Bush at his Dumbest

jimnyc said:
I think his background may have offered him benefits that others may not have access to. But, he took the tools given to him and made a success of himself. There are MANY wealthy people of influence who don't rate too high in my opinion (some athletes, actors...). I have also witnessed quite a few without 2 cents to their name graduate with honors from their educational institutions.

He could have just as easily sat back with a few initial companies and slept easily through life. He chose to get the education, to run companies, to run for political office & then to run for President.

Wait a second, his contacts in the oil business were from his father. He basically had the job handed to him. Not to mention that one of his businesses was unsuccessful. He ran for governor, again, on his dad's appeal. Again, I'm not saying he's an idiot, but the success that you're citing as support for his intelligence does not a true justification.

liberalogic said:
Wait a second, his contacts in the oil business were from his father. He basically had the job handed to him. Not to mention that one of his businesses was unsuccessful. He ran for governor, again, on his dad's appeal. Again, I'm not saying he's an idiot, but the success that you're citing as support for his intelligence does not a true justification.
and Lincoln didn't care for his father. Gained no access to any venues from that man. He also failed many more times than he succeeded, so what is your point?

jimnyc said:
You still need to be smart to graduate from an Ivy league school. You need to be smart to run a business.

YOu do not need to be smart to graduate from an Ivy league college. They do give out C's. And how successful has Bush been in business?

jimnyc said:
You may not like him or agree with him, but you don't accomplish the things he has unless you're above average on the intelligence level.

Or you have contacts and were born with silver spoon in mouth, have a father and grandfather who laid the groundwork and you piggyback on their successes.

jimnyc said:
I don't recall hearing any of them stating they had an issue dealing with him or his intelligence.

Because that would be such a good thing to do and all - insult the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet. They are called diplomats for a reason Jim.

jimnyc said:
I think his life is evidence of his intelligence. He HAS graduated from an Ivy league school. He HAS owned various companies. He HAS been successful in his political career. He WAS elected President of the USA, because of his background.

That's right, because of his background. Not his educational background, or his work background, but his family background. When he first went for the GoP nomination for the 2000 presidency I said to anybody who would listen that he would win, not because of his education, governorship of Texas or business acumen (sic), but because had a $25 million warchest and the Bush name. I have not seen anything in the past six years to change my mind as to why he got elected. You also forget Jim that a lot - A SHITLOAD - of people voted against Gore and Kerry, as opposed to being for Bush,

jimnyc said:
He's human. He's not immune to mistakes. The only people I see perceiving him as you state is the foaming at the mouth far left, and I'm not sure I want them as any gauge to someone's intelligence.

I am not far left. The only people I see thinking he is above average intelligence are the rabid right....:eek:

Kathianne said:
and Lincoln didn't care for his father. Gained no access to any venues from that man. He also failed many more times than he succeeded, so what is your point?

So he failed on his own rather than failing after having been given a tremendous advantage.

liberalogic said:
So he failed on his own rather than failing after having been given a tremendous advantage.
So why should anyone at anytime, pay attention to a failure?

jimnyc said:
He could have just as easily sat back with a few initial companies and slept easily through life. He chose to get the education, to run companies, to run for political office & then to run for President.

I think he did exactly that - sit back - until he found god...then he started using his name...and voila....

Dr Grump said:
Says a lot about the person. But it isn't so much the fact they failed, it's the why, how, and what they did afterwards...
and GW, like Lincoln has accomplished much since his 'rebirth'. I'm not keen on reborn anything, personally think it's one long journey, but heh, I'm RC. I think GW has his high and low points, before being POTUS and during.

Kathianne said:
and GW, like Lincoln has accomplished much since his 'rebirth'. I'm not keen on reborn anything, personally think it's one long journey, but heh, I'm RC. I think GW has his high and low points, before being POTUS and during.

He has accomplished nothing on his own. He ran an oil company into the ground IN TEXAS, messed up his baseball team and has botched, IMO, of course, everything he's touched as President. Each time he was bailed out by daddy's friends' money.

