Bush or Obama: The Quiz

Oh my, Bush's eight years of brilliant administration, with it's many foreign and domestic policy successes definately established his intellectual bona fides. His great and stirring speechs, eloquent use of the language is an inspiration to all of us.

Sure, Mud, ol' Bushie is the man!

Why am I not surprised to see responses like this.
What you all cried about for 8 years, Obama is doubling down on and you all defend him like he is a defensless child.

I love it BEST when you guys defend Obama when he is forced to admit that he did not read a bill beforte he signs it....yet you ALL screamed "OBAMA,OBAMA, YES WE CAN...when he siad he would read each bill and go through them with a scapel.

The lobbyists? You all cheered the man when he siad "no more lobbyists in the WH"....yet you defend his decision to hire some when he siad "no policy is 100%"

Truth is...the man played on the theory that the American People are gullible.....and he was correct...and now he is playing on the theory that the AMerican People are too dumb to realize when they are being lied to.

And, again he is correct.

LMAO...you guys are pathetic....

The 'lobbyist' thing is one of my favorites. From the man whose own website says 'no lobbyists in the Obama administration'.... he currently employs 17.

Mmm mmmm mmmm

Actually....my favorite was the bowing to the king thing.

I did not care that he bowed to the king.

But I laughed when he had Axelrod put out a statement saying "he did not bow to the king, he was simply bending over to shake his hand"...

That was Obama saying..."DO not believe your own eyes.....only believe what I tell you"

And ther people on this board defended him...ignoring the fact that he thinks they are idiots.

Why am I not surprised to see responses like this.
What you all cried about for 8 years, Obama is doubling down on and you all defend him like he is a defensless child.

I love it BEST when you guys defend Obama when he is forced to admit that he did not read a bill beforte he signs it....yet you ALL screamed "OBAMA,OBAMA, YES WE CAN...when he siad he would read each bill and go through them with a scapel.

The lobbyists? You all cheered the man when he siad "no more lobbyists in the WH"....yet you defend his decision to hire some when he siad "no policy is 100%"

Truth is...the man played on the theory that the American People are gullible.....and he was correct...and now he is playing on the theory that the AMerican People are too dumb to realize when they are being lied to.

And, again he is correct.

LMAO...you guys are pathetic....

The 'lobbyist' thing is one of my favorites. From the man whose own website says 'no lobbyists in the Obama administration'.... he currently employs 17.

Mmm mmmm mmmm

But I laughed when he had Axelrod put out a statement saying "he did not bow to the king, he was simply bending over to shake his hand"...

That was Obama saying..."DO not believe your own eyes.....only believe what I tell you"

And ther people on this board defended him...ignoring the fact that he thinks they are idiots.

Better we should have a president that holds hands with a king.

bush_hand_holding.jpg

Mmm mmmm mmmm

Better we should have a president that holds hands with a king.

bush_hand_holding.jpg

Trouble reading?

I said...." I did not care that he bowed to the king."

I care about a President that believes he can convince you that he did NOT do something that was caught on film.

Imagine how he pulls the wool over your eyes with things that are NOT on film.

A liar is a liar....and Obama not only lies, but he has made it quite clear that if he is caught in a lie, Americans are too stupid to realize it or gullible enough to accept the lie as truth.

Here's a quiz I want everyone to take but especially the Liberals here. Please post your answers. When I get enough responses I'll post the answers and the source:

Bush or Obama: The Quiz

By Randall Hoven

1. President Bush was famous for lacking "intellectual curiosity," while President Obama has been called "the smartest guy ever to become President." Who reads more books: Bush or Obama?

I think Obama--although Bush do have more time on his hand.
How can you verify the answer?

2. Bush was often considered to be in the grip of Big Oil. In contrast, Obama is a Harvard-educated lawyer. Which industry contributed more than five times as much as the other to politicians: the oil & gas industry, or lawyers/law firms?

Lawyers of course. Politics is just part of their profession. Kind of like how reverands and nuns spend more of their time in "works of compassion" than other professions including Doctors and nurses.

3. Bush's Christian faith was at the core of his political identity, and he was considered to be in the grip of the "religious right," while Obama is considered more open-minded. In fact, Obama has said, "my faith is one that admits some doubt." Which one refers to Jesus more in public speeches?

I say Obama--trying to convince people that he is not a muslim. Nice try BO--but we right thinking Americans know that you are a secret Jihadist!!

4. Bush was criticized for excessive federal spending and running up huge deficits. Bush's deficit in 2008 was the largest in history. In fact, President Obama said,
It's a little hard for me to take criticism from folks about this recovery package after they've presided over a doubling of the national debt ... What I won't do is return to the failed theories of the last eight years that got us into this fix in the first place.
Whose deficit was more than triple the size of the other's: Bush's in 2008 or Obama's in 2009?

Wait--do we count the Bank bailouts--because if we do, then it could be a tie? Bush and Obama both wanted that!!

5. While Obama criticized Bush for "a doubling of the national debt," the federal debt held by the public went from 35.1% of GDP in 2000 to 40.8% of GDP in 2008 -- an increase of 16% as of fraction of GDP. What is it expected to be in 2016 under Obama's budget plan?

89%--but hey. Deficits does not matter, right?

6. Obama criticized Bush for Guantanamo, military tribunals, wiretaps, troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and "signing statements." Which one of these Bush practices has Obama ended?

None, of course. Why should left-wing fanatics be honorable after the right wing fanatics convinced their side that there is nothing wrong with their actions?

Last edited:
I want to know who called Obama "the smartest guy ever to become president." I would think Woodrow Wilson would hold that title. Maybe WH Taft.

