Britains Homeland Security

well, I can explain, but dont expect these guys to back it up.

This all was thought up along time ago, same with Patriot act I & II, and the little known Victory act(be afraid).

While the nation was fresh with fear of the suprise attack on 9/11. It was rushed through congress and what not. our officials were at risk for being called unpatriotic and traitors.

Ahh, yes, the Victory Act!

"The act, scheduled to be introduced this month, targets combating the link between drug trafficking and terrorism."

This is outrageous! How dare they want to curb terrorism and the flow of narcotics into the US! :rolleyes:

Unless you are a terrorist or a drug trafficker you have nothing to fear. Are you one of those, Jones?

Originally posted by jones
Maybe you should try reading parts of it or find an objective analysis.

I've already read hundreds of articles about these acts before this post. I still have no problem with it. If you aren't involved in crimes, you aren't a terrorist, and you aren't a drug trafficker, then you have nothing to worry about!

If you are one of the above, and you lose some rights, tough shit!

What exactly is it you fear, Jones?

Police state, martial law(or "state of emergency" now), Endless war, jobs, economy, future of this country, corporate corruption. The list gos on and on.

Jim, did you know Hitler had "free speech zones" too?
Thats why when you see old video, all the people are cheering and lining the street to praise him. The people who were protesting were miles away in their protest zones.

Police state, martial law(or "state of emergency" now), Endless war, jobs, economy, future of this country, corporate corruption. The list gos on and on.

How does curbing terrorism and drug trafficking relate to anything you just said? You don't want these things, but you don't want anything done to prevent it. These acts are for national security, not for the everyday Joe, not for jobs, not for the economy. You're really stretching what they are doing.

Jim, did you know Hitler had "free speech zones" too?

And this has what to do with the acts enacted to curb terrorism?

Creating those "zones" was an act to curb terrorism.

Hate to break it to ya. but,
The threat of terrorists is bloated.

Hate to break it to ya. but,
The threat of terrorists is bloated.

Sounds like an opinion to me. You cry foul by the current administration not doing enough to curtail Al Qaeda in the Iraq forum, but in this forum you claim the terrorist threat is bloated. Get yourself straight!

:laugh:

Im perfectly straight.
They arent protecting whats really important and are creating a huge recruitment boost for al qaeda. Dont you know that?

On the other hand, they are blowing up the terrorist threat into a huge problem to control the nation with fear. Colored warning systems do nothing to help us but instil fear.

its all dirty tricks
Like while Saddam was being captured, Bush was signing the extremely controversial Patriot Act II into LAW.
How many newspapers picked that up?
Its the old "Look over there!" reutine.

Im perfectly straight.
They arent protecting whats really important and are creating a huge recruitment boost for al qaeda. Dont you know that?

They are trying to protect the American citizen and our way of life. So, you're saying the patriot/victory acts are a recruitment boost for Al Qaeda? How do you figure this? Please explain.

On the other hand, they are blowing up the terrorist threat into a huge problem to control the nation with fear. Colored warning systems do nothing to help us but instil fear.

The liberals first cried foul, that the public has the right to know when there is a threat and we should be kept appraised. Now you're saying that their sharing of intel is wrong. Can't have it both ways.

its all dirty tricks

I know, what an evil bunch of conspirators!

Like while Saddam was being captured, Bush was signing the extremely controversial Patriot Act II into LAW.
How many newspapers picked that up?

I read about this a few weeks ago. I guess it was those 'biased' national media you referred to.

Its the old "Look over there!" reutine.

No, it's just another conspiracy ROUTINE.

Man, you are too much to handle jimnyc.

I'm saying the manner in which they are going to war , bombing the shit out of innocent civilians is making a HUGE recruitment boost.
what did the report say? Something like 40,000 or 70,000 went through the terrorist training camp in outskirts of pakistan after 9/11.

ANd the patriot acts, they do NOTHING to protect us.

color coated threat level does nothing to provide info.
The terrorist dont even NEED to put terror in our nation, all they need to do is make "chatter".

And yes they ARE evil. Get it straight.

Amelia Earhart Defense - A four part shell game: (1) I can't find those facts; (2) there are lots of theories; (3) oh, that was a long time ago; and (4) nobody cares anymore. This is useful when the quote, facts, or figures have been "disappeared", as in the recent K.Parker Affair, or the White House Website Follies

someday all will be clear to you. This administration WONT get away with this. What comes around goes around.

You will all be ashamed of your current zeal and trust in your "goverment". Mark my words.
We were right about Vietnam, and were right about the iraq war.

