Brought to Jesus’: the evangelical grip on the Trump administration

‘Brought to Jesus’: the evangelical grip on the Trump administration

In setting out the Trump administration’s Middle East policy, one of the first things Mike Pompeo made clear to his audience in Cairo is that he had come to the region as “as an evangelical Christian”.

In his speech at the American University, Pompeo said that in his state department office: “I keep a Bible open on my desk to remind me of God and his word, and the truth.”

The secretary of state’s primary message in Cairo was that the US was ready once more to embrace conservative Middle Eastern regimes, no matter how repressive, if they made common cause against Iran.

This was an interesting read. It explains the relationship between Trump and white evangelicals , Israel,Iran and the Rapture.

It explains why they dont care how he conducts himself and what crimes he commits. Its a bit scary in my opinion.

One of the MAIN reasons why I do NOT believe in a deity that was "interested" in what humans do, is that if there was such a God, evangelicals would be constantly struck down by lightning for their
hypocrisy, selfish intents, and often pure evil actions.

Last edited:

In setting out the Trump administration’s Middle East policy, one of the first things Mike Pompeo made clear to his audience in Cairo is that he had come to the region as “as an evangelical Christian”.

In his speech at the American University, Pompeo said that in his state department office: “I keep a Bible open on my desk to remind me of God and his word, and the truth.”

The secretary of state’s primary message in Cairo was that the US was ready once more to embrace conservative Middle Eastern regimes, no matter how repressive, if they made common cause against Iran.

This was an interesting read. It explains the relationship between Trump and white evangelicals , Israel,Iran and the Rapture.

It explains why they dont care how he conducts himself and what crimes he commits. Its a bit scary in my opinion.

So, Pompeo, a professed 'Christain' is willing to make a 'deal with the Devil' just as long as other nations agree to keep Iran in check? LOL

And just so we understand: Pompeo works for TrumpSatan. LOL

Jason Isbell: 'Jesus would not have voted for Donald Trump'

In a recent Rolling Stone interview, Isbell said of conservative Christians in rural America who voted for Trump: “God is gone from those people.”

Does he now think that was too provocative? “In hindsight,” he said, “it sounds like something a preacher would say in a Southern Baptist church on a Sunday morning. ‘If you can look the other way because you think the economy’s doing better, you can ignore the fact that this man is obviously not a Christian, then you’re not behaving in a way that Jesus would have behaved.’

“So I meant that, and I still mean it. The whole point of Christianity is to behave as Jesus would have behaved – and Jesus would not have voted for Donald Trump, no matter what his pay was going to do as a result of that.

Jesus would not have voted for Trump or Clinton or any other President. That is just a dumb thing to post.

I bet it's not open to Romans 16:18.

For such men are slaves, not of our Lord Christ but of their own appetites; and by their smooth and flattering speech they deceive the hearts of the unsuspecting.

2hqawrp.jpg

The religious right's influence in the GOP is one of many reasons why Republicans are unfit to govern.

Yeah, the communist party would be so much better - no religious influence there.

Tommy Tainant please give great detail evidence of the crimes Donal Trump has committed during his first term as President of the United States of America?

One of the MAIN reasons why I do NOT believe in a deity that was "interested" in what humans do, is that if there was such a God, evangelicals would be constantly struck down by lightening for their hypocrisy, selfish intents, and often pure evil actions.

You maybe right on that note, but if it was perfection that God judges us by we would all be dead. I do agree that some so called "Christians" are anything but Christian. I am sure that a God would find them repulsive and would not have anything to do with them.

The religious right's influence in the GOP is one of many reasons why Republicans are unfit to govern.

Yeah, the communist party would be so much better - no religious influence there.
There's no religious influence by Trump, either. In fact, quite the opposite.

Demonic Donald has brought out the bigotry, hatred, lust, and greed in his followers.

Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. - 2 Timothy 12-13

Can we be honest?
The evangelicals are harmless, but hated.
They are the big boogieman for the Left.
Most Democrat Voters are thinly veiled anti-wasp bigots and the evangelicals are like their super wasp villains.

I know plenty of citizens that identify as 'Christian' both Democrats & Republicans.

Typically the Democrat Christians are much less vocal choosing to not make a scene but rather attempting to get along with others.

Typically the Republican Christians are much more vocal choosing to cast themselves in a holier than thou mold, attempting to force their beliefs on a nation, much like the Taliban.

