Bush is stupid....

You do not navagate a Healthcare Bill as far as he has without street smarts.
He has brought health care reform closer to a reality than Carter, Regan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

He did it by working the street and compromising.

The bill is not perfect but it is heading in the right direction.

Who's navigated this bill???? It certainly hasn't been obama. The Senate threw everything against the wall to see what would stick.

Obama let congress work untill they stalled and he came in and provided the leadership when it appeared they could find a compromise to move forward.

Without his leadership it would not have happened.

The far left Democrats vowed they would not vote for a bill that did not have a government option. With Obama's leadership they did vote for a bill without a government option.

You do not navagate a Healthcare Bill as far as he has without street smarts.
He has brought health care reform closer to a reality than Carter, Regan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

He did it by working the street and compromising.

The bill is not perfect but it is heading in the right direction.

Who's navigated this bill???? It certainly hasn't been obama. The Senate threw everything against the wall to see what would stick.

Obama let congress work untill they stalled and he came in and provided the leadership when it appeared they could find a compromise to move forward.

The far left Democrats vowed they would not vote for a bill that did not have a government option. With Obama's leadership they did vote for a bill without a government option.

You are talking about the bribes, right? How about the threat of closing a key military base in Nebraska, yep that IS a sign of good leadership for this country.

You are talking about the bribes, right? How about the threat of closing a key military base in Nebraska, yep that IS a sign of good leadership for this country.

Oh yeah, but that never happened.

Nelson sounds conflicted on health reform

A lie will go around the world before the truth has its shoes on.

Oh yeah, but that never happened.

Nelson sounds conflicted on health reform

A lie will go around the world before the truth has its shoes on.

I suppose the Medicare exemption for the next...I mean forever played no roll in it. If Nelson was sincere in what he stated, there would have been no need for a bribe that he recieved. The people of Nebraska are outraged about that, and the Govenor, and the people don't want it. Might be political suicide for him when his term is up. I've read both sides of the base closure, and I do tend to agree with you on that....but with politics and rahm's tactics....I'm not 100% sure.

Exactly...whether it was the carrot or the stick is unimportant...the bottom line is THAT'S NOT LEADERSHIP.

Mankind has been using the carrot or stick method to either cajole or bully donkeys to bow to our demands since the dawn of civilization...not what I would call 'street smart' or leadership by any stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Exactly...whether it was the carrot or the stick is unimportant...the bottom line is THAT'S NOT LEADERSHIP.

Mankind has been using the carrot or stick method to either cajole or bully donkeys to bow to our demands since the dawn of civilization...not what I would call 'street smart' or leadership by any stretch of the imagination.

And to claim that Obama is doing it anymore than any other administration/congress is incredibly naive.

And to claim that Obama is doing it anymore than any other administration/congress is incredibly naive.

Mudd was talking obama's leadership, so you are kinda deflecting aren't you?
Also known as an epic fail with obama and his leadership

I don't particularly care what Mudd was talking about. I'm talking about this faux outrage against this so-called "bribery", while ignoring the fact that it has been the only way our government has functioned for the last 50 years.

I don't particularly care what Mudd was talking about. I'm talking about this faux outrage against this so-called "bribery", while ignoring the fact that it has been the only way our government has functioned for the last 50 years.

When your talking about 1/6 of our economy on a boondoggle, there is nothing "faux" about it.
Everyone knows this isn't going to work right, and at what cost....1/6 of our economy. Try and fix it, how much will that add to the cost? Nope, nothing "faux" about the outrage with the bribes.

When your talking about 1/6 of our economy on a boondoggle, there is nothing "faux" about it.
Everyone knows this isn't going to work right, and at what cost....1/6 of our economy. Try and fix it, how much will that add to the cost? Nope, nothing "faux" about the outrage with the bribes.

I'm not talking about your opinion of the healthcare bill. I'm talking purely about the technicalities of how it was passed, which is par for the course.

I'm not talking about your opinion of the healthcare bill. I'm talking purely about the technicalities of how it was passed, which is par for the course.

I'm talking about your technicalities, obama's leadership abilities, and the mess called a healthcare bill, and the lack there of all 3.

Just a follow up on the technicalities as usual, where has there been a never ending bribe given as the one given to the state of Nebraska????

I'm talking about your technicalities, obama's leadership abilities, and the mess called a healthcare bill, and the lack there of all 3.

Except for the technicalities, your opinion of both the healthcare bill and your opinion of Obama's leadership abilities have no basis in a discussion of facts.

Except for the technicalities, your opinion of both the healthcare bill and your opinion of Obama's leadership abilities have no basis in a discussion of facts.

Please refer to post #54. That's not an opinion...that is a cold hard fact that is undeniable

Please refer to post #54. That's not an opinion...that is a cold hard fact that is undeniable

The state of Alaska pays everyone who lives there. Wonder why?

Ask Don Young.

USATODAY.com - Alaska thanks you

I don't have many examples of "bribery" on the national level, since I don't work in Federal politics. I do, on the other hand work in New York State and City politics, and I could give you a thousand examples from NYS.

The state of Alaska pays everyone who lives there. Wonder why?Ask Don Young.

I don't have many examples of "bribery" on the national level, since I don't work in Federal politics. I do, on the other hand work in New York State and City politics, and I could give you a thousand examples from NYS.
I already know.....it's not the tax payers funding the kickback to Alaskans....it's the oil companies that are flipping the bill.

The point is, President Barack Obama is not stupid, not an idiot, and he cannot destroy the country. This union is NOT that fragile.

You may now resume shaving your back.

The Republic has been deteriorating for decades. Obama, Pelosi and Reid are just another set of goons sent to destroy it, just like Bush. They'll eventually succeed.

BTW, I can't reach my back very well. Do you mind shaving it for me?

The right has been claiming the country is falling apart every since I can remember, all the way back to the 50's. So far, they have been wrong.

Actually, the right is very good at being wrong. I think it's the only thing they are really good at, unless you count running the country into the ground as an achievement.

Every time the right comes into power, they mess up the country. Then the Democrats have to pull the bacon out of the fire and all the time they do, the right complains.

They are anti everything. Anti US, anti science, anti common sense. However, they are really, really good at predicting disaster. Except, usually, they are the cause of the disaster. Do self predicting disasters count?

The state of Alaska pays everyone who lives there. Wonder why?Ask Don Young.

I already know.....it's not the tax payers funding the kickback to Alaskans....it's the oil companies that are flipping the bill.

Not quite. Money that should be going to the federal government, which does go to the federal government in every other state, instead gets mailed to everyone in the state, because of things put into bills by Don Young, the chair of the House Infrastructure and Transportation Committee.

My point is, if you put 25 people in a room and give them power - let alone 535 - they'll find a way to profit from it. Ben Nelson wasn't offered a "bribe" for his vote - he DEMANDED it. This is how politics works.

Forum List

Back