British crime philosophy: Submit quietly...you thought I was joking........

Main problem with getting support after rape, is bad attitudes in the police force, schools, universities and in the justice system.

When victims report a rape, in a lot of cases they are treated as if they deserved it for 'being a slut', especially in universities where the administration want to cover up rape and silence the victim.

Having a gun might help, but most rapes happen when you are unprepared or at risk, and in case of gang rape there is no way to fight them off easily.

Worse than the rape, is the response you get from authorities, who make it difficult to prosecute the rapist, and lay blame on the victim - just because a small number like 0.01% of cases are made up for revenge.

Actually Hipster, guns are the best way to stop a rape.....I suggest you go to thetruthaboutguns, gunssavelives, and Thearmedcitizen to read actual stories of people using guns in self defense situations...there is also a CATO paper on the subject that collected 5,000 of these stories

Here are 4 articles on how guns stop rape.....

Guns Effective Defense Against Rape

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

http://www.hoboes.com/pub/Firearms/Data/Crime/Florida/Gun Ownership Stops Rape/

And for 19.95 you can read Southwick's 2000 study on guns that talk about rape.....

Self-defense with guns The consequences

This one gives the actual percentages of how rapes are stopped...guns come out on top...

http://medind.nic.in/jal/t07/i4/jalt07i4p99.pdf
That wasn't what I said at all. If you read my post I was talking about how weapons cannot stop rape 24/7, especially because in many places having weapons isn't permitted.

Explain to me how you will stop rape in places where weapons are banned or restricted, like private businesses, stores, airports, schools, universities,etc.

Main problem with getting support after rape, is bad attitudes in the police force, schools, universities and in the justice system.

When victims report a rape, in a lot of cases they are treated as if they deserved it for 'being a slut', especially in universities where the administration want to cover up rape and silence the victim.

Having a gun might help, but most rapes happen when you are unprepared or at risk, and in case of gang rape there is no way to fight them off easily.

Worse than the rape, is the response you get from authorities, who make it difficult to prosecute the rapist, and lay blame on the victim - just because a small number like 0.01% of cases are made up for revenge.

Actually Hipster, guns are the best way to stop a rape.....I suggest you go to thetruthaboutguns, gunssavelives, and Thearmedcitizen to read actual stories of people using guns in self defense situations...there is also a CATO paper on the subject that collected 5,000 of these stories

A woman using a gun is less likely to be raped and more likely to not be injured during the attack....

However, most recent studies with improved methodology are consistently showing that the more forceful the resistance, the lower the risk of a completed rape, with no increase in physical injury. Sarah Ullman's original research (Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 1998) and critical review of past studies (Criminal Justice and Behavior, 1997) are especially valuable in solidifying this conclusion.

I wish to single out one particular subtype of physical resistance: Use of a weapon, and especially a firearm, is statistically a woman's best means of resistance, greatly enhancing her odds of escaping both rape and injury, compared to any other strategy of physical or verbal resistance. This conclusion is drawn from four types of information.

First, a 1989 study (Furby, Journal of Interpersonal Violence) found that both male and female survey respondents judged a gun to be the most effective means that a potential rape victim could use to fend off the assault. Rape "experts" considered it a close second, after eye-gouging.

Second, raw data from the 1979-1985 installments of the Justice Department's annual National Crime Victim Survey show that when a woman resists a stranger rape with a gun, the probability of completion was 0.1 percent and of victim injury 0.0 percent, compared to 31 percent and 40 percent, respectively, for all stranger rapes (Kleck, Social Problems, 1990).

Third, a recent paper (Southwick, Journal of Criminal Justice, 2000) analyzed victim resistance to violent crimes generally, with robbery, aggravated assault and rape considered together. Women who resisted with a gun were 2.5 times more likely to escape without injury than those who did not resist and 4 times more likely to escape uninjured than those who resisted with any means other than a gun. Similarly, their property losses in a robbery were reduced more than six-fold and almost three-fold, respectively, compared to the other categories of resistance strategy.

Fourth, we have two studies in the last 20 years that directly address the outcomes of women who resist attempted rape with a weapon. (Lizotte, Journal of Quantitative Criminology, 1986; Kleck, Social Problems, 1990.) The former concludes,"Further, women who resist rape with a gun or knife dramatically decrease their probability of completion." (Lizotte did not analyze victim injuries apart from the rape itself.) The latter concludes that "resistance with a gun or knife is the most effective form of resistance for preventing completion of a rape"; this is accomplished "without creating any significant additional risk of other injury."

The best conclusion from available scientific data, then, is when avoidance of rape has failed and one must choose between being raped and resisting, a woman's best option is to resist with a gun in her hands.

