Buttigieg’s star rises as $1T Biden agenda shifts toward him

Otis Mayfield

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2021
WASHINGTON (AP) — Pete Buttigieg, the transportation secretary who holds the purse strings to much of President Joe Biden’s $1 trillion infrastructure package, was holding forth with reporters on its impact — the promise of more electric cars, intercity train routes, bigger airports — when a pointed question came.

How would he go about building racial equity into infrastructure?

The 39-year-old former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate laid out his argument that highway design can reflect racism, noting that at least $1 billion in the bill will help reconnect cities and neighborhoods that had been racially segregated or divided by road projects.

“I’m still surprised that some people were surprised when I pointed to the fact that if a highway was built for the purpose of dividing a white and a Black neighborhood ... that obviously reflects racism,” he said.

At the White House, staff warmly refer to him as “Secretary Mayor Pete,” and Biden has compared Buttigieg to his late son Beau. The White House celebrated Chasten’s birthday with cupcakes. “You’re the best, man,” Biden said after Buttigieg spoke at the White House over the summer.

Yet in a city laden with ambition, Buttigieg’s potential to move farther onto the national stage can make him a target.

Nina Smith, Buttigieg’s former traveling campaign press secretary, said as Biden’s top lieutenant on the bill, Buttigieg has the opportunity to lead an effort to “eradicate past injustices.” Buttigieg during the 2020 campaign was never able to win over large shares of Black voters.

“That’s an added responsibility that I think he’s very much aware of and making a central part of the work,” said Smith, a Democratic political consultant.

Good to see Buttigieg doing well.

What do you see in Buttigieg's political future?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Pete Buttigieg, the transportation secretary who holds the purse strings to much of President Joe Biden’s $1 trillion infrastructure package, was holding forth with reporters on its impact — the promise of more electric cars, intercity train routes, bigger airports — when a pointed question came.

The 39-year-old former mayor of South Bend, Indiana, and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate laid out his argument that highway design can reflect racism, noting that at least $1 billion in the bill will help reconnect cities and neighborhoods that had been racially segregated or divided by road projects.

“I’m still surprised that some people were surprised when I pointed to the fact that if a highway was built for the purpose of dividing a white and a Black neighborhood ... that obviously reflects racism,” he said.

At the White House, staff warmly refer to him as “Secretary Mayor Pete,” and Biden has compared Buttigieg to his late son Beau. The White House celebrated Chasten’s birthday with cupcakes. “You’re the best, man,” Biden said after Buttigieg spoke at the White House over the summer.

Yet in a city laden with ambition, Buttigieg’s potential to move farther onto the national stage can make him a target.

Nina Smith, Buttigieg’s former traveling campaign press secretary, said as Biden’s top lieutenant on the bill, Buttigieg has the opportunity to lead an effort to “eradicate past injustices.” Buttigieg during the 2020 campaign was never able to win over large shares of Black voters.

“That’s an added responsibility that I think he’s very much aware of and making a central part of the work,” said Smith, a Democratic political consultant.

The way progressives are acting like the Communists of the 1930s Germany, the only thing i see of the political left is ...

Graphic Image removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Buttigeu will be getting millions $$$$ thrown into his and his husband's bank accounts...it's rico, bribery, and treason really.

I never Hall Monitor here......BUT.............................Could a mod please move this to Comedy section please. It is up for comedy thread of the year

This will expose Buttigig's incompetence.

So if a few years we will find out how this money was misspent and the government will need more because they wasted so much.

The roads being racist sounds like more Democratic Party attempt to divide the nation.

Mr. Buttigieg is on "paternity leave" playing father with his bum buddy and (hopefully) the midget actor the fellows hired to play their "son".

He might have opportunities to pass out plums to political allies, but he isn't taking them.

Now he has to pump his breast milk
Yuk...

tenor (1).gif

Is this the same Pete Buttplug who said bridges are racist?

Anyone want to assess his job performance?

He went out paternity leave and then he said roads are racist.

What else?

Sheep, can you help me out?
Do you think it is wise to mention sheep and Pete in the same post? Sheep are getting nervous

Forum List

Back