Brown Vetos Budget

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
California Governor Vetoes Budget

LOS ANGELES — Gov. Jerry Brown of California on Thursday vetoed the state budget that the Democratic-controlled Legislature had passed the day before, saying that the plan merely papered over the long-term deficit and added billions of dollars in debt.
The veto means that the governor will have to reopen negotiations with the Legislature to win approval for his plan to close a nearly $10 billion gap. The plan relies on extending some taxes that are set to expire this year, and for it to pass, Mr. Brown needs the support of two Republicans in each legislative chamber. Those votes have been elusive.

Definite politician, blame the other side....... And people buy this shit! :rofl:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/16/jerry-brown-vetoes-california-budget/?iref=allsearch

Last edited:
The old pot head, former Mr. Jane Fonda, the youngest Ca. gov and the oldest Ca. gov has his veto pen out instead of showing leadership. Same-o same-o.

yea, just saw this, we're a mess...period.

add to this; the temp. tax hikes that were enacted 3 years ago ( and expiring now) , were, hello- temporary, he wants them for another- not 2 , not 3, but 5 years....

there is NO such thing as temporary tax in cali. screw him.

That budget was illegal anyway because the legislature raised taxes in it without a 2/3 majority vote which is required in California to raise taxes.

Brown is now running into that wall that Wilson,Davis and Arnie ran into....

It seems to be that the problem in California isn't the government, it's the people. Clearly not everyone is for it. But there are enough that it's seriously straining the government.

This is why I don't think the solution to our problems are political. They rest with the people.

That budget was illegal anyway because the legislature raised taxes in it without a 2/3 majority vote which is required in California to raise taxes.

Voters pass Prop. 25, allowing legislative majority vote to pass California budget

Careful there Seawytch, posting facts will bring you under suspicion of THEM.

Hey, did you know Jerry Brown was married to Jane Fonda? I didn't until Whitehall posted that 'fact' above. I wonder what Linda Ronstadt and Tom Hayden felt about that?

LOS ANGELES — Gov. Jerry Brown of California on Thursday vetoed the state budget that the Democratic-controlled Legislature had passed the day before, saying that the plan merely papered over the long-term deficit and added billions of dollars in debt.
The veto means that the governor will have to reopen negotiations with the Legislature to win approval for his plan to close a nearly $10 billion gap. The plan relies on extending some taxes that are set to expire this year, and for it to pass, Mr. Brown needs the support of two Republicans in each legislative chamber. Those votes have been elusive.

Definite politician, blame the other side....... And people buy this shit! :rofl:

Jerry Brown vetoes California budget – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Question, do you ever study an issue before making a blanket statement? Do you suppose blaming Brown because he's on the other side makes you appear

a) Informed?

b) Open Minded?

c) Intelligent?

d) None of the above?

e) Hypocritical?

f) Both d and e?

Correct, f

Question, do you ever study an issue before making a blanket statement? Do you suppose blaming Brown because he's on the other side makes you appear

a) Informed?

b) Open Minded?

c) Intelligent?

d) None of the above?

e) Hypocritical?

f) Both d and e?

Correct, f

Did I blame Brown for vetoing the bill?

Only answer available: only in your biased, partisan mind.

Did I simply point out he was dealing in the time honored partisan practice of blaming the other party?

Only answer available: No shit Sherlock

Are you a complete partisan tool who has no perspective in reality?

Only true answer is: That's obvious as hell!!!

Wanna try again or are you not satisfied with making yourself out to be a complete ass?

a) Informed?

b) Open Minded?

c) Intelligent?

d) None of the above?

e) Hypocritical?

f) Both d and e?

Correct, f

Did I simply point out he was dealing in the time honored partisan practice of blaming the other party?

Wanna try again or are you not satisfied with making yourself out to be a complete ass?

Nope, Button pushed with success - I don't need to try again. Good night, Pot.

a) Informed?

b) Open Minded?

c) Intelligent?

d) None of the above?

e) Hypocritical?

f) Both d and e?

Correct, f

Nope, Button pushed with success - I don't need to try again. Good night, Pot.

Responding to a non-nonsensical, partisan reply with proper (and well deserved clarification) is pushing a button? :eusa_eh:
You're weirder than you post.

is it really that difficult to cut spending?

In Calilfornia, yes, it is. The citizens of California, through referendums, have tied the hands of their legislature to a great degree. There are certain expenditures passed through referendum that the legislature CAN'T eliminate. That's why Brown needs tax increases to do anything about California's deficit.

Jerry Brown is playing hard ball with both the partys.

This is why I love jerry

Forum List

Back