Dixie Chicks Dismal Sales Send Them To Canada

GunnyL said:
Is this the same 2/3 that put Kerry in office because we were on the wrong track?

That number is bullshit and you know it. Now if you were to say the less than 50% that currently have no Federal power who think we're on the wrong track, I might be willing to listen.

Bush didn't have approval ratings this low in 2004.

And you might not like the numbers, but they are what they are. :)

jillian said:
Bush didn't have approval ratings this low in 2004.

And you might not like the numbers, but they are what they are. :)

It is irrelevant as to whether or not I like a concocted number. Whether or not you like it, you're believing and perpetuating a lie. Simple as that.

jillian said:
what do you call liberals? The 2/3 of the country who think we're on the wrong track? Kind of a broad definition. :mm:

My point was they're crying all the way to the bank. By the by, tours are very expensive to mount. There's money to be had, but most artists tour to sell their music, not their shows (which isn't to say the top acts don't make money touring...they just make a lot more from sales). I don't think they much care WHERE their sales come from.

I don't either--Like I said--it's good that liberals have heros like Michael Moore, the Dixie Chicks and Al Franken. Who else do they have?:poke:

dilloduck said:
I don't either--Like I said--it's good that liberals have heros like Michael Moore, the Dixie Chicks and Al Franken. Who else do they have?:poke:

Alec Baldwin
Sean Penn
Robert Castro Redford
Babs
Susan Sarandon
Danny Glover

Bonnie said:
Alec Baldwin
Sean Penn
Robert Castro Redford
Babs
Susan Sarandon
Danny Glover

I'm surprised y'all haven't mentioned the left's next Mt Rushmore candidate ....Billybob Clinton, the man who put trailer wheels on the White House.

GunnyL said:
I'm surprised y'all haven't mentioned the left's next Mt Rushmore candidate ....Billybob Clinton, the man who put trailer wheels on the White House.

And never forget the best president this ocuntry ever had

Billy Carter:blsmile: uh I mean Jimmy Carter lol

GunnyL said:

I wonder what's the lesser of two evils...trying to put trailer wheels on the white house or selling it to the Saudis and Haliburton.

And I'd put Bill's brain cells up against Georgie's any day of the week. You?

jillian said:
I wonder what's the lesser of two evils...trying to put trailer wheels on the white house or selling it to the Saudis and Haliburton.

And I'd put Bill's brain cells up against Georgie's any day of the week. You?

You'd lose, and that "selling the White House to Haliburton and/or the Saudi's, yada, yada, yada," is weak, hasn't flown even once since y'all lefties started the BS accusations 6 years ago, and is way-old.

Just ONCE I would like to hear a Dem-o-crap accuse Bush of something he is guilty of and back it up with something more than hot air.

jillian said:
I think we all agree he sucked as president.... doesn't seem to be a bad guy, just didn't get a grip on the job.

He destroyed a once proud political party that stood for something ... a party YOU still cling to.

GunnyL said:
You'd lose, and that "selling the White House to Haliburton and/or the Saudi's, yada, yada, yada," is weak, hasn't flown even once since y'all lefties started the BS accusations 6 years ago, and is way-old.

Just ONCE I would like to hear a Dem-o-crap accuse Bush of something he is guilty of and back it up with something more than hot air.

"Flow"? With whom? The folk who can't manage to criticize anything he's done? No surprises there.

And maybe if the Congress weren't the same party, he might have been investigated...you know how that works.

*Edit* And, I think it's pretty weird for people who call themselves American to disparage more than half of the registered voters in the country.

jillian said:
"Flow"? With whom? The folk who can't manage to criticize anything he's done? No surprises there.

And maybe if the Congress weren't the same party, he might have been investigated...you know how that works.

No, I don't know "how that works." Are you referring to the same Republican-controlled Congress that has sacrificed each and every Republican so much as accused of a crime? They'd turn on him in a minute if y'all could back up any of your hot air with evidence.

Perhpas if you paid a little closer attention and got your head out of that liberal propaganda for awhile, you would notice quite a few conservatives on this board dissatisfied and willing to criticize Bush. Yet another accusation that doesn't fly.

But thanks for trying.

GunnyL said:
No, I don't know "how that works." Are you referring to the same Republican-controlled Congress that has sacrificed each and every Republican so much as accused of a crime? They'd turn on him in a minute if y'all could back up any of your hot air with evidence.

Perhpas if you paid a little closer attention and got your head out of that liberal propaganda for awhile, you would notice quite a few conservatives on this board dissatisfied and willing to criticize Bush. Yet another accusation that doesn't fly.

But thanks for trying.

The Repubs turn in their own? Really? Is that why De-Lay was able to change the composition of the ethics committee to put in more favorable people? What I've seen is that the Republican talking points are bought into hook, line and sinker by some.

As for people criticizing...they do, but only on the immigration issue. And I think there's a whole myriad of reasons for that. But Bush had to make a choice among his constituents...he chose the "haves and have mores" and decided cheap labor was the way to go. I take issue with that, too.

I think you're not drawing distinctions between Democrats. Some are way to the left... that's not where I am. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I was with Bush through his going in to Afghanistan. I rooted for him after 9/11. You may or not believe that, but I did. I kind of felt I had a vested interest in his success. It's not my fault that he decided more than half the country doesn't exist and that he shouldn't represent our interests in the slightest. If he represents yours, that's fine...but I'd be hard-pressed to find an issue I agree with him on. And believe me, I'd love to.

OK...one issue... I agree that we shouldn't have anything to do with Hamas until it disavows terrorism. The left of my party sucks on the Israel issue.

GunnyL said:
He destroyed a once proud political party that stood for something ... a party YOU still cling to.

Honest? I can't really respond to that. I know the facts of what happened at the time, but I was a bit young to internalize everything that was going on. I know my Dad couldn't stand him. And I know he was a crummy president. But there have been cruddy Republican presidents, too... Gerald Ford wasn't exactly a night in shining armor...though he was certainly better than what we have now, I think.

And just so you know, I think Nixon would have been considered a great president if he hadn't let his paranoia destroy what he built.

jillian said:
The Repubs turn in their own? Really? Is that why De-Lay was able to change the composition of the ethics committee to put in more favorable people? What I've seen is that the Republican talking points are bought into hook, line and sinker by some.

Seems to me Delay no longer holds the position he once did because the Republicans forced him to step down. So, REALLY bad example.
As for people criticizing...they do, but only on the immigration issue. And I think there's a whole myriad of reasons for that. But Bush had to make a choice among his constituents...he chose the "haves and have mores" and decided cheap labor was the way to go. I take issue with that, too.

I think you're not drawing distinctions between Democrats. Some are way to the left... that's not where I am. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, and I was with Bush through his going in to Afghanistan. I rooted for him after 9/11. You may or not believe that, but I did. I kind of felt I had a vested interest in his success. It's not my fault that he decided more than half the country doesn't exist and that he shouldn't represent our interests in the slightest. If he represents yours, that's fine...but I'd be hard-pressed to find an issue I agree with him on. And believe me, I'd love to.

OK...one issue... I agree that we shouldn't have anything to do with Hamas until it disavows terrorism. The left of my party sucks on the Israel issue.

Why should he represent an ideology that is in direct conflict with his own? That's dumb.

And lest you (conveniently) forget, when Bush first took office, he tried very hard to be bipartisan. he succeeded at it here for 8 years. It's just that bunch of political hacks you call a party refused to compromise.

It's quite obvious why YOU don't agree with him on anything. Your political ideology is screwed up.

Forum List

Back