Hey thanks Caddo, some people may have had doubts about my post.
Liberals are threatened by little old ladies going to church lol
BTW, the Left is on the side of the Taliban.

I have no doubt concerning your post because I know it's utter bovine feces.

Far right religious regimes, such as the Taliban, and the GOP, have not a damn thing to do with "the Left."
OK OK everyone gets it.
Christians are not welcomed in the Democratic Party but Jihadist are.

To be fair, since the Trumpbot thread on democratic catholics was moved, should this one be as well.

That said, the catholic thread premised: How can a catholic be a democrat since the positions on issues conflict. And old, tired and false, bait and switch fuzzy logic.

Conversely with evangelicals, one first has to accept that overall not even 50% of evangelicals voted for him, but of those who voted 80% voted for him, and apparently still support him. I wonder why? On what issues? The OP hypothesizes Israel and the Rapture. I've read he appeals to them because of a view of marriage as a patriarchy. And opposing Obamacare mandates that taxes go to family planning and contraception ... even the evil IUD and Ru486, and of course queers getting married

Personally I think Jesus was more into all people having access to tools to earn their fishes rather than worrying about what goes on in someone elses bed, but that's just me. I do see some logical connection between Trump and what apparently is of importance to 80% of evangelicals who voted.

To be fair, since the Trumpbot thread on democratic catholics was moved, should this one be as well.

That said, the catholic thread premised: How can a catholic be a democrat since the positions on issues conflict. And old, tired and false, bait and switch fuzzy logic.

Conversely with evangelicals, one first has to accept that overall not even 50% of evangelicals voted for him, but of those who voted 80% voted for him, and apparently still support him. I wonder why? On what issues? The OP hypothesizes Israel and the Rapture. I've read he appeals to them because of a view of marriage as a patriarchy. And opposing Obamacare mandates that taxes go to family planning and contraception ... even the evil IUD and Ru486, and of course queers getting married

Personally I think Jesus was more into all people having access to tools to earn their fishes rather than worrying about what goes on in someone elses bed, but that's just me. I do see some logical connection between Trump and what apparently is of importance to 80% of evangelicals who voted.
you have your faith, other people have their own. live and let live and quit trying to one up. people seem to have a hard time of doing that. (not you, generally speaking here).

So, Pompeo, a professed 'Christain' is willing to make a 'deal with the Devil' just as long as other nations agree to keep Iran in check? LOL

In a recent Rolling Stone interview, Isbell said of conservative Christians in rural America who voted for Trump: “God is gone from those people.”

Does he now think that was too provocative? “In hindsight,” he said, “it sounds like something a preacher would say in a Southern Baptist church on a Sunday morning. ‘If you can look the other way because you think the economy’s doing better, you can ignore the fact that this man is obviously not a Christian, then you’re not behaving in a way that Jesus would have behaved.’

“So I meant that, and I still mean it. The whole point of Christianity is to behave as Jesus would have behaved – and Jesus would not have voted for Donald Trump, no matter what his pay was going to do as a result of that.

Did Jesus not preach to sinners?

There is no logical connection between a serial adulterer/fraudster/mass liar and evangelicalism.

None.

Trump is a huckster. A deceiver who leads people astray into bigotry, hatred, lust, and greed.

Jesus' teachings fall on deaf ears and hardened hearts when it comes to Trump and his followers.

Whoever has ears, let them hear.

Jesus' teachings fall on deaf ears and hardened hearts when it comes to Trump and his followers.

And you think Dems have ears that hear? Lol.

Evangelicals have made Trump they’re shining example. There’s no way around it.

During the Bush years you morons yammered on about Evangelicals taking over the country and setting up a Christian Caliphate like the Taliban. But that of course never happened, now we have trannies in girls bathrooms and winning female sporting events.

And you think Dems have ears that hear? Lol.
No, and I never have.

Trump has made sure his followers are now just as deaf.

When will you tards ever learn your tu quoque fallacies are stupid?

Evangelicals have made Trump they’re shining example. There’s no way around it.

During the Bush years you morons yammered on about Evangelicals taking over the country and setting up a Christian Caliphate like the Taliban. But that of course never happened, now we have trannies in girls bathrooms and winning female sporting events.
Now we have a Republican President bribing porn star mistresses, committing serial adultery, grabbing pussies, and bragging about it. And, somehow, the alleged evangelicals worship this great deceiver.

This is EXACTLY what Alexis de Toqueville and our Founders warned would happen if we didn't separate church and state.

But the "moral majority" didn't listen.

Forum List

Back