But Britain has gun control, right? How did we miss this story about gun crime in Britain?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
And here we have from December a story about sweeps for guns in gang territory.....in Britain? No....say it aint so...this is just not possible...they confiscated guns...they banned guns....right?

but....British cops don't carry guns...right? Is that why they are arming more and more of them...because their criminals use pillows and not guns for crime....?

Police to start armed patrols in London's gang crime hotspots

Scotland Yard is deploying armed patrols in gang crime neighbourhoods this week in a tough crackdown on youth violence.

Marksmen in armed response vehicles are being targeted to wards with high gang tensions and the highest number of gun discharges in the capital.

The move is part of a week long initiative to tackle a surge in gun discharges and gang crime offences in London.

Wow...even British teenage thugs like fully automatic weapons.....

The move comes amid concern about the number of teenage homicides in London this year and a resurgence in gang activity.

In another drive against firearms in the week after the Paris atrocity, police seized 17 guns - including a fully loaded Mac-10 machine gun found hidden in a house in north London, it was revealed today.

But.....they have gun control.....everything our anti gun loons want here.....right?

Detective Chief Superintendent Kevin Southworth, in charge of the Trident and Area Crime Command, said : “This is a week of intensive activity to deter and disrupt criminals carrying firearms and to reassure the public that we are doing all we can. We are running this in tandem with a drive against knife crime.

“The whole point is to stop people hiding guns, this could be a life saved in the gang world or it could be a firearm laid down for an extremist operation.”

How are they hiding guns that don't exist...right?

I would start a new thread with this but it covers elements already posted before...

London violent crime surges amid gang turf wars – study

Violent crimes, including shootings, stabbings and rape, are on the rise in London and the south-east of England amid fears gangs are more aggressively defending their turf.

Murders in England and Wales went up 14 percent in the year ending in September, with attempted murders going up 29 percent. Knife crime and firearms offences rose by 9 and 4 percent respectively.

Overall, violent offences went up by 27 percent as London and the south-east witnessed a surge in killings with 75 people being murdered in June alone.

------

The figures from the Office of National Statistics come as police warn of increasingly ruthless behaviour by criminal gangs in and around the capital.

The youngsters are more likely to carry knives and to resort more quickly to violence,” Andy Simon, a former police officer who leads an anti-violence initiative in London told the Independent.

United Kingdom - 48 Homicides with guns a year
United States - 11,101 gun homicides a year

I can see why you like ancedotes and percentages... the raw numbers suck for you, Dick Tiny.

imrs.php

I can see why you like ancedotes and percentages... the raw numbers suck for you, Dick Tiny.

imrs.php

And I would say that Britain is where the United States was at going from the 1950s and 1960s...where our young thugs were more into using knives than guns...that changed in the 1960s....when we passed more gun control laws..and our gun murder rate sky rocketed....

Now they have confiscated guns and have extreme gun control...and their social welfare system has created generations of young men raised by baby mommas...with no adult males role models to teach them how to be men......

British culture can no longer civilize these young men...and their gun crime rate is going to go up.......

Why do American criminals pull the trigger on their victims more....since British criminals get guns easily too......and the thugs in this article aren't even the higher level criminals....these are teenagers they are after....

imrs.php

While you're more likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the U.S. where a firearm is involved, the overall rate of violent crime in the U.S. is half of that in the U.K.

With gun restrictions making it harder to obtain private weapons in the UK, violent crimes involving guns have greatly decreased. The number of total violent crimes, however, is almost double that of the US.

Violent Crime: The US and Abroad - Criminal Justice Degree Hub

imrs.php

While you're more likely to be a victim of a violent crime in the U.S. where a firearm is involved, the overall rate of violent crime in the U.S. is half of that in the U.K.

With gun restrictions making it harder to obtain private weapons in the UK, violent crimes involving guns have greatly decreased. The number of total violent crimes, however, is almost double that of the US.

Violent Crime: The US and Abroad - Criminal Justice Degree Hub

Yes...which again points to my question...why don't British criminals commit murder more often? Our criminals do not have to kill....but they do....I think Britain is heading in that direction.....as is Europe.....and since the normal people are disarmed...the killing will be horrible...

imrs.php

So this is all about tiny dicks? We'll get to that later. But first -- a message to your tiny brain.. When you chart GUN-RELATED murder rates --- the countries where EVEN THE F-ing cops don't have guns are gonna be lower.
Whether you do that by percentages or per capita or any other normalized number.

BUT --- when you look at just MURDER RATE totals (gun or no gun) -- that's the statistic that really matters doesn't it? The dead don't really care what was used to murder them..

article-2313942-19760F04000005DC-310_634x523.jpg

Source ---- UK Daily Mail..

Go ahead.. Add up all those UK parts. You'll find that MURDER RATES in UK are equal to or GREATER than in the USA for MOST of those years. If you find a table of numbers behind those graphs, you'll see I'm right.

