Buy American

When hasn't there been income inequality?

Answer: Never.
Lol. Is that an effort to excuse it? We’re headed for a two class system. Rich and poor, as is found in most tyrannical countries.

When income inequality gets out of hand what happens? Revolution, yes?

Lol. Is that an effort to excuse it? We’re headed for a two class system. Rich and poor, as is found in most tyrannical countries.

When income inequality gets out of hand what happens? Revolution, yes?
That's bullshit.

There are more households with a net worth of over a million dollars than ever before and the number is rising.

That's bullshit.

There are more households with a net worth of over a million dollars than ever before and the number is rising.

The pumping has stopped. At least for now. Corporations are not going to be satisfied with not still making record profits.

But it does have to do with the OP.

If there is no compelling reason to pay twice as much for something no one will pay it
The increased price would be far from double. It seems the same as when they said minimum wage couldn't be raised. I don't believe the US should say don't build anything here and just be a service economy. Having better jobs would probably cover the bump in prices.

That's bullshit.

I would bet poverty is rising as well, with little middle class in between. Where I live, more people are waiting in lines for food like we are Soviets.

The increased price would be far from double. It seems the same as when they said minimum wage couldn't be raised. I don't believe the US should say don't build anything here and just be a service economy. Having better jobs would probably cover the bump in prices.
I am talking actual prices not projected prices.

Made in America sneakers can cost well over $200

I can buy high quality running shoes for half that

I would bet poverty is rising as well, with little middle class in between. Where I live, more people are waiting in lines for food like we are Soviets.

the "poverty level" of income is arbitrary

That's bullshit.

I think you need to open your eyes. Millions of Americans suffer in or near poverty. The middle class is shrinking. All while the 1% continues to massively increase their wealth and our government spends our money on war machines, with kickbacks to the two crime families.

It’s a scam the mafia can only dream of.

I am talking actual prices not projected prices.

Made in America sneakers can cost well over $200

I can buy high quality running shoes for half that
The only reason regular shoes are not made for less than 200 in the US, is because we shipped those items elsewhere. With a little support, I'm sure the US could crank out a decent, regular shoe for much less than that. I really don't think we need to punt on making things here.

I think you need to open your eyes. Millions of Americans suffer in or near poverty. The middle class is shrinking. All while the 1% continues to massively increase their wealth and our government spends our money on war machines, with kickbacks to the two crime families.

It’s a scam the mafia can only dream of.

And this has always been true.

When has there not been poverty in any country?

And I was never not able to make or save money because of what some rich guy did.

The problem now is that people have this delusion that all they should ever need to do is work 40 hours a week and with that 40 hours a week should be enough for them to be financially independent.

No one who became wealthy has ever just worked 40 hours a week

This is why the Transit bus industry is limited to two manufacturers now. NovaBus is shutting down US production as of 2025.

That is how the free market is supposed to work. If others can't compete, then they shouldn't be artificially propped up.

And I was never not able to make or save money because of what some rich guy did.

The problem now is that people have this delusion that all they should ever need to do is work 40 hours a week and with that 40 hours a week should be enough for them to be financially independent.

You’re missing the point. The people will not accept poor wages while ever increasing wealth is transferred to the elite. You’d think after the massive transfer of wealth to the top that has occurred since the phony war on terror and Covid scare, all Americans would condemn this.

You’ve chosen to blame the people, when you should blame the 1% and government.

No, they typically worked 80 to 120 hours a week.

I have heard the same claims about many US built musical instruments.
Depending on the industry.
The corrupt U.S. government allows products to have false labeling such as "Assembled in USA" or "Manufactured in the USA" etc. etc. - when these products can be almost entirely made elsewhere.
By law there is only one label that is true - "Made in the USA". In order to have that label the product must either be entirely made of US materials using US labor or no less than 70% US materials and labor.
So even "Made in the USA" can have up to 30% foreign made materials.

Again, nothing to do with what I said.
Sure it did. You said a shoe can be made profitable in the USA selling for less than $50.
That would not be easy... at all. If even possible.
The only way that is possible is so many other things would have to happen first... such as raw materials that are no longer made in the USA at all - or not enough or too expensive.

I have been in the printing industry since 1987.
Flat sheet printing (non publishing) since 1999.
I use to buy all of the paper we used that was made either in the U.S. or Canada. And that was very easy to do back then. Over the years, European companies bought up U.S. mills only to shut them down so they could sell their paper here.
Then came the Chinese by the mid 2000s. They bought up mills and whole paper companies throughout the U.S./Canada and now Europe. Again - only to shut them down to sell their paper.
Today - it is virtually impossible to buy enough U.S. made paper and compete.
And in 2021 - China became the leading manufacturer of paper in the world.
Our corrupt government (BOTH SIDES) are all traitors.

I boycott unions whenever possible.

Thank goodness I live in a Right to Work state where the unions are weak.

Forum List

Back