Bush is stupid....

I'll humor your deflection.

Horse-trading over health scars Obama

The deals struck to win support for his key healthcare reform have damaged the president as the fall in his popularity ratings shows

Perhaps most dangerously, the healthcare feuding has made a mockery of Obama’s repeated pledges to mend what he used to call “the broken system in Washington”.

Obama owed his primary victory over Hillary Clinton in no small part to his depiction of the former first lady as one of “the Washington players [who] play the same old Washington game”. In his stump speech he routinely declared: “It’s time to end business-as-usual in Washington so we can bring about real change for the American people.”

Horse-trading over health scars Obama - Times Online
So was Obama full of crap then or is he a hypocrite now?

I vote both.

Last edited:

The deals struck to win support for his key healthcare reform have damaged the president as the fall in his popularity ratings shows

Perhaps most dangerously, the healthcare feuding has made a mockery of Obama’s repeated pledges to mend what he used to call “the broken system in Washington”.

Obama owed his primary victory over Hillary Clinton in no small part to his depiction of the former first lady as one of “the Washington players [who] play the same old Washington game”. In his stump speech he routinely declared: “It’s time to end business-as-usual in Washington so we can bring about real change for the American people.”

I vote both.

Probably both. It's the same as ever - rhetoric vs. reality. No different from any other President, ever.

The state of Alaska pays everyone who lives there. Wonder why?Ask Don Young.

USATODAY.com - Alaska thanks you

I don't have many examples of "bribery" on the national level, since I don't work in Federal politics. I do, on the other hand work in New York State and City politics, and I could give you a thousand examples from NYS.
I already know.....it's not the tax payers funding the kickback to Alaskans....it's the oil companies that are flipping the bill.

Not quite. Money that should be going to the federal government, which does go to the federal government in every other state, instead gets mailed to everyone in the state, because of things put into bills by Don Young, the chair of the House Infrastructure and Transportation Committee.

My point is, if you put 25 people in a room and give them power - let alone 535 - they'll find a way to profit from it. Ben Nelson wasn't offered a "bribe" for his vote - he DEMANDED it. This is how politics works.

I need to see your link to this. The feds get their money from the oil companies, and the Alaskans pay their share to the feds. This is a in state tax on the oil companies, it has nothing to do with feds.

I already know.....it's not the tax payers funding the kickback to Alaskans....it's the oil companies that are flipping the bill.

Not quite. Money that should be going to the federal government, which does go to the federal government in every other state, instead gets mailed to everyone in the state, because of things put into bills by Don Young, the chair of the House Infrastructure and Transportation Committee.

My point is, if you put 25 people in a room and give them power - let alone 535 - they'll find a way to profit from it. Ben Nelson wasn't offered a "bribe" for his vote - he DEMANDED it. This is how politics works.

I need to see your link to this. The feds get their money from the oil companies, and the Alaskans pay their share to the feds. This is a in state tax on the oil companies, it has nothing to do with feds.

Did you read the link I posted? It's all there.

Still though, not the point.

Congressional politics in Washington is disgusting. The partianship has never been worse.

Senators from both parties use their power to do what is best for them number one and their constituents number 2 and I am not sure doing what is best for the nation is on their radar.

Democratic Senator Nelson sold out and the offer made by the Senate leadership was disgusting. That was not Obama.

To have health reform without a government option and not one Republican vote is based on ridiculous partianship not what is best for the country.

In the middle of the sewer that is our congress, Obama has done a good job holding his ethics. It is not easy.

Congressional politics in Washington is disgusting. The partianship has never been worse.

Senators from both parties use their power to do what is best for them number one and their constituents number 2 and I am not sure doing what is best for the nation is on their radar.

Democratic Senator Nelson sold out and the offer made by the Senate leadership was disgusting. That was not Obama.

To have health reform without a government option and not one Republican vote is based on ridiculous partianship not what is best for the country.

In the middle of the sewer that is our congress, Obama has done a good job holding his ethics. It is not easy.

You do have your opinion, and I have mine.
I do have to question who is really running this country?

I don't know if the Average American is stupid, or not. What I do know is that they have knowledge of who's being voted off the island, who is still in the the running for American Idol, or who won the last dance contest. These are the same people who couldn't tell you who is the vice president.
These are the same people who won't read an article in the newspaper, but will formulate their opinion on a headline. I think this is the everyday American.

not to change the subject but did you hear Simon Cowl may not be back next year?.....:eek:

You do not navagate a Healthcare Bill as far as he has without street smarts.
He has brought health care reform closer to a reality than Carter, Regan, Bush, Clinton and Bush.

He did it by working the street and compromising.

The bill is not perfect but it is heading in the right direction.