The man rises to the level of his incompetence.

Kathianne said:

Fair enough...

jillian said:
He has accomplished nothing on his own. He ran an oil company into the ground IN TEXAS, messed up his baseball team and has botched, IMO, of course, everything he's touched as President. Each time he was bailed out by daddy's friends' money.

I still think he is amiable enough....just shouldn't be in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth (IMO of course)...:teeth:

Dr Grump said:
I still think he is amiable enough....just shouldn't be in charge of the most powerful nation on Earth (IMO of course)...:teeth:
Reagarding this and your last post. I think GW is the right person for 9/11 and aftermath. I hope the following POTUS is more strong and focused. I really don't care which party, but I do think we will already be in the midst or teetering on the edge of a world war. His dithering now is causing major problems, that will have to be dealt with, in a way that many on the left cannot imagine.

Kathianne said:
Reagarding this and your last post. I think GW is the right person for 9/11 and aftermath. I hope the following POTUS is more strong and focused. I really don't care which party, but I do think we will already be in the midst or teetering on the edge of a world war. His dithering now is causing major problems, that will have to be dealt with, in a way that many on the left cannot imagine.

Dithering? GW is dithering?

jillian said:

yes if this moron had not been able to cheat and steal two elections we would have mr kerry?...tell me of the great mr kerry by comparison?....seems to me all he did was marry coyote ugly rich.....

Kathianne said:
So why should anyone at anytime, pay attention to a failure?

Everyone fails in their lives. But there is a huge difference between failing on your own, after starting from nothing, and failing when you have everything at your fingertips. Failure from nothing shows effort, failure when having everything shows incompetence.

Dr Grump said:
YOu do not need to be smart to graduate from an Ivy league college. They do give out C's. And how successful has Bush been in business?

You don't think you need to be smart to earn a C at one of the nations top universities? Sorry, but you MUST have intelligence to garduate, whether it be a C average or with honors.

How successful has he been in business? I'll allow his income records and stocks to speak for themselves. And lastly, he is currently running the largest business in the world. Sure, you'll say he's unsuccessful, but how many have held this position before?

Or you have contacts and were born with silver spoon in mouth, have a father and grandfather who laid the groundwork and you piggyback on their successes.

It certainly wasnt his fault that his family had contacts & money. That doesn't change the fact that he went forward nonetheless and has been a success.

Because that would be such a good thing to do and all - insult the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet. They are called diplomats for a reason Jim.

Other than looney left, not many are making this ludicrous intelligence claim.

That's right, because of his background. Not his educational background, or his work background, but his family background. When he first went for the GoP nomination for the 2000 presidency I said to anybody who would listen that he would win, not because of his education, governorship of Texas or business acumen (sic), but because had a $25 million warchest and the Bush name. I have not seen anything in the past six years to change my mind as to why he got elected. You also forget Jim that a lot - A SHITLOAD - of people voted against Gore and Kerry, as opposed to being for Bush,

Tis your opinion why he got elected. And you can't blame those democrats that ran away as fast as they could when they saw their candidates.

I am not far left. The only people I see thinking he is above average intelligence are the rabid right....:eek:

I'm saying the man is not dumb. He is intelligent. I don't think he's Einstein but he's more than competent enough to lead our country.

manu1959 said:
yes if this moron had not been able to cheat and steal two elections we would have mr kerry?...tell me of the great mr kerry by comparison?....seems to me all he did was marry coyote ugly rich.....

Have I ever been one of those to say he "stole" two elections? Regardless of the election results, politics is politics and the discussion is kind of unproductive at this point except insofar as we move toward verified voting in the future.

And your comment has what to do with the fact that Bush has never, despite having everything handed to him on a silver platter, succeeded at anything he took on?

I actually feel kinda bad for the guy. I feel like he's spent his life trying to be as good as Jeb and impress his daddy and never quite made it. Daddy Bush even calls Bill Clinton "son". :happy2:

Forum List

Back