Bruce Jenner; Woman if the Year

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
Yes I'm rolling my eyes.

And feminists are pissed!!

The politically correctGlamour Magazine has reportedly waived the one defining requirement of candidates for its “Woman of the Year” honor—a double X chromosome—in conferring the title for 2015 on crossdresser Bruce Jenner, a move many women are finding insulting.

"Australian-born feminist Germaine Greer accused Glamour of “misogyny” in its decision to award Jenner its woman of the year award, noting that transgender women are “not women” and do not “look like, sound like or behave like women.”

Women Cry Foul as Glamour Magazine Names Bruce Jenner ‘Woman of the Year’ - Breitbart

Yes I'm rolling my eyes.

The politically correctGlamour Magazine has reportedly waived the one defining requirement of candidates for its “Woman of the Year” honor—a double X chromosome—in conferring the title for 2015 on crossdresser Bruce Jenner, a move many women are finding insulting.

"Australian-born feminist Germaine Greer accused Glamour of “misogyny” in its decision to award Jenner its woman of the year award, noting that transgender women are “not women” and do not “look like, sound like or behave like women.”

Women Cry Foul as Glamour Magazine Names Bruce Jenner ‘Woman of the Year’ - Breitbart
:laugh:

There always was a schism in hard core feminism when it came to transgendered. Now the Radfems who don't toe the current gender-fluidity supporting line are being savaged just as much as religious people who think the same thing.

In any event, :popcorn:

There always was a schism in hard core feminism when it came to transgendered. Now the Radfems who don't toe the current gender-fluidity supporting line are being savaged just as much as religious people who think the same thing.

I know it's hilarious. Between the award to Jenner to the feminists being pissed.

I know it's hilarious. Between the award to Jenner to the feminists being pissed.

One has to remember that Radical feminism is at its root a form of Marxist thought, and when you boil it down, they equate gender as a form of class. Then you add in their concept of oppression by the "patriarchy" and their belief in the superiority of "true women", and you get why they throw a fit when some man tries to join the party.

imageedit_1933_7383906394.jpg

Yes I'm rolling my eyes.

Used to think chromosomes determined/revealed biological sex, it doesn't.

Yes I'm rolling my eyes.

So XX isn't a woman, and XY isn't a man? and don't bring up the rare XXY, XYY types seen from time to time, those are outliers and not material to the discussion.

Yes I'm rolling my eyes.

if breitbart says it, I wouldn't go betting the house on it....

Yes I'm rolling my eyes.

So XX isn't a woman, and XY isn't a man? and don't bring up the rare XXY, XYY types seen from time to time, those are outliers and not material to the discussion.

Nope. And no it's not the other 4 sexes thing. Lemme see if I bookmarked the thing. Sec...

Didn't but wasn't hard to find again. Moderately technical but not incomprehensible.

Does having a Y chromosome make someone a man? | Intersex Society of North America

"A lot of unintended harm happens when people assume a Y chromosome makes a person a boy or a man and the lack of a Y chromosome makes a person a girl or a woman. For example, one physician educator on our Medical Advisory Board had the challenging experience of trying to calm a 23-year-old patient who had just been told by a resident that she was “really a man” because the resident had diagnosed the patient as having a Y chromosome and complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS).

It is true that in typical male development, the SRY gene on the tip of the Y chromosome helps to send the embryo down the masculine pathway. But more than the SRY is needed for sex determination and differentiation; for example, women with CAIS have the SRY gene but lack androgen receptors. In terms of hormone effects on their bodies (including their brains), women with CAIS have had much less “masculinization” than the average 46,XX woman because their cells do not respond to androgens.

Moreover, the SRY gene can be translocated onto an X chromosome (so that a 46,XX person may develop along a typical masculine pathway), and there are dozens of genes on chromosomes other than the X and the Y that contribute to sexual differentiation. And beyond the genes, a person’s sex development can be significantly influenced by environmental factors (including the maternal uterine environment in which the fetus developed).

So it is simply incorrect to think that you can tell a person’s sex just looking at whether he or she has a Y chromosome."

goes on

Easier read here,
Sex biology redefined: Genes don’t indicate binary sexes | Scope Blog

"The simple scenario many of us learned in school is that two X chromosomes make someone female, and an X and a Y chromosome make someone male. These are simplistic ways of thinking about what is scientifically very complex. Anatomy, hormones, cells, and chromosomes (not to mention personal identity convictions) are actually not usually aligned with one binary classification.

The Nature feature collects research that has changed the way biologists understand sex. New technologies in DNA sequencing and cell biology are revealing that chromosomal sex is a process, not an assignation."

more

Forum List

Back