Build.

We should build windmills and sell them, someone said that would fix the economy near instantly.

I think the Don Quixote liberals should steer clear of the windmills, thank you...

I just think it's fascinating that the Chinese are in the market to buy them, and you think we should absolutely not sell them any.

You should concentrate on what I say and not what you want me to say...

I said nothing about selling windmills to China...

Do you have a link stating China is "in the market for windmills"?

Guess you missed the shake off the crust part.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

And when you come back..you can let me know..in no uncertain terms.

Why the Chinese are kicking our asses.

China is "beating your asses" because of cheap credit. There are whole cities being built, but guess what... no one lives in them... about 10 a year are built.

Ordos, China: A Modern Ghost Town - Photo Essays - TIME

The property "boom" is a huge bubble that makes the US property bubble look like a small wart.

Also China has much cheaper labour and better educated at that. Slave labour does that to an economy...

Now if you want to go to the lowest denominator, then by all means turn the US into China 2.0, but then you have to kiss that free market democracy good bye since you need to be able to hit down hard on dissenters and protests.

Naw.

That's what the world doesn't get.

While sometimes we need a sputnik moment.

We have the best and the brightest in this country.

We always kick ass.

And we always will.

:clap2:

Very Cool --- Sallow has a cogent moment. How does it feel to be part of the solution??

It's not an easy sell -- but we've got to do it....

Forget building the wind turbines themselves. Let's figure out how to make solar/wind coexist on the existing gridlines. When wind power is on for 20 minutes and off for the next hour --- some smart fortune cookie needs to develop a method of smoothing that burpy power spike or wind ain't gonna be nothing but a toy..

The Danish actually use the windpower spikes to pre-boil water for steam turbines. Not efficient -- but we could do better couldn't we?

Got to stop thinking yesterday and start thinking tomorrow... I'm thinking about creating a politcal forum artifical intelligience training buddy. Would boost nearly every looney poster to the abilities of Nancy Pelosi...

Seriously?

China Is Leading the Race to Make Renewable Energy - NYTimes.com

Emerging Green Technology Poses Threat Of Trade Wars

They are trying to make them all themselves but have been importing from Europe for a little while now. That could have been us and it could still be us, as the demand in China is currently exceeding the supply in China.

But again, hey, you don't want to do this ... why?

Seriously?

They are trying to make them all themselves but have been importing from Europe for a little while now. That could have been us and it could still be us, as the demand in China is currently exceeding the supply in China.

Sell away, fuckchop...

The topic was "build" as in "for use here"... Send them all over the globe if you want, but it's not working too well here...

If there's a market for US companies to build and send to China, then go gangbusters...

But from your articles, it looks like China is taking care of their own demand...

We should build windmills and sell them, someone said that would fix the economy near instantly.

Look up Evergreen Solar that ended up costing the taxpayers in MA millions of dollars.

It seems the business environment in the states was so unaccommodating that they picked up and moved to China.

Don't let the Govt pick ONE new shiny industry like "internet superhiway" or "green jobs".. Get all that corporate cash BACK HERE NOW that's in Irish and Cayman banks. And don't GIVE it to Obama for a "jobs" bank. Let it go into R&D stateside.

Charge them a flat 10% repatriation tax on the loot IF -- it goes towards NEW product/service/industry R&D in THIS country.. Treasury gets much needed money -- America gets a foot up on the competition instead of scavenging the carcass. Winner!!!!! (Even Charlie Sheen could see that!)

Don't let the Govt pick ONE new shiny industry like "internet superhiway" or "green jobs".. Get all that corporate cash BACK HERE NOW that's in Irish and Cayman banks. And don't GIVE it to Obama for a "jobs" bank. Let it go into R&D stateside.

Charge them a flat 10% repatriation tax on the loot IF -- it goes towards NEW product/service/industry R&D in THIS country.. Treasury gets much needed money -- America gets a foot up on the competition instead of scavenging the carcass. Winner!!!!! (Even Charlie Sheen could see that!)

Sort of sick of all the candy corporations get. They need some stick.

Seriously.

Seriously?

Sell away, fuckchop...

The topic was "build" as in "for use here"... Send them all over the globe if you want, but it's not working too well here...

If there's a market for US companies to build and send to China, then go gangbusters...

But from your articles, it looks like China is taking care of their own demand...

Hey man, lay off... He had another great idea to build the high speed rail road all over the US as a way to put people that don’t know shit about that line of work to work instantly... The years to plan where the tracks go, design, layout and massive costs are just details but we could just pay the people to sit around for 5 years waiting for the work to appear/start!

Then after we spend 4 Trillion on the project we can charge Rich America tax payers a high fee to use the “service” and let the poor ride for free because that’s fair… I mean how else can you pay back the debt we made to build that train (1 train). Rich people deserve a 90% tax rate and charged more to use services in this utopia, even f it only manages to pay for 1/20th the yearly growing deficit that is the right fucking answer you conservative poor person hating Nazi!

Conservatives think so small! So small indeed!

Look up Evergreen Solar that ended up costing the taxpayers in MA millions of dollars.

It seems the business environment in the states was so unaccommodating that they picked up and moved to China.

=D It was a joke... but not... you fucking middle class destroying.. Republican guy... that lives in the middle class!... Yeah, take that asshole!

Seriously.

Stick is gonna getcha MORE money in Irish and Cayman banks.. Not less.