Who's navigated this bill???? It certainly hasn't been obama. The Senate threw everything against the wall to see what would stick.

gotta agree....but if you suck the guys ass....like some guys in here do....he is responsible for the Sun coming out....Obamas not stupid,just VERY inexperianced,and it shows....the seasoned Congresspeople play this guy like a fiddle........

Obama understands those who oppose him. That is why he has overcome most who have opposed him.
Obama understands different cultures. That explains his success internationally.

he does?.....so thats why this country is so united.....i was wondering why that is....

bottom line Elmer....the guy aint no leader.....and this country could sure use one about now....

Obama let congress work untill they stalled and he came in and provided the leadership when it appeared they could find a compromise to move forward.

Without his leadership it would not have happened.

The far left Democrats vowed they would not vote for a bill that did not have a government option. With Obama's leadership they did vote for a bill without a government option.

Geezus you are DEEP in the Sphincter.....the far left was not the problem....they see this guy like you do....the Moderate and Conservative Dems is who this guy was loseing.....and still may....

Obama understands those who oppose him. That is why he has overcome most who have opposed him.
Obama understands different cultures. That explains his success internationally.

he does?.....so thats why this country is so united.....i was wondering why that is....

bottom line Elmer....the guy aint no leader.....and this country could sure use one about now....

I'm still trying to figure out just what kind of success we've had internationally. N. Korea and Iran are shooting rockets just to defy obama. China, Russia, and India aren't on board with the Copenhagen Treaty. Chavez is laughing in obama's face with politics. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.

Last edited:
The right has been claiming the country is falling apart every since I can remember, all the way back to the 50's. So far, they have been wrong.

Actually, the right is very good at being wrong. I think it's the only thing they are really good at, unless you count running the country into the ground as an achievement.

Every time the right comes into power, they mess up the country. Then the Democrats have to pull the bacon out of the fire and all the time they do, the right complains.

They are anti everything. Anti US, anti science, anti common sense. However, they are really, really good at predicting disaster. Except, usually, they are the cause of the disaster. Do self predicting disasters count?

you know Dean between you and your twin Zona i dont know who puts forth more Bullshit.....all i know is when either one of you guys post its time to put the boots on....

I'm seeing a troubling trend lately -- people claiming President Obama is stupid and an idiot, while the whole time asserting he's "destroying the country."

You simply can't make that argument. It's exactly like:

"Bush is stupid but he planned and executed 9/11"

"Bush is stupid but as it turns out, his college grades were better than Kerry's"

"Bush is stupid but he was able to steal the 2000 election."

"Bush is stupid but he still beat the best guy we could put up in 2004."

"Bush is stupid but he tricked us into war"

And so on. It cannot be both.

The point is, President Barack Obama is not stupid, not an idiot, and he cannot destroy the country. This union is NOT that fragile.

You may now resume shaving your back.

You would have a point if Rove wasn't running the country.

Oh and dumb or not, we still went to war for WMD's and lost over 3000 of our people because of this lie.

I'm still trying to figure out just what kind of success we've had internationally. N. Korea and Iran are shooting rockets just to defy obama. China, Russia, and India aren't on board with the Copenhagen Treaty. Chavez is laughing in obama's face with politics. I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
because your not a FAR leftist like Midcant,Zona, Dean....and apprently Elmer...

Oh and dumb or not, we still went to war for WMD's and lost over 3000 of our people because of this lie.

Democrat Quotes on Iraq Weapons of Mass Destruction

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
--President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."
--Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
--Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
Letter to President Clinton, signed by:
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
-Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
-- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."
Letter to President Bush, Signed by:
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), and others, Dec 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
-- Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
-- Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
-- Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"
-- Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
-- Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
-- Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
-- Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Democrat Quotes on WMD

Damn liars.

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face."

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
-- Democratic Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, and others, Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies."

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do"

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."

Democrat Quotes on WMD

Damn liars.

but what you dont understand Missouri.....is they were going to get him by talking him and his sons to death.....all they had to do was send albright over there....they would have ran for the hills.....

Please refer to post #54. That's not an opinion...that is a cold hard fact that is undeniable

The state of Alaska pays everyone who lives there. Wonder why?Ask Don Young.

USATODAY.com - Alaska thanks you

I don't have many examples of "bribery" on the national level, since I don't work in Federal politics. I do, on the other hand work in New York State and City politics, and I could give you a thousand examples from NYS.

Well, to quote a common comeback used by conservatives, "Who do you think winds up footing the bill for that in the long run?"

I vote both.

Until the influence of lobbyists is seriously regulated, THEY are the ones who dictate how this country is run. Obama was naive to think the K Street Army would just roll over and die. He could have used a little support for that cause, but didn't get it from either party.

Lobbying Database | OpenSecrets

Democrat Quotes on WMD

Damn liars.

Bush listened to politicians instead of the intelligence specialists who told them there was no proof of WMD. It shows what an absolute idiot he was.

Forum List

Back