Actually--that statement was made abot Hoover with good reason. He was a very highly guarded scholar and became Wealthy though his engineering abilities. In fact, Hoovers ideas on worker safty were instrumental to the forming of OSHA several decades later. Also was the first to expand the census in order to take in account how the citizens lived in America. FDR ended up getting the report, but it was bleak before the market crash.

Unfortunately--the Great Depression struck under him thus ruin Hoover's image. I still think that when you compare educational backgrounds and experience, Hoover towers over the other presidents.

Answers:

1. President Bush was famous for lacking "intellectual curiosity," while President Obama has been called "the smartest guy ever to become President." Who reads more books: Bush or Obama?

Answer:
Bush. Obama started reading a book in April and had not finished it by June, putting him on a pace of no more than ten books per year. Bush read forty to ninety-five books a year while President, not counting a new and complete reading of the Bible every year. Bush scored 1206 on his SAT, putting his IQ in the 125-130 range, smarter than 95% of the population and in the company of Lincoln, Rousseau, and Thackeray. He graduated from Yale and earned an MBA from Harvard. Obama earned a law degree from Harvard, but has not released any of his academic records. Despite what you might have heard, we know nothing of his IQ, test scores, or grades from any of the schools he attended.

2. Bush was often considered to be in the grip of Big Oil. In contrast, Obama is a Harvard-educated lawyer. Which industry contributed more than five times as much as the other to politicians: the oil & gas industry, or lawyers/law firms?

Answer:
Law firms. In the 2010 cycle so far, Lawyers/Law Firms have contributed $33,779,866 (81% to Democrats), and the Oil & Gas industry has contributed $6,293,631 (34% to Democrats). In the 2008 cycle, the numbers were $233,499,989 (76% to Dems) from lawyers and $35,564,322 (23% to Dems). In all, lawyers contributed about six times more to politicians than the Oil & Gas industry.

3. Bush's Christian faith was at the core of his political identity, and he was considered to be in the grip of the "religious right," while Obama is considered more open-minded. In fact, Obama has said, "my faith is one that admits some doubt." Which one refers to Jesus more in public speeches?

Answer:
Obama. Per Eamon Javers at Politico, "As president, Barack Obama has mentioned Jesus Christ in a number of high-profile public speeches -- something his predecessor George W. Bush rarely did in such settings."

4. Bush was criticized for excessive federal spending and running up huge deficits. Bush's deficit in 2008 was the largest in history. In fact, President Obama said,
It's a little hard for me to take criticism from folks about this recovery package after they've presided over a doubling of the national debt ... What I won't do is return to the failed theories of the last eight years that got us into this fix in the first place.
Whose deficit was more than triple the size of the other's: Bush's in 2008 or Obama's in 2009?

Answer:
Obama's 2009 deficit, the largest in U.S. history. It was more than three times that of Bush's record 2008 deficit. Per the Congressional Budget Office, the 2008 deficit was $455 B, and the 2009 deficit was $1,417 B. As a fraction of GDP, it was the largest deficit since 1945.

5. While Obama criticized Bush for "a doubling of the national debt," the federal debt held by the public went from 35.1% of GDP in 2000 to 40.8% of GDP in 2008 -- an increase of 16% as of fraction of GDP. What is it expected to be in 2016 under Obama's budget plan?

Answer:
The CBO expects the debt held by the public to be 77.1% of GDP in 2016 under Obama's plan, or an increase of 89% as a fraction of GDP, and the highest level since 1950.

6. Obama criticized Bush for Guantanamo, military tribunals, wiretaps, troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and "signing statements." Which one of these Bush practices has Obama ended?

Answer:
None.
Guantanamo is still open and probably will be into 2010, maybe longer.
Obama is keeping military tribunals and clandestine wiretapping programs.
Obama plans to keep most troops in Iraq until the summer of 2010. Even then, he is talking of keeping about 50,000 troops there (compared to about 124,000 now). The number of US troops in Afghanistan increased from 37,000 in January 2009 to 62,000 by August 2009, and Obama is expected to send over 30,000 more. Total number of US troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan has increased under Obama so far (from about 184,000 in January to 186,000 in September).
Obama has used signing statements himself.

American Thinker: Bush or Obama: The Quiz
YouTube - Obama's IQ on the Don Imus Show; Mike Beschloss Typical Arrogant Liberal Pseudo-intellectual Clown
http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc10708/11-9-09MBR.pdf
Top Industries | OpenSecrets

There are some problems with you answer

For instance, number one is stating what has occured recently--what about through their life times?

Also, one could scan the words of a book and not really digest the authors intentions nor message while another would not consider he read the book unless he understood all the ins and outs of the concepts in the book.

Next, who to say that Obama is not a micromanager and Bush is a hands off type a person. Depending on the personality type, one would constantly feel compell to put down a book due to some percieve emergency whil the other may let his subordinates take care of any problems until he hads finishing doing what he is interested.

Last but not least, How do we know that the answer you provided is true and not propaganda? In this age of high risk politics, the least of informatio can be shaped-shifted to ones puprose(Casting either president in a better light than the other) or a flat out lie.

That is most of the problems with number one. I probably could think of others.

Yeah, I didn't think the left would answer honestly.
How can you honestly answer a dishonest question?

Obama criticized Bush for using signing statements to alter the effect of the law - not for signing statements in and of themselves. So the question includes a dishonest editing of the Obama statement - that reveals dishonesty in an effort to promote an agenda.

The assembly of dishonest "questions" doesn't merit honest consideration.

Ask HONEST questions and perhaps you can provoke some honest answers.

I don't know.....sounds kindof dishonest if you ask me.:doubt:

Forum List

Back