Now about this dick - gun connection ---- You tend to believe that folks own weapons as a compensation for dick size. But what you don't take into account is guys like me who own guns and have rather large wangers also have a brain large enough to realize that waving your wanger at an assailant is futile and likely to aggravate the attacker. So the size of your wanger will not be a factor in the outcome. Now -- in your case -- waving a TINY wanger at the assailant COULD BE effective as the attacker might be laughing too hard at you to carry thru with the attack. OR -- just take pity on you..

So the moral of this story is --- bad-ass knives and cricket bats are just as effective in keeping your national murder rate high.. And attacks fended off by huge wangers are negligible..

imrs.php

So this is all about tiny dicks? We'll get to that later. But first -- a message to your tiny brain.. When you chart GUN-RELATED murder rates --- the countries where EVEN THE F-ing cops don't have guns are gonna be lower.
Whether you do that by percentages or per capita or any other normalized number.

BUT --- when you look at just MURDER RATE totals (gun or no gun) -- that's the statistic that really matters doesn't it? The dead don't really care what was used to murder them..

article-2313942-19760F04000005DC-310_634x523.jpg

Source ---- UK Daily Mail..

Go ahead.. Add up all those UK parts. You'll find that MURDER RATES in UK are equal to or GREATER than in the USA for MOST of those years. If you find a table of numbers behind those graphs, you'll see I'm right.

Now about this dick - gun connection ---- You tend to believe that folks own weapons as a compensation for dick size. But what you don't take into account is guys like me who own guns and have rather large wangers also have a brain large enough to realize that waving your wanger at an assailant is futile and likely to aggravate the attacker. So the size of your wanger will not be a factor in the outcome. Now -- in your case -- waving a TINY wanger at the assailant COULD BE effective as the attacker might be laughing too hard at you to carry thru with the attack. OR -- just take pity on you..

So the moral of this story is --- bad-ass knives and cricket bats are just as effective in keeping your national murder rate high.. And attacks fended off by huge wangers are negligible..

Wow....well said.......thank you.....

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Actually -- I made an error above.. You would not ADD up all those regional rates.. You would take an average of them for the UK.. So the UK tracks UNDER the USA by about 3 to 1.. But it is NO WHERE NEAR the exaggeration in your original bar chart when you ONLY look at GUN homicides and not total murder rates..

And if you take out police homicides and gang warfare -- there'd probably be little difference.
Want to disarm gangs in America? Be my guest.. Shake em down.. You know who they are..

burn-notice-season-4-premiere.jpg

imrs.php

where is Brazil? Venezula? Iraq? Iran? Syria? ME? Pakistan? bad chart.

imrs.php

Keep in mind the vast majority of crimes, including gun homicides, are committed by minorities. Something the UK and other European countries lack compared to the US. Idaho gun ownership rates are about as high as it gets, yet they have the lowest gun violence.

But, you have an Agenda. Don't let such facts get in the way.

Point is, Tiny one, that they STILL Have a much lower rate than we do... because they don't let folks have guns, that's the point, Little Fellow.

It appears you are bad at Math... Those numbers on your chart are rates, not totals. If you add them all up, they end up somewhere in the MIDDLE. The UK on AVERAGE has a murder rate of a little less than 2 per 100,000 compared to our six per 100,000. You see, if you didn't suck so bad at, well, math and understanding demographics, you'd know that the areas with the higher rates - N. Ireland and Scotland- are also sparsely populated. They represent less than 10% of the UK's population. Averaged out,, the number is closer to the number for England, where most people in the UK actually live.

Of 33,000 gun deaths in the US, according to the FBI, only 200 of those are civilians killing people in acts of "Justifiable homicide". About 800 of those are cops shooting "suspects" (i.e. black people who scared them really bad) and the rest are homicides and suicides and the ever so fun accident where little Timmy finds dad's gun and subtracts from his number of playmates.

So obviously, if your dick measuring skills are up there with your statistical skills, I suspect it truly is a tiny matter.

But I rarely try to argue math with gun nuts... you guys are immune to math. Guns are a way of life, to overcome your "shortcomings".

Keep in mind the vast majority of crimes, including gun homicides, are committed by minorities. Something the UK and other European countries lack compared to the US. Idaho gun ownership rates are about as high as it gets, yet they have the lowest gun violence.

But, you have an Agenda. Don't let such facts get in the way.

Actually, that's not really true. Of 16,000 homicides, only 1800 a year are "gang related". So why you can comfort yourself in thinking the darkies are the ones eliminating each other... the fact is, it's more likely to be someone you know.

Actually -- I made an error above.. You would not ADD up all those regional rates.. You would take an average of them for the UK.. So the UK tracks UNDER the USA by about 3 to 1.. But it is NO WHERE NEAR the exaggeration in your original bar chart when you ONLY look at GUN homicides and not total murder rates..

And if you take out police homicides and gang warfare -- there'd probably be little difference.
Want to disarm gangs in America? Be my guest.. Shake em down.. You know who they are..

But that's the point, the US has FIVE TIMES the murder rate of the UK because guns are so easy to get.

But I give you credit for admitting your mistake..

But that's the point, the US has FIVE TIMES the murder rate of the UK because guns are so easy to get.

But I give you credit for admitting your mistake..

How do you explain Mexico's violent murder rate being twice that of the United States despite having stricter gun laws?

Forum List

Back