British cop shows are silly, their cops don’t have guns.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Looking for something to watch, I sometimes catch British cop shows or mysteries….

The latest one is called “Stay Close,” and like the others the cops don’t have guns……..the detective confronts one of the killers and has to wrestle with them….and gets beat up…….just silly.

Another show had two different female officers get the crap beaten out of them by the same killer………one of them was killed and the other one barely survived by macing the guy…..who then ran away.

If British criminals ever decide to get really viscous…British cops are going to be in real trouble.

Another funny moment….lIdris Elba had a big show on the BBC called Luthor….he didn’t have a gun either….and in one funny scene, he is a high profile, experienced detective…and had to ask another detective how guns work………it was the first episode of that series…….

Again, if British criminals really get mean, British cops are going to be in trouble….

Your average officer will never fire their gun on the line for their entire careers. Many, myself included, have never drawn it with the intention of using it.

While a firearm is a great deterrent against assault by criminals (UK cops get assaulted at twice the rate of US cops), it doesn't solve a lot of police problems.

Policing is 99% communication. Only when that communication utterly fails is a firearm necessary.

Your average officer will never fire their gun on the line for their entire careers. Many, myself included, have never drawn it with the intention of using it.

While a firearm is a great deterrent against assault by criminals (UK cops get assaulted at twice the rate of US cops), it doesn't solve a lot of police problems.

Policing is 99% communication. Only when that communication utterly fails is a firearm necessary.

Yeah…….I understand that, it is just silly to watch these cops on these shows dealing with violent killers and only having harsh language to deal with them…….and it does show how dangerous it is for women to try to deal with stronger male criminals.

and it does show how dangerous it is for women to try to deal with stronger male criminals.

The better your communications skills, the less likely it will be that you will have to go hands on with a criminal, male or female.

I would rather ride with a smooth talking woman who knows how to handle people than a 6-foot tall linebacker who just pisses people off when he talks to them.

Police don't fight fair, we go into every situation with a plan. If we know we're going to be dealing with a loose cannon, we plan accordingly. A lot of time that plan changes quickly, but a sharp cop will have contingency plans, backup, and will plan how to react to a situation that goes south.

Sex is a very poor indicator of intelligence, and intelligence is a much better tool to have in a field than big biceps. I've worked with smart men, dumb women, strong women, and not so strong men.

The better your communications skills, the less likely it will be that you will have to go hands on with a criminal, male or female.

I would rather ride with a smooth talking woman who knows how to handle people than a 6-foot tall linebacker who just pisses people off when he talks to them.

Police don't fight fair, we go into every situation with a plan. If we know we're going to be dealing with a loose cannon, we plan accordingly. A lot of time that plan changes quickly, but a sharp cop will have contingency plans, backup, and will plan how to react to a situation that goes south.

Sex is a very poor indicator of intelligence, and intelligence is a much better tool to have in a field than big biceps. I've worked with smart men, dumb women, strong women, and not so strong men.

Yeah.....I get that too....but on these shows they are beyond the talking to criminals stage and into the fighting for their lives stage of the encounter........

Yeah.....I get that too....but on these shows they are beyond the talking to criminals stage and into the fighting for their lives stage of the encounter........

That's why all cop shows are dumb... ours and the Brits. I'm sure Russian and Chinese cops shows are just as dumb.

If they actually made a realistic cop show they would show some poor, dumb bastard who hasn't got a full night's sleep in a week doing paperwork for hours.

There has only been one good cop show in the last 50 years ...

adam122433.jpg

The way they dealt with people and the types of calls they attended better represents what a normal cop encounters than any show with spray-tanned sides of beef sliding over car hood and jumping through the air with two guns blazing.

They still use clips for this show in police academies to teach Tactical Communications. They way the talked with people (most of the time) was real and actually useful.

That's why all cop shows are dumb... ours and the Brits. I'm sure Russian and Chinese cops shows are just as dumb.

If they actually made a realistic cop show they would show some poor, dumb bastard who hasn't got a full night's sleep in a week doing paperwork for hours.

Except the Chinese shows, they just grab up anyone they want to question and beat them until they talk........makes the whole interrogation process go much faster......

There has only been one good cop show in the last 50 years ...

View attachment 677128

The way they dealt with people and the types of calls they attended better represents what a normal cop encounters than any show with spray-tanned sides of beef sliding over car hood and jumping through the air with two guns blazing.

They still use clips for this show in police academies to teach Tactical Communications. They way the talked with people (most of the time) was real and actually useful.

I was at a plumbing store and they had this on....one of those old t.v. show cable channels......I used to watch that show every week....great show....

Looking for something to watch, I sometimes catch British cop shows or mysteries….

The latest one is called “Stay Close,” and like the others the cops don’t have guns……..the detective confronts one of the killers and has to wrestle with them….and gets beat up…….just silly.

Another show had two different female officers get the crap beaten out of them by the same killer………one of them was killed and the other one barely survived by macing the guy…..who then ran away.

If British criminals ever decide to get really viscous…British cops are going to be in real trouble.

Another funny moment….lIdris Elba had a big show on the BBC called Luthor….he didn’t have a gun either….and in one funny scene, he is a high profile, experienced detective…and had to ask another detective how guns work………it was the first episode of that series…….

Again, if British criminals really get mean, British cops are going to be in trouble….
I have no interest in watching the US Cops shows but I do watch the UK one when I stumble on it just because they're so stupid.

But, even though our cops have guns, the recent video from NYC of the teenager beating up one cop in the subway while two other cops watched. Their guns did them no good because they're afraid to use them.

When someone gets into any physical altercation with a cop, whether they're right or wrong, they should expect to get shot, very possibly shot dead.

This is what democrat party cities look like......I just listened to a segment on our local Dan and Amy show in Chicago...they talked to Illinois State's Attorneys about the new "Safe" act that goes into effect here on Jan. 1...........it is going to turn loose violent criminals and handicap the police even more....

The democrats are insane.......their brains do not work properly....

Forum List

Back