So, again a woman's best chance for stopping the rape and ultimately surviving the situation is to use a gun.....

And for 19.95 you can read Southwick's 2000 study on guns that talk about rape.....

This one gives the actual percentages of how rapes are stopped...guns come out on top...

That wasn't what I said at all. If you read my post I was talking about how weapons cannot stop rape 24/7, especially because in many places having weapons isn't permitted.

Explain to me how you will stop rape in places where weapons are banned or restricted, like private businesses, stores, airports, schools, universities,etc.

Your entire argument is illogical.

We say "having a weapon can help deter crime".

Your response "How will having a weapon deter crime if your are not allowed to have it?"

DERP..... ? Ok, go back to our claim....... Having a weapon....... deters crime.

Obviously if you are not allowed to have the weapon, it can't deter crime. Our entire point is that people should be allowed to defend themselves.

One of my close friends worked at a job, where the owner specifically allowed all employees to get Conceal and Carry permits, as a company benefit. Literally, he hired a retired police officer to have the course in the company building.

He ran a sign making company. They made all kinds of LED signs. (only pointing that out to say he wasn't an arms dealer or something).

Even having a weapon doesn't guarantee anything, and we never claimed it did. If you are looking for something 100% guaranteed in life, it's that you will die someday. Other than that, it's all about odds.

If you are confronted by a criminal, I can promise you that without a weapon, you will be helpless and pathetic in the face of an armed criminal. With a weapon, you might be able to defend yourself.

Which one do you choose? Helpless sheep? Or a man that can defend himself? I'm the man. Which are you?

Oh bull. The vast majority of criminals when confronted by a citizen with a weapon, is they run. Even if there are 20 of them, criminals are generally cowards. They are not going to risk taking a bullet, even if "she can't shoot us all".

Raleigh woman will not be charged in shooting death of ex-boyfriend News Observer News Observer

This lady was attacked by her ex-boyfriend, and she pulled a .22LR Derringer.

For those who don't know, a .22LR is one of the smallest rounds you can buy, and a Derringer is a 2-shot gun. You have just two shots, and you are done.

It was enough. Saved this ladies life.

Read more here: Raleigh woman will not be charged in shooting death of ex-boyfriend News Observer News Observer

Read more here: Raleigh woman will not be charged in shooting death of ex-boyfriend News Observer News Observer

I love this little tidbit at the end of the article..

Talley told police that Guess owned “an arsenal of weapons,” according to the search warrants. Investigators searched his apartment on Tony Tank Lane and recovered a silver-colored Derringer pistol, a black Daisy BB gun, a .22-caliber rifle, two canisters of ammunition and two gun holsters, court records show.

They call that an arsenal? :uhh:

You realize that many businesses, schools, universities, and workplaces, if not airports don't allow you to carry in weapons.

Please explain how you will force places (most of them private) that ban weapons, for security and logistical reasons, to allow them to be easily carried.

The point is that you can't be armed 24/7 everywhere, and that is usually when rapists strike - where they know you will have a hard time fighting back.

My wife and my uncle carry. Both are armed pretty much all the time...and you could be standing next to them, and never realize it.

Note also that open carry is legal here...and nobody so much as raises an eyebrow.

Oh bull. The vast majority of criminals when confronted by a citizen with a weapon, is they run. Even if there are 20 of them, criminals are generally cowards. They are not going to risk taking a bullet, even if "she can't shoot us all".

Raleigh woman will not be charged in shooting death of ex-boyfriend News Observer News Observer

For those who don't know, a .22LR is one of the smallest rounds you can buy, and a Derringer is a 2-shot gun. You have just two shots, and you are done.

Talley told police that Guess owned “an arsenal of weapons,” according to the search warrants. Investigators searched his apartment on Tony Tank Lane and recovered a silver-colored Derringer pistol, a black Daisy BB gun, a .22-caliber rifle, two canisters of ammunition and two gun holsters, court records show.

I think my uncle had more than that before he was 12! :lol::lol:

Learn to use what you do have. Not long ago a woman murdered a man using a high heeled shoe.

Yes...exactly right...which is why we need to open up more locations to allowing law abiding people to protect themselves with guns.....

In England it's not the weapons of self defense that are illegal. The act of self defense is illegal. Just about anything can be a weapon. A chair small enough to pick up, a vase, a pencil, a key, not every three dimensional object can be banned. That's why the act itself is what is illegal.

A while back I saw an article that stated British authorities discouraged people from calling for help during an attack because they didn't want to escalate the violence by having bystanders enter into it.....I saw this somewhere and I can't find it yet...but that is what they said..........

British self defense.....(forget Krav Maga or Brazilian JuJutsu)

1) rely on the kindness of your violent criminal attacker

2) rely on the incompetence of your violent criminal attacker

3) rely on simple, pure, dumb luck......

