Britain's Greatest Ever Foe?

Just 'cause he was a Brit citizen until he said "the fuck I am, nit wit" makes it even better!!!

Meh. Emperor Claudius would have been a better choice. I don't recall George Washington invading England and enslaving the population he didn't slaughter.

Meh. Emperor Claudius would have been a better choice. I don't recall George Washington invading England and enslaving the population he didn't slaughter.

Although, to be fair, the Romans did bring civilisation.

Britain had civilization prior to the arrival of the Romans, bub.

i have considerable respect for Washington, but if they're talking about enemy generals, I think Napoleon really has to top the list, or perhaps William of Normandy if you want to restrict it to foes who actually won their wars.

So? There was "civilization" within Britain prior to the Romans' arrival.

i have considerable respect for Washington, but if they're talking about enemy generals, I think Napoleon really has to top the list, or perhaps William of Normandy if you want to restrict it to foes who actually won their wars.

Rommel

So? There was "civilization" within Britain prior to the Romans' arrival.

Civilisation isn't the word I'd use to describe the different tribes who had their own respective languages and culture in Britain (or Albion) before the arrival of General Plautius and his legions.

Napoleon was a foe of much of Europe and even Russia though not particularity of England. Though I'd concede, if more successful, he eventually could have been the greater foe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJsYLiizvU]ABBA : Waterloo (Momarkedet 1975) HQ - YouTube[/ame]

My guess is the voters decided England lost more in the colonies due to Washington than was lost due to Napoleon's er... shenanigans.

Napoleon was a foe of much of Europe and even Russia though not particularity of England. Though I'd concede, if more successful, he eventually could have been the greater foe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUJsYLiizvU]ABBA : Waterloo (Momarkedet 1975) HQ - YouTube[/ame]

My guess is the voters decided England lost more in the colonies due to Washington than was lost due to Napoleon's er... shenanigans.

Rommel

Rommel

I thought a decent case was made for Rommel in the article. Though arguably both Rommel and England had a common foe in Hitler. (granted it's nice when your foe's boss is batsh** insane)

Man. I get bored posting this reality.............

Attachments

• $murkastan.gif
    $murkastan.gif
    74.6 KB · Views: 79

Forum List

Back