Bruce Dixie Chicks Himself

He saved rock and roll during the nightmare of the disco era.

That's somewhat true. On the other hand disco lured women back into shaving their legs and guys into taking a shower once in awhile. Cocaine instead of reefer...that got the economy back on track....speed-freaks tend to get shit done. :uhoh3:

Springsteen didn't mention he's worth $345M when he told an Aussie audience he was "embarrassed to be an American"....I guess he didn't realize how embarrassed WE are that he's one of us, or used to be. Bruce has done pretty well in such a rotten country...much better than the Dixie Chicks who ruined their career by telling a Brit audience they were embarrassed to be Texans with Bush in the White House.
During the same period the Dixie Chicks were making their anger at Bush's war in Iraq known to the world, so was a New York limousine liberal by the name of Donald Trump.

"The rest of the world hates us."

"You know how we get out? We get out! Declare victory, and leave!"

"President Bush says he's religious. And yet 400,000 people, the way I count it, have died, and probably millions have been maimed and injured."

Oh, look! IT"S TRUMP ON FAKE NEWS CHANNEL CNN!

Perhaps the reason you are so confused by all of this is that the original claim is that the chix with dix ruined their careers by claiming they were ashamed to be Texans,

Allow me to refresh your alleged memory, goldfish:

NATALIE MAINE: "Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.”

Trump: Well, he lied! He got us into the war with lies!

...much better than the Dixie Chicks who ruined their career by telling a Brit audience they were embarrassed to be Texans with Bush in the White House.

The Dixie Chicks did not say they were embarrassed to be Texans. They said they were embarrassed Bush was.

...much better than the Dixie Chicks who ruined their career by telling a Brit audience they were embarrassed to be Texans with Bush in the White House.

The Dixie Chicks did not say they were embarrassed to be Texans. They said they were embarrassed Bush was.

Stupid goldfish.

Big difference eh, Gertrude?
Huge difference.

They were proud to be Texans. Not ashamed. You got it exactly backwards.

Stupid goldfish.

Big difference eh, Gertrude?
Huge difference.

They were proud to be Texans. Not ashamed. You got it exactly backwards.

Not a bit of difference....just you trying not to get embarrassed again......too late.
It can't be helped you don't understand the difference. I bump up against your intellectual limitations every single time we engage.

much better than the Dixie Chicks who ruined their career by telling a Brit audience they were embarrassed to be Texans with Bush in the White House.
Springsteen didn't mention he's worth $345M when he told an Aussie audience he was "embarrassed to be an American"....I guess he didn't realize how embarrassed WE are that he's one of us, or used to be. Bruce has done pretty well in such a rotten country...much better than the Dixie Chicks who ruined their career by telling a Brit audience they were embarrassed to be Texans with Bush in the White House.
During the same period the Dixie Chicks were making their anger at Bush's war in Iraq known to the world, so was a New York limousine liberal by the name of Donald Trump.

"President Bush says he's religious. And yet 400,000 people, the way I count it, have died, and probably millions have been maimed and injured."

Perhaps the reason you are so confused by all of this is that the original claim is that the chix with dix ruined their careers by claiming they were ashamed to be Texans,

NATALIE MAINE: "Just so you know, we’re on the good side with y’all. We do not want this war, this violence, and we’re ashamed that the President of the United States is from Texas.”

That's both cute and clever, using the Bush tactic of "conflation" for war in Iraq to pretend you have a point...I know it was almost an hour ago so "you" can be forgiven for forgetting the original claim, which is what you were pretending to address.

much better than the Dixie Chicks who ruined their career by telling a Brit audience they were embarrassed to be Texans with Bush in the White House.

And on a somewhat similar note, didn't the chix come out against Trump as well? I only bring it up because of the "white liberal waning career thing

That's both cute and clever, using the Bush tactic of "conflation" for war in Iraq to pretend you have a point...I know it was almost an hour ago so "you" can be forgiven for forgetting the original claim, which is what you were pretending to address.

Which I did address. And you parroted the erroneous claim the Dixie Chicks said they were ashamed to be Texans. They didn't.

Dang it, I gotta admit I still like this line:

"Driving out of Darlington County, I seen the glory of the coming of the Lord....driving out of Darlington County, I seen Wayne handcuffed to the bumper of a state trooper's Ford."
:lol:

And on a somewhat similar note, didn't the chix come out against Trump as well? I only bring it up because of the "white liberal waning career thing

They came out against the huckster Trump who is now playing a conservative on TV.

Forum List

Back