Bush's Folly

Its not just this.. democracy has been on the decline in Russia for some time while bush has been turning a blind eye. He then decided to put missiles in Poland thinking that Putin would say, Hell yeah ole buddy ole pal... Missiles in eastern europe has been a sore point for years... I thought bush studied history in college between coke and beer bong 101.

Did anyone catch the little blurb in the press last week where Russia was contemplating putting missiles in Cuba...

You idiots out there need to stop looking at foreign policy as a worldwide big dick contest...

Democracy never really took hold in Russia, IMO, so it really hasn't had far to decline. I didn't realize that that was also Bush's fault. Good to know.

Foreign policy isn't a "worldwide big dick contest", but it's naive to think that an aggressor like Russia is going to respond to anything that doesn't have the threat of force, veiled or otherwise, behind it. That's not to say that we have to use it, but they need to believe that we are willing. If a bully keeps stealing your lunch money, do you just give it to him? Do you pay him more to leave you alone? Or do you punch him in the nose so he'll understand that you're not easy pickings?

Again this was all part of the ceasefire agreement....

Another part of the ceasefire agreement was full disclosure of weapons programs, which Saddam didn't comply with.

Along with various other ceasefire agreements that Saddam breached?

What didn't he disclose? The ones we didn't disover when we invaded?

This was no justification. Bush's invasion was naked aggression and his supporters are on the wrong side of history.

so he made a mistake listening to the ones who promoted it----just like the democrats and the media did ? :lol:

Now you're just playing word games. My intent was very clear. Bush's mistake in invading and occupying a foreign country without just cause has given license to others and made US less safe.

This was no justification. Bush's invasion was naked aggression and his supporters are on the wrong side of history.

Well, except for the 24 million Iraqis who are now free to map out their own political futures, of course.

You long for the good ol' days of Saddam, don't you?

Now you're just playing word games. My intent was very clear. Bush's mistake in invading and occupying a foreign country without just cause has given license to others and made US less safe.

I didn't get that memo----where does it say everyone can just invade countries willy nilly now ?

Talk about splitting hairs!!!! Russia. Soviet Union. Same animal.

Does the form of government make any difference?

The Soviet Union was an authoritarian state. Russia claims to be a democratic one.

Regardless, Bush's actions have given license to others to act without restraint.

The Soviet Union was an authoritarian state. Russia claims to be a democratic one.

Regardless, Bush's actions have given license to others to act without restraint.

Now, if you'd said Jimmy Carter's actions gave others license to act without restraint, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Cowardice always encourages bullies to act.

got a copy of that memo yet ?

Well, except for the 24 million Iraqis who are now free to map out their own political futures, of course.

You long for the good ol' days of Saddam, don't you?

Not to mention the estimated four million that are now free of their homes and the one million who are free of their lives.

Not to mention the estimated four million that are now free of their homes and the one million who are free of their lives.

You mean the refugees that are returning home?

I admit it's sad that civilians were killed, but you seem to be saying that Bush's actions are worse for Iraq than Saddam's, and that's just nonsense. Besides, I think your numbers are wrong.

Yes, worse. Hussein made no prtense to the idea of an individuals right to life. America on the other hand claims to defend the right of every person.

Show me the calculation where is shows that taking innocent peoples lives for your political goals is justified.

As for people returning home, a great many will never return home because heir neighborhood have been ethinically cleansed. Even if they can return to their homes, many return to ruined or looted homes.

To claim this was justified is imoral.

He didn't allow unfettered access....

The one million dead is NOT proven, In fact the Government of Iraq has a MUCH smaller number. Lets see who to believe, the Government that controls birth certificates and the Hospitals or some Lancet Study shown to be so full of holes as to worthless?

The one million dead is NOT proven, In fact the Government of Iraq has a MUCH smaller number. Lets see who to believe, the Government that controls birth certificates and the Hospitals or some Lancet Study shown to be so full of holes as to worthless?

For some, they will believe whomever makes Bush look worse.

Forum List

Back