Bush to attend convention of oldest Black Organization in the country...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by insein, Jul 15, 2004.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yea just like that racist, hatemonger Bush to reach out to members of the Black community that actually wish to change Black people's lives for the better.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,125754,00.html

For info on the Urban League...
    http://www.nul.org/about/mission.htm

This is a true Black Organization that is trying to empower Blacks by teaching them to educate themselves. They also reach out to all parties and not just pandering to the one. They have also invited John Kerry to speak at their Convention. More proof of the disgrace that the NAACP has become.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

Excellent! When I was majoring in Sociology, back ahem! The Urban League was more than willing to help with data they thought census missed. At the same time they were Cosby like, earlier. Urban League cares about Blacks getting their share! But not a handout or give away. The old 'teach a man to fish...'

3. krisy

krisy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I for one was glad to hear Bush had the balls to say no. I'm tired of seeing Politicians pander to something they don't believe in. They are obviously a partisan group,and will never support a Republican-so why bother? Their comments about black people that support Bush are rascist as well. They shouldn't even be taken seriously until they can be a hell of a lot more partisan. I'm glad there are organizations like the urban league out there that can give the U.S. some hope of an undivided country.

4. TTTiger20

TTTiger20 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    All I can say to that is "DITTO" . The only reason they wanted GW to speak is so they would get publicity on tv. The real people don,t have the same views. Honestly, its just Jessie Jackson, Al Sharpton, Kwasi Infume making money anyway, off of the people they claim to be helping!!!!!!

5. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    William Joyce's prediction is that Bush II will receive less than 10 percent of the black vote in November --- and less than he received in 2000, which was less than Bush I.

Bush II will also receive a similarly paltry share of the Hispanic vote that he thinks will save the GOP.

Point: Republican pandering to minorities won't work because racial identity won't ever go away. To them, Republicans are the party of whites. That's it. The conservative fantasy that blacks and Hispanics are all going to shed their athletic gear and don slacks and bow ties and start voting Republican is foolish and destructive. What Republicans need to start doing is addressing the needs of WHITE Americans: stopping immigration, getting rid of affirmative action, clamping down on the violent criminal attacks on whites, lowering taxes, creating jobs here at home and delivering an America-first foreign policy.

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Possibly true ,however I don't think the Dem ticket (two whiteys with ties) has much appeal to them either