Butthurt - a standard US word but pretty sick

Hi everyone. I live in Europe and am always amazed at how the word "butthurt" is thrown around by normal people in normal conversations in US forums.

"You're just butthurt...blah blah blah"

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that would really refer to having been anally penetrated right? You dont get butthurt by sitting on a sofa, do you?

It is actually pretty gross.

Why do you use it? Is anal sex so common in the US that everybody is getting butthurt on a regular basis? :biggrin:

The whole point of this word is to avoid actually talking about subjects properly. The people who use this word seem to take pleasure out of being partisan hacks without any original thought of their own, and often when confronted by ideas that aren't convenient, they use this word.

The same as "fake news" and other such tactics that bound around these boards on a daily basis, and the people think they're being intelligent or something.

There are a WHOLE lot of words that could be used. At least this one is not vile and vulgar. Yet, anyone that thinks on it, or are quick witted, and figure it out pretty fast....like immediately.

There are plenty of tactics people could use, and yet they use this one which is "vile and vulgar", but hey, if you think it means something nice and innocent, then by all means, continue to think it means something nice and innocent.

What the word means, and where it came from are two different things. Why do you think someone's butt hurts?

So..you don't want to say WHERE in Europe you are?

England calls cigarettes FAGS. I could make fun of that, but I will refrain.
Gracie I'd prefer not to say more about my location but it's not a country where English is spoken as a first language, so I'm sure you'd find plenty to laugh at.
I've just always found butthurt to be too graphic.
I like Missourian's explanation.

I'm going to envisage a bawling kid in the future. Ha!

Hi everyone. I live in Europe and am always amazed at how the word "butthurt" is thrown around by normal people in normal conversations in US forums.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but that would really refer to having been anally penetrated right? You dont get butthurt by sitting on a sofa, do you?

Why do you use it? Is anal sex so common in the US that everybody is getting butthurt on a regular basis? :biggrin:

The whole point of this word is to avoid actually talking about subjects properly. The people who use this word seem to take pleasure out of being partisan hacks without any original thought of their own, and often when confronted by ideas that aren't convenient, they use this word.

The same as "fake news" and other such tactics that bound around these boards on a daily basis, and the people think they're being intelligent or something.

There are a WHOLE lot of words that could be used. At least this one is not vile and vulgar. Yet, anyone that thinks on it, or are quick witted, and figure it out pretty fast....like immediately.

There are plenty of tactics people could use, and yet they use this one which is "vile and vulgar", but hey, if you think it means something nice and innocent, then by all means, continue to think it means something nice and innocent.

What the word means, and where it came from are two different things. Why do you think someone's butt hurts?

Oh stop trying to argue with me.

That is what I always thought.
But I like Missourian's explanation. I'm going with that to save my sanity on this forum. :laugh:

Sorry. This is not a true Introduction thread...of which I apologize in taking part in. I am moving it to General Discussion.
@Linkaloo You may start another Intro thread, and can find this one in General Discussion.
I didn't mean it to be an Introduction thread. I didn't know where it belongs and thought the Lounge was for everything that wasn't politics as such. :biggrin:

No harm, no foul...

Gracie I'd prefer not to say more about my location but it's not a country where English is spoken as a first language, so I'm sure you'd find plenty to laugh at.

Wales then? Haha, actually, don't tell me, I'd never tell anyone where I was from, simply because there are too many unpleasant people on the internet.

M'kay. :dunno:

Europe is mighty big, so I don't know why you would be hesitant to say. Oh well.
And if you think butthurt is too graphic...methinks you might be in the wrong board, lol. There is much much worse here. Don't stray too far from your safe place.

That is what I always thought.
But I like Missourian's explanation. I'm going with that to save my sanity on this forum. :laugh:

Don't worry about your sanity going from visual images, you'll go crazy just from every topic being ruined by people using such tactics in place of an argument.

Europe is mighty big, so I don't know why you would be hesitant to say. Oh well.
And if you think butthurt is too graphic...methinks you might be in the wrong board, lol. There is much much worse here. Don't stray too far from your safe place.

You tell one person, another person can find out. Even saying they're from Europe is putting yourself on dangerous ground as there will be those who, instead of making an argument, will say something like "you're from Europe, you don't get an opinion".

Wales then? Haha, actually, don't tell me, I'd never tell anyone where I was from, simply because there are too many unpleasant people on the internet.
:lol: Not Wales either.....
I find that the net can get very small when someone decides to dislike you and since I post in some more contraversial threads too, I don't want to be harassed.

You tell one person, another person can find out. Even saying they're from Europe is putting yourself on dangerous ground as there will be those who, instead of making an argument, will say something like "you're from Europe, you don't get an opinion".
That happens already.

"You live in California? Yer a fucking lib. Die in a quake, bitch". :lol:

Exactly! Suddenly because you live somewhere you have disqualified yourself from something or other....

I find that the net can get very small when someone decides to dislike you and since I post in some more contraversial threads too, I don't want to be harassed.
Just a heads up. Staff here frowns on links to other competition. So, the one you put up might be a no no.

I dunno. I might be getting butthurt cuz you think Americans are sick for using that term. I'll have to muse on it. ;)

Don't worry about me. You'll note my profile isn't all that new. I was just curious as to that specific word and it kinda grossed me out. But thanks to Missourian, I'm all better.

Just a heads up. Staff here frowns on links to other competition. So, the one you put up might be a no no.
What links? Not doing that. I was talking about threads here.

Forum List

Back