In England it's not the weapons of self defense that are illegal. The act of self defense is illegal. Just about anything can be a weapon. A chair small enough to pick up, a vase, a pencil, a key, not every three dimensional object can be banned. That's why the act itself is what is illegal.

Thanks.

I carry a knife. I have always carried a knife. My British friends call me a barbarian. One young woman asked if she could carry it for one day. It made her feel entirely differently. She wasn't a victim. She didn't think of herself as a victim. No matter how ineffective she might be, there was the ability to fight back.

The feeling was so uncomfortable that she gladly gave the knife back promising to never do that again. This young woman would beg for her life and hope that an attacker would let her live. Unfortunately she expects mercy from someone who would kill a puppy without a thought.

BB guns are super dangerous. Poke someones eye out. That might cause pain. Can't have that. We're all wimps, remember?

Learn to use what you do have. Not long ago a woman murdered a man using a high heeled shoe.

And those darn Republicans opposed Shoe Control Laws too.

I carry a knife. I have always carried a knife. My British friends call me a barbarian. One young woman asked if she could carry it for one day. It made her feel entirely differently. She wasn't a victim. She didn't think of herself as a victim. No matter how ineffective she might be, there was the ability to fight back.

The feeling was so uncomfortable that she gladly gave the knife back promising to never do that again. This young woman would beg for her life and hope that an attacker would let her live. Unfortunately she expects mercy from someone who would kill a puppy without a thought.

And they are trying to ban kitchen knives too.

BBC NEWS Health Doctors kitchen knives ban call

Remember this? Call to bank kitchen knives. Might cause an ouchy. Can't have that.

Your response "How will having a weapon deter crime if your are not allowed to have it?"

DERP..... ? Ok, go back to our claim....... Having a weapon....... deters crime.

Obviously if you are not allowed to have the weapon, it can't deter crime. Our entire point is that people should be allowed to defend themselves.

One of my close friends worked at a job, where the owner specifically allowed all employees to get Conceal and Carry permits, as a company benefit. Literally, he hired a retired police officer to have the course in the company building.

He ran a sign making company. They made all kinds of LED signs. (only pointing that out to say he wasn't an arms dealer or something).

Even having a weapon doesn't guarantee anything, and we never claimed it did. If you are looking for something 100% guaranteed in life, it's that you will die someday. Other than that, it's all about odds.

If you are confronted by a criminal, I can promise you that without a weapon, you will be helpless and pathetic in the face of an armed criminal. With a weapon, you might be able to defend yourself.

Which one do you choose? Helpless sheep? Or a man that can defend himself? I'm the man. Which are you?
In other words you have no answer, just more nonsense about how if everyone carried a gun 24/7 all rape would stop.

Your entire plan to stop rape is give people guns, and where they can't take them, they are meant to just take them in illegally and go to jail for taking assault weapons through the metal detector. You must be fun at airports.

If you don't have a weapon, and can't take a weapon into public buildings, schools, universities, airports, malls, and stores,etc, then you are screwed, literally.

Only way to stop rape, is go to the source of rape, which is cultural influences that promote it, just giving people guns won't stop rape.

Last edited:

I knew a girl from Belgium....had the same sort of attitude...I was wondering if it was a common thing or just her.....so it seems that Europe is infected with suicidal pacifism.........Putin will have fun being their overlord.........

In other words you have no answer, just more nonsense about how if everyone carried a gun 24/7 all rape would stop.

Your entire plan to stop rape is give people guns, and where they can't take them, they are meant to just take them in illegally and go to jail for taking assault weapons through the metal detector. You must be fun at airports.

If you don't have a weapon, and can't take a weapon into public buildings, schools, universities, airports, malls, and stores,etc, then you are screwed, literally.

Only way to stop rape, is go to the source of rape, which is cultural influences that promote it, just giving people guns won't stop rape.

Rapists are violent sociopaths...there is no culture influence in most rapists...except in muslim countries......for western rapists...they are mental cases......

Yes...we have an answer...don't get drunk around strange men, don't do drugs around strange men, carry a gun for self defense where you can, and where you can't, carry a knife and learn how to use it...the martial arts from the Phillipines teach knife techniques...find a school........the knife is the second best way to stop a rape, and you can carry a 3" knife and achieve a lot with it.........

Lock your doors at night, try not to walk by yourself and be alert.....take a course in self defense...

What would they think if you carry a gun?

"Cultural influences"? Umm, that might be true for date rape. But for cases like this asshole culture is far, far, far from an influence. He's just a homicidal asshole.

James Biela Murderpedia the encyclopedia of murderers

Forum List

Back