British firms could be linked to slavery, murder and ecological abuse

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Are you surprised?

---

Hundreds of British firms operating abroad may be implicated in severe human rights abuses such as modern slavery, poverty-level wages, beatings, killings and environmental damage, an international NGO warns.

A report released by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre on Wednesday found that British businesses impact heavily on communities and individuals around the globe.

The NGO’s research suggests UK firms are linked to human rights scandals worldwide, many of which occur in developing nations.

This improper conduct is compounded by “critical weaknesses” in UK regulation that leave victims in foreign states defenseless against firms’ “negligent or reckless” practices, the research found.

British firms could be linked to slavery murder and ecological abuse overseas NGO RT UK

Are you surprised?

---

Hundreds of British firms operating abroad may be implicated in severe human rights abuses such as modern slavery, poverty-level wages, beatings, killings and environmental damage, an international NGO warns.

A report released by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre on Wednesday found that British businesses impact heavily on communities and individuals around the globe.

The NGO’s research suggests UK firms are linked to human rights scandals worldwide, many of which occur in developing nations.

This improper conduct is compounded by “critical weaknesses” in UK regulation that leave victims in foreign states defenseless against firms’ “negligent or reckless” practices, the research found.

British firms could be linked to slavery murder and ecological abuse overseas NGO RT UK
"MAY be implicated"... In other words, you'e pronouncing them "guilty" based on an unproven allegation from a hate site. To quote your opening comment... Is anyone surprised?

Are you surprised?

---

"MAY be implicated"... In other words, you'e pronouncing them "guilty" based on an unproven allegation from a hate site. To quote your opening comment... Is anyone surprised?

I will be surprised if they don't get implicated. I am not surprised even a tiny bit they they may get implicated. I hope that satisfies your curious little brain.

BTW, you are the biggest hate "site" on this planet.

Are you surprised?

---

I will be surprised if they don't get implicated. I am not surprised even a tiny bit they they may get implicated. I hope that satisfies your curious little brain.

In other words, you're just throwing out false accusations and slander, hoping something sticks. Got it.

Are you surprised?

---

Lol! For human rights abuses one need look no further than the Indian sub-continent where children are forced into organised begging. Many of them maimed from birth by the gang masters who traffic some 44,000 children a year into their evil moneymaking begging syndicates.

Are you surprised?

---

In other words, you're just throwing out false accusations and slander, hoping something sticks. Got it.

Enroll in a school and get some education. It is never too late to learn :)

Once again, I am not surprised that British companies may be implicated in large scale global scandal involving human rights violation. I do not think you are surprised either. You are just butt-hurt that your agenda of incessant racism is losing focus.

"We don’t care about human rights in the west. Only to the point where it would benefit those in power that’s the only area in which we would respect human rights. Whether it is Tory or Labour or Liberal Democrats, none of these so-called representatives and politicians have any interest in protecting people’s interests in the UK or abroad", Kenneth O’Keefe, Peace Activist & Former US Marine told Press TV.

PressTV- Tory to scrap human rights laws

Are you surprised?

---

Once again, I am not surprised that British companies may be implicated in large scale global scandal involving human rights violation. I do not think you are surprised either. You are just butt-hurt that your agenda of incessant racism is losing focus.
Slander and innuendo is all you have. You truly are disgusting and pathetic.

Are you surprised?

---

Nothing in this multiverse is as disgusting as you.

BTW, slander does not mean what your ignorant mind thinks it means.

Give it up, fuckface, nobody agrees with you.

Give it up, fuckface, nobody agrees with you.

:) Go take a nap before you hurt yourself :)

The other area we see as key is access to justice in UK courts for children and their families whose rights have been violated by UK-linked companies. It is often the most vulnerable groups – such as children – whose rights are infringed by corporate behaviour. When this happens children should be able to access justice in their own countries but often this is not possible. Children often lack legal standing, knowledge, financial resources and adequate legal representation.

Comment UK firms need more nudging to respect human rights

Are you surprised?

---

Like how US firms are linked to the Holocaust? :)

Last week, the small English town of Farnborough hosted the Security and Policing Event. It was a commercial festival for human rights abusers wanting to get their hands on weapons for state repression - with previous attendees including delegations from Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, the UAE, Libya and Algeria, amongst others. Details of the governments which attended this year's event have yet to be released.

The situation was summed up perfectly by Campaign Against the Arms Trade's publicity stunt, pulled at an arms trade dinner attended by hundreds of arms dealers and 30 MPs last month. A video of the scene, in which a female campaigner made a speech to guests calling on them to "reconsider their jobs", gained over 80,000 views on YouTube. "Don't touch me like that, I'm [five months] pregnant," she appealed, as she was roughly man-handled off the stage by private security guards. The crowd were jeering. It was a very British "Establishment" response to a brave woman drawing attention to a very British double standard.

UK Championing human rights while creating conflict

Forum List

Back