'Buy American' Rule in Stimulus Bill Sparks Protest

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
obamalama is pissing off the rest of the world :eek: I thought he was supposed to make them love us. wtf?

U.S. businesses and trading partners are resisting a new "Buy American" provision in the $819 billion economic stimulus package making its way through Congress.

The provision, included in the House bill that passed on Wednesday, generally prohibits the purchase of foreign iron and steel for any stimulus-funded infrastructure project.

The goal is to boost the U.S. iron and steel industries, which have been pummeled by the current recession. Shipments in the steel industry, for example, fell 40 percent last year.

'Buy American' Rule in Stimulus Bill Sparks Protest - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com

whatcha gonna do obamalama? make the unions happy? or piss off the rest of the world..???? :lol:

Actually, that's the smartest thing about it all. The intelligent people in the world know that if the American economy fails much of the worlds economy will suffer for it. We need to produce more to make the profits, so spending the money in our own country and making more to export will boost the profits.

Actually, that's the smartest thing about it all. The intelligent people in the world know that if the American economy fails much of the worlds economy will suffer for it. We need to produce more to make the profits, so spending the money in our own country and making more to export will boost the profits.

Apparently our foreign trading partners don't agree.

Meh ... then they aren't too bright are they.

they are irrelevant. stop imports from china! stop imports from arab countries! stop sending our jobs to india! unemployment would be lower! ban international trading!

they are irrelevant. stop imports from china! stop imports from arab countries! stop sending our jobs to india! unemployment would be lower! ban international trading!

Stopping all of it would be just stupid. Trading is the key to profit, not just importing or exporting but both. We aren't producing much of anything now, at least not much that other countries want, and what we do produce is very inferior to what other countries make. So we still need the other countries products until we can produce something that actually has a decent quality again.

I don't like how people protest only buy American, but either way it goes the stimulus package will not boost the economy. The package is just devaluing the money more and more. The amero is coming, our fiat money is about to be international fiat money, sad.

So" What do he do? Piss off the world? Or kiss the union butts? :lol:

If i were obama is piss off the world, and remember he does have to run for 2nd term, so in mist of all of the wrong doing, he will put in minor perks he can use for political peruse, when it becomes campaign season he wants something to brag about as far as working on behalf of the american people.

Neither, if he does what works then he's a good pres, if not then he's another Bush.

oH! so he votes "Not Present" that's typical.. just lay low til the dust clears.. :lol:

Are you really that dense. I made the point that he shouldn't pander to anyone and what they think, instead he should do what is good for the country regardless. You are only looking at it from the limits of "who feels what" instead of the more logical "what works to make it better." That's the problem with America, more interested in American Idol than in actually thinking.

Neither, if he does what works then he's a good pres, if not then he's another Bush.

oH! so he votes "Not Present" that's typical.. just lay low til the dust clears.. :lol:

Are you really that dense. I made the point that he shouldn't pander to anyone and what they think, instead he should do what is good for the country regardless. You are only looking at it from the limits of "who feels what" instead of the more logical "what works to make it better." That's the problem with America, more interested in American Idol than in actually thinking.

Which is exactly what Bush did. And you bitched a blue streak for eight long years. Hypocrite. Thanks...for the memories..

If he does what works he is going to have to piss off somebody. Get it, yet?
How much shit did Bush take for just pissing off people ?

Which is exactly what Bush did. And you bitched a blue streak for eight long years. Hypocrite. Thanks...for the memories..

I did? I wasn't online much for the first 6, what trying to get out of homelessness and all. Also I only came here a short while ago, so even if I had the time to bitch about something during those first 6 how would you have known.

What Bush did was handle the problems poorly, making them worse instead of better. What he didn't do was say sorry. Obama may or may not be a good president, we won't know until he does something, but you want to condemn him before he even acts. Bush had a chance and earned the title of "moronic chimp."

I did? I wasn't online much for the first 6, what trying to get out of homelessness and all. Also I only came here a short while ago, so even if I had the time to bitch about something during those first 6 how would you have known.

What Bush did was handle the problems poorly, making them worse instead of better. What he didn't do was say sorry. Obama may or may not be a good president, we won't know until he does something, but you want to condemn him before he even acts. Bush had a chance and earned the title of "moronic chimp."

Bush has nothing to say "sorry" about. He did what he thought was best. He didn't earn the title of "moronic chimp" that's just something you people of hatred conferred upon him instead of respecting the office and standing with you country.. Now....honey it's my turn. your moronic chimp is at bat. And, I don't like him.
''

Forum List

Back