Bush or Obama: The Quiz

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mudwhistle, Nov 9, 2009.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,186
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here's a quiz I want everyone to take but especially the Liberals here. Please post your answers. When I get enough responses I'll post the answers and the source:

Bush or Obama: The Quiz

By Randall Hoven

1. President Bush was famous for lacking "intellectual curiosity," while President Obama has been called "the smartest guy ever to become President." Who reads more books: Bush or Obama?

2. Bush was often considered to be in the grip of Big Oil. In contrast, Obama is a Harvard-educated lawyer. Which industry contributed more than five times as much as the other to politicians: the oil & gas industry, or lawyers/law firms?

3. Bush's Christian faith was at the core of his political identity, and he was considered to be in the grip of the "religious right," while Obama is considered more open-minded. In fact, Obama has said, "my faith is one that admits some doubt." Which one refers to Jesus more in public speeches?

4. Bush was criticized for excessive federal spending and running up huge deficits. Bush's deficit in 2008 was the largest in history. In fact, President Obama said,
    It's a little hard for me to take criticism from folks about this recovery package after they've presided over a doubling of the national debt ... What I won't do is return to the failed theories of the last eight years that got us into this fix in the first place.
    Whose deficit was more than triple the size of the other's: Bush's in 2008 or Obama's in 2009?

5. While Obama criticized Bush for "a doubling of the national debt," the federal debt held by the public went from 35.1% of GDP in 2000 to 40.8% of GDP in 2008 -- an increase of 16% as of fraction of GDP. What is it expected to be in 2016 under Obama's budget plan?

6. Obama criticized Bush for Guantanamo, military tribunals, wiretaps, troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and "signing statements." Which one of these Bush practices has Obama ended?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  2. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    I don't see any trick questions. Obama gets hosed. Palin would have done better.

3. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,214
    I want to know who called Obama "the smartest guy ever to become president." I would think Woodrow Wilson would hold that title. Maybe WH Taft.

4. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

5. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,186
    It's also fun to see the comments.

There's alot of false information out there....and alot of it comes from the Obama Administration.

6. Charles Stucker

Charles Stucker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Answer:
    Barak Hussein Obama

7. PeterS

PeterS Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +71

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Darkwind

Darkwind Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,262

9. CindyInKentucky

CindyInKentucky Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ya'll must be really bored. :cuckoo:

10. Dr Grump

Dr Grump Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,220
    1. President Bush was famous for lacking "intellectual curiosity," while President Obama has been called "the smartest guy ever to become President." Who reads more books: Bush or Obama?

Says who? And how do you know who reads the most books?

2. Bush was often considered to be in the grip of Big Oil. In contrast, Obama is a Harvard-educated lawyer. Which industry contributed more than five times as much as the other to politicians: the oil & gas industry, or lawyers/law firms?

To which politicians? Dem or Repub?

3. Bush's Christian faith was at the core of his political identity, and he was considered to be in the grip of the "religious right," while Obama is considered more open-minded. In fact, Obama has said, "my faith is one that admits some doubt." Which one refers to Jesus more in public speeches?

Who counts? Is there a list somewhere stating how many times each has said the word in speeches? Link?

4. Bush was criticized for excessive federal spending and running up huge deficits. Bush's deficit in 2008 was the largest in history. In fact, President Obama said,
    It's a little hard for me to take criticism from folks about this recovery package after they've presided over a doubling of the national debt ... What I won't do is return to the failed theories of the last eight years that got us into this fix in the first place.
    Whose deficit was more than triple the size of the other's: Bush's in 2008 or Obama's in 2009?

Link

5. While Obama criticized Bush for "a doubling of the national debt," the federal debt held by the public went from 35.1% of GDP in 2000 to 40.8% of GDP in 2008 -- an increase of 16% as of fraction of GDP. What is it expected to be in 2016 under Obama's budget plan?

Do tell? And what is Obama's budget plan?

6. Obama criticized Bush for Guantanamo, military tribunals, wiretaps, troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and "signing statements." Which one of these Bush practices has Obama ended?[/QUOTE]

None.