me how this has anything to do with the charge that Trump colluded with the Russians to alter the outcome of the election.

How would you compare this with Hillary Clinton's hiring of an ex-British spy to get dirt on Trump from the Russians? What would you be saying if Trump had hired an ex-spy to get dirt on Hillary from the Russians? I bet you'd be screaming that that constituted collusion, yeah?
When you Trump Chumps are responding to this topic, please use this handy list below. Just post the number which indicates what you were going to say:

1. It isn't illegal!

2. Okay, it's illegal, but who cares?

3. B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Hillary!

4. B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Obama!

5. Look! Mexicans!

Michael Cohen is a convicted perjurer as well as a proven liar. Knock yourselves out!
Yup...and without other evidence this means little.''

But then if there are tapes...text messages...e-mails

Trump has committed a crime. A felony

Buh Bye
From the OP link:

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word...d-his-lawyer-to-lie-to-congress-1428061251891

This is the beginning of the end for Trump. If true, 'obstruction of justice by anybody's standards'

This is a slam dunk for obstruction of justice and possible conspiracy.

Beyond the fact that you are stupid for beleiving every "source with knowledge" bulshit story we've heard despite 3 years of it never panning out there is the obvious. If Trump , or anyone else for that matter, conspired to get a witness to lie to Congress, that would be illegal, but it wouldn't be "obstruction of justice"

And of course, riddle me this, why have only 7 people been charged with a crime in relation to lying to Congress since WWII, when in fact dozens of people have been caught lying to Congress in just the last year.

Here's the people off the top of my head who most certainly lied to Congress in the last few years, and haven't faced charges yet.

James Comey
Eric Holder
Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
Mark Zuckerburg
Andrew McCabe
Sundar Pichai
Peter Strozk
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Susan Rice
James Clapper

That's just right off the top of my head people who have lied to Congress, we all KNOW they lied and no charges.

Hell in the case of James Clapper, he actually orchestrated the NSA breaking into the server of the House Intelligence Oversight Committee and then lied about it when caught and NOTHING was done about it. Can you seriously think of ANYTHING more egregious than a government agency hacking into the computer system of the Congressional oversight committee charged with making sure they follow the rules?
It's obstruction of justice because it relates to Russia. You're an ignoramus.

Trump apologists are always ready to distract to some other topic. Lol!

And speaking of lies, beyond Zuckerburg no one on your list has any confirmed lies. You are the liar for posting that.

"Holy shit… I can’t leave this damn app for an hour without breaking news of Trump committing another felony

Congress needs to begin very legal and very cool impeachment proceedings ASAP" - The Distinguished William LeGate
Why don't you go take a midnight swim in Horseshoe Lake?

Is trolling all you do? Don't you have anything constructive to add to this discussion?
I can't help it, Chief. It's my job. Your job is to use reliable and honest news sources. To wit:

Criticism and controversies[edit]
Plagiarism[edit]

Benny Johnson was fired from BuzzFeed in July 2014 for plagiarism.
BuzzFeed has been accused of plagiarizing original content from competitors throughout the online and offline press. In June 2012, Gawker's Adrian Chen observed that one of BuzzFeed's most popular writers—Matt Stopera—frequently had copied and pasted "chunks of text into lists without attribution."[69] In March 2013, The Atlantic Wire also reported several "listicles" had apparently been copied from Reddit and other websites.[70] In July 2014, BuzzFeed writer Benny Johnson was accused of multiple instances of plagiarism.[71] Two anonymous Twitter users chronicled Johnson attributing work that was not his own, but "directly lift[ed] from other reporters, Wikipedia, and Yahoo! Answers", all without credit.[72] BuzzFeed editor Ben Smith initially defended Johnson, calling him a "deeply original writer".[73] Days later, Smith acknowledged that Johnson had plagiarized the work of others 40 times and announced that Johnson had been fired, apologizing to BuzzFeed readers. "Plagiarism, much less copying unchecked facts from Wikipedia or other sources, is an act of disrespect to the reader", Smith said. "We are deeply embarrassed and sorry to have misled you."[73] In total, 41 instances of plagiarism were found and corrected.[74] In 2016, claims surfaced of the YouTube channel BuzzFeedVideo stealing ideas and content from other creators.[75] Among the accusers are YouTube users Akilah Obviously, Cr1TiKaL(penguinz0)[76] and JaclynGlenn.[77]

BuzzFeed has been the subject of multiple copyright infringement lawsuits, for both using content it had no rights to and encouraging its proliferation without attributing its sources: one for an individual photographer's photograph,[78] and another for nine celebrity photographs from a single photography company.[79]

Accuracy and reliability[edit]
In October 2014, a Pew Research Center survey[80] found that in the United States, BuzzFeed was viewed as an unreliable source by the majority of people, regardless of political affiliation.[81][82] Adweek noted that most respondents had not heard of BuzzFeed, and many users do not consider BuzzFeed a news site.[83] In a subsequent Pew report based on 2014 surveys,[84] BuzzFeed was among the least trusted sources by millennials.[85][86] A 2016 study by the Columbia Journalism Review found readers less likely to trust a story (originally published in Mother Jones) that appeared to originate on BuzzFeed than the same article on The New Yorker website.[87]

