Bush & Chavez at the Sumit of the Americas

The ClayTaurus said:
Did you just see him in concert?

I saw him on my 18th birthday at the L.A.Forum, that was almost 34 years ago. I've seen various versions of his band since then. . .about 10 more times. I really don't like what he is doing now. It may be smart marketing but playing backup to a bunch of low talent but popular front clowns isn't what I want to here. My favorite version of Santana was from the third album, that was when he added Neal Schon. Their guitar duels are still some of the finest ever recorded imo.

I took your advise and downloaded a few of the bands that you mentioned Clay, they were more interesting than the C-rap that is most popular but I still don't get the talking. . . .rapping. What's the point, why do I want to listen to someone talk over good music about nothing?

I think that Linkin Park is about as close as I will get to listening to rap and that is only because they have a guy that actually sings.

sitarro said:
I saw him on my 18th birthday at the L.A.Forum, that was almost 34 years ago. I've seen various versions of his band since then. . .about 10 more times. I really don't like what he is doing now. It may be smart marketing but playing backup to a bunch of low talent but popular front clowns isn't what I want to here. My favorite version of Santana was from the third album, that was when he added Neal Schon. Their guitar duels are still some of the finest ever recorded imo.

I took your advise and downloaded a few of the bands that you mentioned Clay, they were more interesting than the C-rap that is most popular but I still don't get the talking. . . .rapping. What's the point, why do I want to listen to someone talk over good music about nothing?

I think that Linkin Park is about as close as I will get to listening to rap and that is only because they have a guy that actually sings.

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing

Very few words, mostly instrumental, and most are just samples from 60's 70's soul.

It's one of my favorite hip-hop albums, and I'm shocked I forgot to recommend it to you. PM me if you are interested on details to get it, I can help you out.

Do you live near Houston by any chance?

And no offense, but the guy from Linkin Park can't really be considered "singing" (come on now ;))

The reason Linkin Park is so successful, IMO, is the production, Mr. Hahn and Mike Shinoda process the shit out of their songs to make them sound so clean and tight.

Huckleburry said:
Y'all,
I am bit confused by the Castro comment. Arn't conservatives also supposed to be political realists. From a realist perspective positioning Russian nukes on Cuba was a clever move. After several failed assasination attempts, and a failed coup Castro should have tried to secure his nation and himself against further attack. Nuclear deterence, especially short and medium range nuclear weapons did just that. I will point out that after the Cuban missile crisis the United States has been content to leave Cuba well enough alone. For a bunch of hard nosed conservatives you all seem to lack the constitution to play in the real arena. i.e. I try to assisnate you, you point nuclear weapons at me and threaten obliteration. You may dislike Castro for personal reasons (although as conservatives he is actually right up your ally) but you can not hate him for political reasons. He acted as he should have, in his own self interest, this is a cornerstone of conservative political thought. How can you hate a guy who plays by your rules and wins? In short...Don't hate the player hate the game.... :eek:

You are obviously too young to understand how insane it was for Russia to bring missles to Cuba much less Nukes, those were very different times.

Imagine a time where there were very few television channels, many didn't even have a TV. No 24 hour newschannels, no MTV, Elvis was King, the Beatles were just forming, no internet. . . no computers!. My family had a tiny black and white set that we were able to watch the Beatles on in 64. Hard to fathom in todays world of overly endulged kids and greedy nonthinking workaholic parents.

Your post is typical of how history is looked at today with today's eyes and no perspective of what was happening at the time. Are you going to criticize the bombing of Hiroshima next?

I remember the drills that you have never had to go through. Our teachers showed us how to use our desks as a shield if a nuclear attack hit us...????? I remember that asshole Krushgeve pounding on the podium at the UN with his shoe threatening the U.S. with the statement "we will bury you"! The underground bomb shelters advertised in magazines. Pretty scarry stuff for a kid. Today we worry about terrorist attacks and the deaths of a few million, back then we worried about the destruction of the world.

It was insane for Russia to try to move nukes 90 miles off of our coast.

Castro should be have been paranoid with the amount of relatives of the people he killed wanting to kill him. Go to Miami and talk to some Cubans about Castro, hear what they have to say about the monster that the historically challenged of today have remade into a cultural icon.

Do you really believe the crap that you write? Have you made it out of high school yet? Are you a college professor? The cornerstone of conservative thought? :blah2:

Forum List

Back