Britney Griner called on the WNBA to stop playing the national anthem because of racism.

RadicalRedneck

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2012
In 2020, Griner called on the WNBA to stop playing the national anthem amid ongoing protests about racism and police brutality sparked by the killing of George Floyd.

In 2020, Griner called on the WNBA to stop playing the national anthem amid ongoing protests about racism and police brutality sparked by the killing of George Floyd.
Yeah....

That is the problem with the first amendment, every now and then you'll hear things you disagree with (assuming you disagree with them--as I do in this case). I don't think you should bring your politics to work with you.

You mean Two time olympic champion Britney Griner?
0EDB8B21-497C-4D13-B254-EFE735F56AE0.jpeg

She represented who in the Olympics?

The thing about the fact she refused to honor the national anthem, is that no one really noticed when she did it. Unlike when Kaepernick did it, next to no one pays attention to professional girls basketball.

Now people know who the broad is, and Ms. Griner will get huge amounts of publicity.

Smuggling drugs and getting pinched abroad, creating an international incident was actually a brilliant career move. Griner will make millions for this.

In 2020 ... Britney was a little girl ... and little girls can say ... immature things ... but like P'Prince says, nothing like a felony conviction to grow some people up ...

Am I the only one here who realizes her actions in Russia are felonies here in the United States as well? ... yes, DoJ isn't allowed to spend money enforcing Federal marijuana laws for medicinal in States where medicinal is legal ... IF AND ONLY IF the individual is following States laws ... ALL States make it a felony to cross State Lines with medicinal marijuana ...

I don't care her goddam skin color ... if she was a man, she should finish that prison sentence in MEXICO ...

Yeah....

That is the problem with the first amendment, every now and then you'll hear things you disagree with (assuming you disagree with them--as I do in this case). I don't think you should bring your politics to work with you.
The real issue is the disturbing context of playing the national anthem at large gatherings to begin with.

A mass display of loyalty to one’s country where dissenters are subject to condemnation is fundamentally authoritarian and contrary to the principles of liberty Americans claim to support.

Along with millions of other Americans, and appropriately so.

But the problem was that Ms. Griner wasn't making bank on her decision to disrespect America's veterans like Kaepernick did. Smuggling drugs into the USSR and getting pinched put her mug on Page 1, and now she is a big fucking deal who will be raking in the cash.

And because of Sleepy Joe's slick negotiating skills, she can expect to receive a nice fruit basket or flowers from the Merchant of Fucking Death who was given his freedom due to her stunt.

The real issue is the disturbing context of playing the national anthem at large gatherings to begin with.

A mass display of loyalty to one’s country where dissenters are subject to condemnation is fundamentally authoritarian and contrary to the principles of liberty Americans claim to support.
I'm certainly not disturbed by it. I think it should be played more personally. I also think America the Beautiful should be our national anthem. The Star Spangled Banner is great; it belongs in the canon of distinctly American opuses (if that is a word). America the Beautiful is just better.

But I think the guys on the right--you know those pillars of tolerance and live and let live--get upset when they hear an opinion they disagree with and they want blood; as always.

The thing about the fact she refused to honor the national anthem, is that no one really noticed when she did it. Unlike when Kaepernick did it, next to no one pays attention to professional girls basketball.

Now people know who the broad is, and Ms. Griner will get huge amounts of publicity.

Smuggling drugs and getting pinched abroad, creating an international incident was actually a brilliant career move. Griner will make millions for this.
She was prescribed the canabis by her doctor.

She wasn't smuggling anything.

Wow a total commie kook you are wacko.

She was prescribed the canabis by her doctor.

She wasn't smuggling anything.

She pleaded Guilty as Sin to the felony of Drug Smuggling.

Grass isn't legal in the Russian Federation, regardless of whether you have a note from your doctor, mother, or pusher.

Forum List

Back