BURGER KING Explains Net Neutrality

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
The repeal of Net Neutrality is a hot topic in America, but it can be very difficult to understand. That’s why the BURGER KING® brand created WHOPPER® Neutrality, a social experiment that explains the effects of the repeal of Net Neutrality by putting it in terms anyone can understand: A WHOPPER® sandwich...

They did a bang up job. I think I'll be getting a WHOPPER this week.

The repeal of Net Neutrality is a hot topic in America, but it can be very difficult to understand. That’s why the BURGER KING® brand created WHOPPER® Neutrality, a social experiment that explains the effects of the repeal of Net Neutrality by putting it in terms anyone can understand: A WHOPPER® sandwich...

Or walk out and buy a cheap burger at McDonalds down the street.

Or walk out and buy a cheap burger at McDonalds down the street.
Sounds good on paper, but anyone over the age of 7 understands that ISPs are typically scarce in any given locale.

Meaning, folks don't usually have much choice in who they have as their Internet providers.

Are you 6, or 5?

Exactly!
If you use 10 times the band width as the typical customer, you shouldn't have to pay any more.
100 times more, so what?

Maybe a better example would have been charging the same total price whether you buy 1 Whopper,
or 5 Whoppers or 10 Whoppers.......

Actually net neutrality is easy to explain. Treat all data equally. The fact that AT&T is asking Republicans to write new laws on net neutrality shows that thery are worried about it coming back.

Forum List

Back