Brit imprisoned 2 months for writing obscene message

if it was malicious, sure give it to him
if it was just a request/fantasy, it is going to far to put him in prison

• Banned
Where liberals rule, freedom of expression is absent.

Man jailed over obscene Christmas card
The court would have seen what he wrote . Have you seen it ?

You're the typical totalitarian liberal.
For suggesting that the court had more evidence than you ? What a pinhead twat you are.

What obscenity could he have written that would warrant being imprisoned for 2 months? I can think of some pretty obscene things that I could write to another, none of which would send me to prison, at least not in the U.S.

I'm not sure what the laws are, but I would assume that if you threaten to kill someone else in writing, you may end up in jail.

• Banned
I'm not sure what the laws are, but I would assume that if you threaten to kill someone else in writing, you may end up in jail.

But that's not what's being reported. The man allegedly wrote a sexually obscene letter to a woman. What am I missing?

But that's not what's being reported. The man allegedly wrote a sexually obscene letter to a woman. What am I missing?
Oh yes...threatening to rape (sexually obscene) a woman isn't considered a threat by many males, is it?

Oh yes...threatening to rape (sexually obscene) a woman isn't considered a threat by many males, is it?

The article didn't say anything about making threats to do anything. Where did you read that?

Where liberals rule, freedom of expression is absent.

Man jailed over obscene Christmas card
The court would have seen what he wrote . Have you seen it ?

You're the typical totalitarian liberal.
For suggesting that the court had more evidence than you ? What a pinhead twat you are.

What obscenity could he have written that would warrant being imprisoned for 2 months? I can think of some pretty obscene things that I could write to another, none of which would send me to prison, at least not in the U.S.
You lag behind us when it comes to common decency. You are defending this character and you dont even know what he said. Clown.

You know they don't have the Constitution and Bill of Rights in Europe, right?

No shit. Like I said, where liberals rule, freedom of expression is absent. If American liberals ever get the power to do so, the first amendment, as we know it, will cease to exist.

You lag behind us when it comes to common decency. You are defending this character and you dont even know what he said. Clown.

All I know is what the article says, which is, he was sentenced to 2 months in prison for writing a sexually obscene letter to a woman. I take it that you support imprisoning people who communicate obscene messages, am I correct?

On another note, why doesn't the court release the evidence to the public? If this man is just a dangerous threat to the community, doesn't the community have a right to know what he wrote to that woman? Call me crazy, but I don't like the idea of the government imprisoning people on secret evidence.

I'd love for someone to come forward and provide an explanation that would make sense of all this. The article itself raised more questions than it answered.

All I know is what the article says, which is, he was sentenced to 2 months in prison for writing a sexually obscene letter to a woman. I take it that you support imprisoning people who communicate obscene messages, am I correct?

On another note, why doesn't the court release the evidence to the public? If this man is just a dangerous threat to the community, doesn't the community have a right to know what he wrote to that woman? Call me crazy, but I don't like the idea of the government imprisoning people on secret evidence.

I'd love for someone to come forward and provide an explanation that would make sense of all this. The article itself raised more questions than it answered.
I did, you are making the mistake of believing that US laws pertain to a European nation-derp....

Forum List

Back