Brit Teens Try US Biscuits-N-Gravy For The First Time

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
With bonus fried chicken and sweet tea!

I don't know why they look so shocked. Looks like any other British food. But with FLAVOR.
smiley_abused.gif

Damn, now I'm hungry. ;)

With bonus fried chicken and sweet tea!

I don't know why they look so shocked. Looks like any other British food. But with FLAVOR.
smiley_abused.gif

Damn, now I'm hungry. ;)

This was fantastic. I laughed out loud in several parts.

Doesn't surprise me these young men fell in love with the biscuits and gravy....I'm wondering if the results would have been a little more mixed with young women though? Most men I know LOVE it, and only some women. I love biscuits, but with butter and honey.

What a fun video. Thanks for sharing!

This was fantastic. I laughed out loud in several parts.

Doesn't surprise me these young men fell in love with the biscuits and gravy....I'm wondering if the results would have been a little more mixed with young women though? Most men I know LOVE it, and only some women. I love biscuits, but with butter and honey.

What a fun video. Thanks for sharing!
I aim to please. ;)

BTW.....Jimmy Dean makes a sausage product called Crumbles.....It's exactly what it sounds like, crumbled JD sausage....It's perfect for a batch of quick S&G. It also does very well in spaghetti sauce if you like sausage in your sauce.

OIP.8YcmW8PsRhXbT7VoYb7PvAHaHn

When my English friend visited me in Seattle, she couldn't wait to try barbecued ribs. We went to a great place called Home Of Good BBQ, in the "diverse" neighborhood my hubby grew up in, and I thought the brisket & slaw & beans were going to make my friend cry.

Too bad the place doesn't exist any more.

We also went to powwow and had alder planked salmon and fry bread. Same reaction.

I thought she was going to immigrate.

EEEEK!!!!!!!!!!

Nope.

My English hosts were so desperate for good food that they begged me to make a traditional American Thanksgiving dinner while I was there. They had gotten their hands on a big frozen turkey somehow.

My dinner would have been considered a flop by American culinary standards, but they could not stop raving!

Eel is very good deep fried-up in a tempura batter....Very mild.

The hide can also be tanned like leather. NAs used to to repair gun stocks with. They wrapped it around the area to be repaired when it was wet. As it dried it shrank and made for a very effective repair.

I used to have a very nice eel bag.

Forum List

Back