As to the candy problem -- STOP the f'in subsidies for existing products like ethanol and heat pumps... Turn SOME of that into R&D credits for NEW ideas..

Seriously.

Stick is gonna getcha MORE money in Irish and Cayman banks.. Not less.

As to the candy problem -- STOP the f'in subsidies for existing products like ethanol and heat pumps... Turn SOME of that into R&D credits for NEW ideas..

I agree with that.

But stick can be quite persuasive too.

Like..

So..your sending 3 thousand jobs to China, Goldman? Well sheesh..guess we are moving out government 401ks to Morgan Stanley..

GE sending 2 departments to china which will be in direct competition with the US

Uhm, actually no. See, this is what I was alluding to before. China has a huge demand for green energy. GE landed a massive contract a few years back to provide various pieces and parts of China's push to go green. Things like electric trains.

Now, if we were to focus on that in this country, actually building green energy alternatives that we could sell to China, that would create jobs and get the economy moving again, while at the same reducing the amount we owe China. Win/Win.

I know many of you think green energy is for Communists, but in this case, seriously, think about what you're saying.
Since you and only you brought up the subject of GE and green energy, I am replying to your exact insanity. Yesterday, the GE CEO, who was appointed by Obama to see to it that more American jobs were made, flushed 200,000 American jobs down the toilet and into the Chinese' hands. What's your excuse?

That's some job of build America, Don't be stupid.

And if you ever neg rep me again for answering the direct words of a thread parent trying to con a point for his team, my team will whup your miserable America job-thieving Butt. And futhermore, you better not insult my First Amendment again, telling me what to say, what not to say, how to say it, and when, we're gonna whup your Constitution-disrespecting Butt. Got it? So.....Don'tbestupid! Tell me why one of our jobs should go to China, much less 200,000 jobs BY WAY OF THE OBAMA FRICKIN' CLOSET CZAR CABINET.

The CEO of General Electric, Jeffrey Immelt, was appointed by Mr. Obama to chair the president's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. As Vice President Biden might say, a big f-ing deal.
Now we find out that GE is launching a joint venture with China worth $2 billion to build jet airliners which will compete against Boeing and other American companies. GE says it's "all in" on this deal and is proud of it. GE executive Lorraine Bolsinger is quoted as saying: "We don't sell bananas. We can't afford to take a decade off."
With all due respect, you know what you can do with your bananas. Source

Have a thoughtful day, if it doesn't kick you where the sun don't shine, since you likely are lacking in introspection.

Last edited:

Seriously.

Hey... do we get double time for working through the Hurricane? Can you punch me in? :D

Seriously.

Hey... do we get double time for working through the Hurricane? Can you punch me in? :D

If you're in the Caymans -- you can just party thru the storm.. With all that money around -- shouldn't be a problem eh??? If we close those accounts down -- you'll have to learn to carve coconuts for cruiseship tourists...

You're not even close. First, everyone I pay makes a hell of a lot more than what is necessary to live on. Secondly, I do not think private businesses should have anything to do with providing employees healthcare. Why not milk? How about tires? Anything else? Health insurance, like all products and services, should be purchased in the marketplace, not forced on employers to provide. This was yet another debacle from President Nixon.

Is it moral to pay a man what he is freely willing to work for? Yes. Is it moral leave the decision to buy health insurance up to the customer that desires that product? Yes.

Right, then why did you move operations to India? I guarantee you that it was so you could pay somebody a heck of a lot less then an American worker would make. Therefore, you believe in paying somebody less then they deserve and you're also not providing a benefit to the country you live in. Why do people not try to figure out a way to keep the company domestically, rather then quickly saying it's too expensive and I give up? It's pretty much bullshit. Americans make better stuff and provide better service then some guy from India. Whatever happened to finding solutions that benefit the country and not the few? Instead you guys go around whining like a bunch of babies.

Healthcare is not at all like milk, tires or whatever. All people should have it and especially people who work for a living. People get sick, people get hurt and life isn't something you can predict. That's what makes it different.

You say it's moral to pay somebody what he is freely willing to work for. I'll say not always because sometimes the employee to be doesn't know what he is worth. Some guy in India doesn't know what an American worker equal to him would make. You chose to pay somebody less because you can in India. So do you want Americans to agree on the same wages as those people? That's what I'm asking.

Your post is so full of complete and utter bullshit, it's hard to know where to start. This operation was set in India because there is no possible way we could have been competitive otherwise. Actually, the salaries were not the main reason operating in the US was prohibitive. It was taxes and regulations that prevent me from creating dozens of new US jobs. If it was only a salary issue, we'd build here.

I tried everything within my power to make this work in the US. I cannot change the realities of the government involvement in my business...no matter how much I wish it so.

If people "deserve" healthcare, work to amend the Constitution and make it a right. In the mean time, dumping the responsibility on businesses that have nothing to do with health insurance is fucking ridiculous. You can buy health insurance as an individual or a group without government requiring businesses to provide it. Nixon was an asshole.

You haven't a clue what Indian workers know about salaries in other countries. I'm sure a Google search is beyond them, eh? If you want Americans to continue to earn high wages with strong employment opportunities, quit supporting the fucking nanny state central planners that continue to prevent economic growth in this country.

Seriously.

Sure.

So long as I get the paycheck. :lol:

Forum List

Back