In 2013, Buzzfeed named "My Lips are for Blowing" as one of "21 Awkwardly Sexual Albums"; the Museum of Hoaxes subsequently reported there was no such album and that the image of the album used in the Buzzfeed article had been lifted from a 2010 fictitious album cover design created by a blogger going by the name Estancia de la Ding Dong.[88]

On July 14 2013 Buzzfeed failed a fact check by fact checking website Politifact, by reporting that "a toothbrush and toothpaste may sold to the same customer on Sunday in Providence, Rhode Island.[89]
That's pretty funny considering you're a dipshit who uses RT as a source.

RT has been frequently described as a propaganda outlet for the Russian government[11] and its foreign policy.[12][13][14][15][16][17] RT has also been accused of spreading disinformation[17][18][19] by news reporters,[20][21] including some former RT reporters.[22][23][24]

Last edited:
https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word...d-his-lawyer-to-lie-to-congress-1428061251891

This is the beginning of the end for Trump. If true, 'obstruction of justice by anybody's standards'

Sadly for you...the reporters reporting on this story stated on CNN they haven't seen any actual evidence of this........they just reported it without verifying the information...but thanks for playing....
Because they haven't gotten around to really investigating it dumb ass.

Beyond the fact that you are stupid for beleiving every "source with knowledge" bulshit story we've heard despite 3 years of it never panning out there is the obvious. If Trump , or anyone else for that matter, conspired to get a witness to lie to Congress, that would be illegal, but it wouldn't be "obstruction of justice"

And of course, riddle me this, why have only 7 people been charged with a crime in relation to lying to Congress since WWII, when in fact dozens of people have been caught lying to Congress in just the last year.

Here's the people off the top of my head who most certainly lied to Congress in the last few years, and haven't faced charges yet.

James Comey
Eric Holder
Barrack Obama
Hillary Clinton
Mark Zuckerburg
Andrew McCabe
Sundar Pichai
Peter Strozk
Sally Yates
Loretta Lynch
Susan Rice
James Clapper

That's just right off the top of my head people who have lied to Congress, we all KNOW they lied and no charges.

Hell in the case of James Clapper, he actually orchestrated the NSA breaking into the server of the House Intelligence Oversight Committee and then lied about it when caught and NOTHING was done about it. Can you seriously think of ANYTHING more egregious than a government agency hacking into the computer system of the Congressional oversight committee charged with making sure they follow the rules?
It's obstruction of justice because it relates to Russia. You're an ignoramus.

Trump apologists are always ready to distract to some other topic. Lol!

And speaking of lies, beyond Zuckerburg no one on your list has any confirmed lies. You are the liar for posting that.

LOL EVERY single person on my list is confirmed to have lied to Congress. CONFIRMED

There never was a Trump tower project.
You mean it was never completed?

Because there WAS a deal...complete with a letter of intent
Nope. The Trump Tower project was made up by Lanny Davis who leaked details bit by bit to CNN.

Letter of intent

Big-Cup-of-Shut-The-Fuck-Up_o_94445.jpg
Aside from the fact that we have no idea where this came from, the purpose isn't to build anything. It's an ordinary license agreement to use the Trump name. He has the same license agreement with necktie companies.
Then why did he lie about it? And suborn his attorney to lie about it?

This is very serious. Does not look good for Trump. What do you think?

Yes, IMHO this allegation is very serious, in fact it starts to rise to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors" and brings to mind the goings on in the Nixon Administration during the Watergate scandal.

However, according to the reports it's based solely on testimony from Cohen who has less credibility than Lucifer at this point so it's a "he said, he said" situation UNLESS corroborating evidence surfaces at which point things start to get very dicey for Donny.

No, it's based on more than Cohen. Read through this thread.

Read the story, reportedly the accusation of subornation of perjury is based solely on Cohen's testimony and that is the allegation that rises to a crime.

Law enforcement may be in possession of other direct evidence that corroborates Cohen's claims but so far it hasn't surfaced in the press, if it does then all hell will break loose, I guess we'll have to wait and see what develops.

Whatever the outcome, I suspect that unless strong exculpatory evidence emerges this will be very damaging to President Twitter politically and may completely destroy any chance that he has at re-election.
See post 114.

Read the link.

Oh, wait. It's longer than a tweet.

Read post 114.

You're going to need to start at least a thousand diversionary topics about Hillary now, kid. :lol:

Wow. Everything Cohen did wrong is Trump's fault, right?
Personal responsibility ? Find another job if your boss pressures you to do wrong?
I'm not following his stories with a lot of interest, and I don't think he can "prove" Trump did any of this, so it's just another Trump smear.
Two law enforcement witnesses say differently.

Forum List

Back