BUSTED: Trump Caught On Tape Supporting Iraq War In 2002

He said in '03 and '04 he opposed it. In one (1) year a lot of things change. I was for the war as well (regret to say that) but when I found out it was a sham when no WMD's were found I quickly realized we were lied to and opposed it. Nothing to see here. Just another "gotcha" that falls flat on merit

So, you understand why Hillary was also initially for the war - until she also found out it was a "sham"?

Hilary was also against gay marriage before she was for it, she waffled on NAFTA, big bank bailouts, etc...are you sure you want to go this road?

Deflect much? Just try to concentrate on thread topic. It ain't that hard...

The topic is pathetic when put in context to the list of democrats who were in favor of going into iraq.
You dont get to pick and choose who you call out on it.

Yeah, sparky, but the thread is about Trump's lying hypocrisy. Concentrate...

I say we change to hilarys hypocrisy and lying about iraq.

BUSTED: Hillary Clinton caught supporting the Iraq war in a floor speech in congress. All leftists are now showing integrity and dropping Mrs. Bosnia Clinton.

And before you say it, if you think it an issue that Trump kinda supported the war, guess what, I am not voting for the loon unless he is running against the person who truly supported and encouraged the Iraq war, Mrs. Bosnia Clinton.

How about you?

You fail miserably Lakhota. The Stern interview is September of 2002.

The invasion of Iraq happened about March of 2003. In between were all the hearings, inspections, etc.

Trump was asked if he was for invading Iraq 6 months before it happened and he said “I....guess....so....I wish we’d done it correctly the first time..”

There was OBVIOUS reluctance in his voice. After hearing that, I’d absolutely not be surprised at all that he opposed it six months later.

Facts are terrible things.

It is a fact that Colin Powell said he was perhaps willfully given bad intel that the intell people already knew was bad intel.

In 2002, Donald Trump Said He Supported Invading Iraq

“Are you for invading Iraq?” Howard Stern asked him, and Trump answered, “Yeah, I guess so.”

For months, Donald Trump has claimed that he opposed the Iraq War before the invasion began — as an example of his great judgment on foreign policy issues.

But in a 2002 interview with Howard Stern, Donald Trump said he supported an Iraq invasion.

In the interview, which took place on Sept. 11, 2002, Stern asked Trump directly if he was for invading Iraq.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Trump responded. “I wish the first time it was done correctly.”

Trump has repeatedly claimed that he was against the Iraq War before it began, despite no evidence of him publicly stating this position. On Meet the Press, Trump said there weren’t many articles about his opposition because he wasn’t a politician at the time.

“Well, I did it in 2003, I said it before that,” Trump said of his opposition to invading Iraq. “Don’t forget, I wasn’t a politician. So people didn’t write everything I said. I was a businessperson. I was, as they say, a world-class businessperson. I built a great company, I employed thousands of people. So I’m not a politician. But if you look at 2003, there are articles. If you look in 2004, there are articles.”

Trump’s comments on Stern are more in line with what he wrote in his 2000 book,The America We Deserve, where he advocated for a “principled and tough” policy toward “outlaw” states like Iraq.

“We still don’t know what Iraq is up to or whether it has the material to build nuclear weapons. I’m no warmonger,” Trump wrote. “But the fact is, if we decide a strike against Iraq is necessary, it is madness not to carry the mission to its conclusion. When we don’t, we have the worst of all worlds: Iraq remains a threat, and now has more incentive than ever to attack us.”

Trump, asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper at a town hall on Thursday about the Stern interview, said, “I could have said that.”

More: In 2002, Donald Trump Said He Supported Invading Iraq

So, Trump was for the Iraq war before he was against it - and now we have proof. However, he will simply spin it away and his supporters will eat it up.

Bwahahaha.....that is hilarious.....so now his supporters who have been defending doofus Bush can call him (Trump) a "liar".......and continue to lap up his pie-in-the-sky promises.....you can't make this shit up!:eek:

Forum List

Back