Probably for much the same reason that LA rebuilds freeways in a matter of weeks after an major earthquake and we still haven't even begun the construction to replace the Bay Bridge due to political squabbling since the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake.

Man, you are too much to handle jimnyc.

Maybe you can find somewhere else to debate. There are plenty of boards out there dedicated to impressionable children, they just may like your rants and conspiracy theories. Give it a shot!

I'm saying the manner in which they are going to war , bombing the shit out of innocent civilians is making a HUGE recruitment boost.

They could take out Iraq with the flick of a button and you think 10,000 total Iraqi's dead in a battle that's been going on for 10 months is "bombing the shit" out of them?

what did the report say? Something like 40,000 or 70,000 went through the terrorist training camp in outskirts of pakistan after 9/11.

And they were doing the same thing prior to 9/11.

ANd the patriot acts, they do NOTHING to protect us.

Sure, it's only there to remove your freedoms and eventually turn the country into a police state. :rolleyes:

color coated threat level does nothing to provide info.

The government has been releasing details with every change in the color system. I've been reading dispersed info almost every other day regarding supposed threats and warnings. Are you too busy on your conspiracy sites to read them?

The terrorist dont even NEED to put terror in our nation, all they need to do is make "chatter".

And the USA responds to this chatter to ensure our safety. They're doing a damn good job in my opinion.

And yes they ARE evil. Get it straight.

Yes, I agree, pure evil! Burn them at the stakes!

someday all will be clear to you. This administration WONT get away with this. What comes around goes around.

Oh, it's clear to me alright!

You will all be ashamed of your current zeal and trust in your "goverment". Mark my words.

Let me right my path! Shall I instead lay my trust in your theories? Where do I go to join? Is there an initiation fee? Do they take the educated, or is it solely for the uninformed?

Your sarcastic remarks are also childish in my opinion.

Ya, I could goto another board but, Its not as much fun, or frustrating. This one is great, when the someone "lefty" makes a ruckus. The owner comes down and argues endlessly to destroy the dissent, and your little minions jump in and make stupid comments that try and make us look like fools. It dont work, while you sit here and argue with me and others. many people are looking over our shoulders, doubting their own reasons for supporting this pathetic excuse for a goverment.

Are the terrorist coming to get you? You must be really really scared. Is your dream of having a very small goverment coming true? sorry to say, its not, we have a VERY large administration, no tours in that whitehouse. They need all the space for those extra operations we never here about.

What are you complaining about anyway? All your wishes seem to be coming true.

Your sarcastic remarks are also childish in my opinion.

And what about your remarks, and your CONSTANT refusal to provide sources for your information? You come here ranting about theories non stop and then get pissed when people call you on outlandish claims.

Ya, I could goto another board but, Its not as much fun, or frustrating. This one is great, when the someone "lefty" makes a ruckus. The owner comes down and argues endlessly to destroy the dissent, and your little minions jump in and make stupid comments that try and make us look like fools.

Destroy the dissent? :laugh:

Nobody has to make you look like a fool, you have been doing a great job all on your own from your very first post.

It dont work, while you sit here and argue with me and others. many people are looking over our shoulders, doubting their own reasons for supporting this pathetic excuse for a goverment.

Only if you say so.

Are the terrorist coming to get you? You must be really really scared. Is your dream of having a very small goverment coming true? sorry to say, its not, we have a VERY large administration, no tours in that whitehouse. They need all the space for those extra operations we never here about.

I'm not scared at all. I think the government is doing a tremendous job and I feel safer day by day.

"All those extra operations we never here about? :laugh: Do you mean the ones that utilize tha silent black helicopters?

What are you complaining about anyway? All your wishes seem to be coming true.

What have I complained about? I'm quite content actually! It seems to be you that has constant criticism and hatred for our government. Must suck to be you.

The owner comes down and argues endlessly to destroy the dissent, and your little minions jump in and make stupid comments that try and make us look like fools.

Awesome! I made the big time!

I've been striving for years, I finally made the rank of 'Minion'!

What do I get, Jim?! My own set of thumbscrews? Is there a secret handshake involved? What about benefits?

Pretty interesting, 5.10.

I didn't know that Britain hadn't passed new laws, but I have read about some of the Islamic clerics there in England that have publicly said some radical things and they were dealt with. Seems to me that your law enforcement shut them down with your existing laws?

It seems to me that your laws were better suited to dealing with National Security issues than ours were - ours were full of holes & obviously needed attention immediately.

Forum List

Back